Android, Please!?!?!?!?

Page 2 of 11 (219 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 218 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 62
Mike T | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 8:11 PM

Thomas Black:

The plan right now is to create a web based solution that will work on all devices, then to one by one craft specific solutions for various platforms which highlight the capacity of that particular platform.

I just bought the Droid, too.  I'm looking forward to the web-based solution, but just so you know that there is one more voter for an eventual android app...

Posts 1962
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 8:14 PM

I also would be in favor of Logos on the Droid

Posts 1691
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 6:30 PM

We don't have plans for a dedicated Android app yet, but you can visit http://library.logos.com in any mobile phone browser to get similar functionality.

Posts 28
Raymond Cabrera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 11:48 AM

Olive Tree Actually offers bible software for Android. They have nice selection of study tools

Posts 2
Robert Glazner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:04 AM

I'm an iPhone user of 2 1/2 years and will say that there are ALOT of us that are tired of AT&T's terrible coverage and speed but love our apps. Please offer Logos on Android. It is the only app keeping me tied to AT&T.

Posts 2
Robert Glazner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:09 AM

Just checked out the library.logos.com that Mr. Bob Pritchett referred to above. Not bad. I think that might suffice if you can make on screen links on the Droid.

Posts 4
William D Tyree III | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 5:38 PM

Bob Pritchett:

We don't have plans for a dedicated Android app yet, but you can visit http://library.logos.com in any mobile phone browser to get similar functionality.

I have been a logos users since 1991.  I have more than 2600 logos resources and would certainly appreciate an android application.  Can we please make this happen?

Posts 72
Zachary Oglesby | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 5:33 PM

I wrote a little wrapper application for Android that will help with library.logos.com. All that its using is WebView (a part of the Android SDK) but it gives it a little more of an Android fell. You have to have "Unknown Sources" enabled in the applications settings menu to install it for now. But I may put it on the market later. (If I can figure out why the logo is not working)

http://zachoglesby.com/BibleReader.apk

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 6:39 PM

gracias Zach! much appreciated!

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 16
Larry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 9:47 PM

I am hoping to see an App for the Verizon Driod phone. I too have the storm, but I am getting the Driod and I hope Logos will make an app for this phone.

Posts 72
Zachary Oglesby | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 5:46 AM

If anyone tries my app with an Android device with keyboard don't open it on the login page or you will be taken back to the index page. I will try and fix that soon.

Posts 67
Aaron Kesson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:14 AM

RobertGlazner:

Just checked out the library.logos.com that Mr. Bob Pritchett referred to above. Not bad. I think that might suffice if you can make on screen links on the Droid.

I simply bookmarked it in the browser, and this works for me for the time being.  However, a dedicated app would be great!

Grace and Peace,

-Rev. Aaron Kesson

http://www.aaronkesson.com

Posts 24
Casey Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:32 AM

I too, would like to put in my vote for an Android app.  I have a Blackjack 2 with ATT now, but moved to an area where Verizon is much stronger.  I would switch tomorrow if you had an app for Android.  Just got Logos 4 installed yesterday, and would like to play with the mobile app too!

Posts 5
David Lyell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:40 AM

An android app would really complete the logos experience for me too!

Bring it to this wonderful open-source platform please!

Posts 1
Scott Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 5:13 PM

I just want to keep this thread going by saying that I, too, would love to see Logos on Android.  It's only a matter of time before this platform at least matches the widespread use of the iPhone.

God bless and thank you for the work you've done!

Posts 1
Dick E Hanson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 11:43 AM

Android is the future of smartphones. Time to get Logos on it!  I have an HTC Hero and I have been with Logos since 1.6 or before and I have over 2500 resources.  I don't want Olive Tree I want Logos!! 

This is the same battle that went on between Apple and the PC and the open source won. The numbers are increasing daily.  I won't use an iPhone.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 1:00 PM

DickEHanson:
Android is the future of smartphones.
Well, when the future gets here, then maybe Logos will rethink their decision. Until then, there is library.logos.com. 

DickEHanson:
I have been with Logos since 1.6
As have I, and I love the iPhone app.

DickEHanson:
  I won't use an iPhone.
This is a free world, no one is forcing you to. On the other hand, Logos is not forced to program for the phone that you do use. Personally, I manage the cell phone area for the company I work for, I have evaluated android since it first appeared, through it's current incarnation. It has promise, on the other hand, I can have what ever I want and I have chosen the iPhone for my personal use.

Posts 1
Vince Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2010 8:20 PM

A droid app is essential!  Many of us have carriers who do not offer iphones!

Posts 102
Bokman Han | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 6:47 AM

Logos App for Android, please!

Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 8:34 AM

With the explosion of Droid based phones into all major wireless carriers, I would expect Logos to eventually create a Logos Droid app...similar to what they are now doing with Logos for Mac. I will be purchasing my first smartphone in April when my current contract ends. I have been using a cell phone since 98 and have fought the urge for a phone that does anything but call since then. I now see things differently. My plan is for a Nexus One on the Verizon Network. There are still problems with this and I am aware of them, but it is the best option for me.

For what it's worth, I would pay for a Logos app for Droid IF it was comparable to the Logos for iPhone app. I have an iPod 5th Gen and have no need to downgrade (that is, a smaller hard drive for the same price, thus a downgrade) to a iPod Touch. I have used the Logos App on a family member's phone and love it. I have also played with the mobile version of Logos, but the iPhone App is just more powerful.

My opinion and my opinion alone: Logos has put a lot of time into the iPhone app and soon to be iPad app and they have made it great, as far as mobile apps are concerned. I presume they have done this so they could establish a presence in a necessary and emerging market that is also lacking from other Bible software companies or rather a specific company that should have already jumped on the mini-mobile "Apple" projects (iPhone/iPad). At least to me, that makes sense. 

Additionally, I am thinking futuristically. While I use my MacBook 95% of the time, I am not a "fan boy". I do not plan on purchasing an iPad, but rather a different tablet...I really like the projections I have seen from Windows (specifically the Courier video) and Chromium (I do realize it's not the Android OS).

Count me as a +1 for a Logos Droid app.  

all about Christ,

David Buckham

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 11 (219 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS