Android, Please!?!?!?!?

Page 7 of 11 (219 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »
This post has 218 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 6
Paul Searle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 8:14 AM

Thanks Graham!!

From that it appears that we could be talking about Logos 5 before an android app is in the works, but then again,

QUOTE:We're still working on re-writing our mobile display engine, which has to happen before we port to a new platform. We're almost there.

from  Bob Pritchett in August looks like it could mean thatt now that the Macintosh code port for Logos 4 is done then efforts may be focusing primarily on the "mobile display engine" and it could be closer than the year to 18 months that Logos 5 is sure to be.

Posts 46
Terry Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 10:04 AM

Web-baed will also work.  But, I would like to be able to download some of the resources.  I would like to be able to read them without having to maintain a battery draining network/internet connection.

Posts 3
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 2:21 PM

I want an Android app too,

First to market with a decent android app gets my loyalty.

Bible Works, Logos, or anyone else, I don't care.

Posts 3036
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 1:15 AM

I'd like to see that also.

mm.

Posts 58
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 13 2010 11:16 AM

Considering my investment in Logos Series X, 3 and 4, I will wait a little longer for the Android app from them, but I see your point.

"If you cry out for insight and understanding and if you search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." - Proverbs 2:3-5

Posts 120
Steve Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 13 2010 11:49 AM

Did anyone else pick up on the "hint" (or "teasing," call it what you will) from the brief Android-related comment exchange to today's (10/13/2010) Logos blog post regarding FreeBookPreview.com and the iPhone app?

Howard Law | October 13, 2010 8:25 AM | Reply

Thanks for rubbing it in but some of us have droids and still yet can not use our Logos on it, so how about some good news like "Logos Now Available on Droid"??????

Jayson Bradley replied to comment from Howard Law | October 13, 2010 9:25 AM | Reply

Howard,

You just never know what kind of news you might hear.  (Emphasis mine) For the time being...

Steve R.

Posts 44
Ben Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 11:51 AM

I was recently at a camp logos and asked about the android app.  I was told that it is being worked on, but there is no timeline.  Like anything else Logos does, they will do it well.  This means time.  As a mac user I was waiting on the final 4.0 and was not let down.  We need to be patient as Android is just now becoming a force in the marketplace.  Plus Android provides more complications because of it being somewhat fractured (though this has improved) and there being so many phones with various specs that have to be considered.  And we cannot forget that Logos is working on more than just their core engine.  Hang in there Android faithful.  Our patience will be rewarded!

Posts 1
Steve Vincent | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 12:08 PM

"First to market" turns out to be Olive Tree, and it's working pretty well on my Samsung Vibrant. Problem solved!

Posts 170
NYSERVANT | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 8:10 PM

I currently use Cadre Bible.  It is real good.  But would much prefer to have a logos app!

Posts 9
Steven Slesinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 10:25 AM

I agree. Just bought a droid......

Posts 37
Noel Bomar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 11:01 AM

In case no one on this post is aware. Logos has provided an alternative mobile solution that allows anyone with a web based moble phone to access their personal Logos4 library @ http://library.logos.com/

Just open your favorite browser (Opera works well) on your mobil device and navigate to the following address  http://library.logos.com/.

You will need your login that you use with Logos4 and viola! You have access to most of your library.

Hope this helps.

Posts 1
James Browning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 1:36 PM

I have an Android X and do not plan to change and like the others I would love an Android App.  Please make one available soon.  I feel that a lott of Logo's customers are being short changed and one sided not to have this available to us. 

Posts 16
Keith Moncrief | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 22 2010 6:21 PM

Like many others...Logos is the one app missing from my Android...longing and waiting....is patience really a virtue?

Thanks for the post Noel. Would rather have an app with the ability to load books on the phone but at least I can access my library....

Posts 22
Wonderer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 26 2010 1:26 AM

I was hoping for an ipad, but with droid tablets being available at $139, i would much more readily purshase that. i honestly doubt, however, that i would cough up the dough for an ipad.  i would think that there are many other logos users in the same boat.

that being said, i would be very excited to see an android app.

Posts 170
NYSERVANT | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 8:23 PM

Did anyone else see this on Dan Pritchett's twitter:  http://www.twitpic.com/32c0zt

Our dream is coming true. 

Posts 28
Jonathan Vliet | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 10:03 PM

My analysis is that it's only logical...iphone has less than 30% of the smartphone market right now, and android is quickly up and coming and threatening to become a major contender.  Google is making deals (adobe) and developing innovative products (google goggles, and google speach engines) that are going to be pushing the market and attracting customers.  I'm guessing it's simply a matter of time...However, my renewal is coming up and although I would prefer owning another android phone, the logos app may end up being the clincher which causes me to settle for an iphone  :-(

Unless Logos wants to announce something soon!  :-)

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 11:09 PM

Scott Solimine:

Did anyone else see this on Dan Pritchett's twitter:  http://www.twitpic.com/32c0zt

Great news.

Posts 46
Dave Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 8:10 AM

Yet another vote for the Logos 4 app for the droid.  

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 8:52 AM

Alain Maashe:

Scott Solimine:

Great news.

No, this is not quite what we are asking for.  I personally would find a dedicated android app for reading my logos books offline very useful.  The picture on twitter showed a browser-based logos library.

Posts 170
NYSERVANT | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 9:04 AM

Vladamir if you the site it says "We’re planning a version of Logos for the Android platform. It will likely be just like the Logos for iPhone application, with Android-specific interface as required. There is no additional information available about features or timeframe at this time.

In the meantime, check out Biblia.com on your mobile browser."

I assume they just put a picture on it for now to show what is currently available.

Page 7 of 11 (219 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS