Android, Please!?!?!?!?

Page 3 of 11 (219 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 218 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 1
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 1:02 PM

Definitely.  I have been a Logos user since 1997.  I love Logos. It has been an essential tool that I have relied on.

I think it is essential to have an application that is on a major platform like Linux. If I'm using an Android phone, I don''t want to use the resources via the web, since that will limit where I can use the application.  That is, there are some places on the planet where web access isn't that great.

Think of the Chinese market.  The Chinese are abandoning Microsoft and going to Linux.  Talk about potential.

Posts 6
Andrew Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:35 PM

Not to mention the best tablet Notion ink is android this is what the ipad should have been

http://www.notionink.in/

How awesome would it be to have logos on this.  But i guess we can use youversion.

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:40 PM

AndrewPhillips:

Not to mention the best tablet Notion ink is android this is what the ipad should have been

http://www.notionink.in/

How awesome would it be to have logos on this.  But i guess we can use youversion.

Hear hear!

Posts 2725
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 8:29 AM

until it has a ship date it's vaporware and Logos would be insane to throw any resources that way

Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 8:33 AM

Kevin,

Android isn't vaporware. The machine (Notion Ink, Adam) may be vaporware (although it has been seen in action by some reputable blogger types), but the software it is running is already in use and I think that is the point.

all about Christ,

David 

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 6
Andrew Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 12:50 PM

Yes android is here to stay.

Latest youversion numbers had youversion download over 100k times for android devices so i dont think it would be a waste. Just a new chance to reach over 100k people Big Smile

Shoot Id even BUY IT $$$$

Posts 2725
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 6:08 AM

David Buckham:

Kevin,

Android isn't vaporware. The machine (Notion Ink, Adam) may be vaporware (although it has been seen in action by some reputable blogger types), but the software it is running is already in use and I think that is the point.

all about Christ,

David 

I was specifically referring to the device and not android. I have a pet peeve when it comes to tech products. All the announcements and "coming soon" with no firm dates. And many of those things have never seen the light of day. Others end up being far less than promised. So until there is a publicly seen prototype with a very close ship date I just assume the device isn't coming.

Posts 1
Justin Merth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 4:16 PM

I'm in for the Android App!

Posts 33
Shikai Ronnie Poon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 6:33 PM

Just ordered my Android phone, so an logos android app would be great. But an improvement of the web version to closely resemble the iPhone app would do.

Posts 36
Nathan Madison | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 11:45 PM

Hear, hear the swicth is on to Android.  Android app please. I've been a Logos user since 1998 and would love to have an app that can travel with me.

Nathan Madison

Posts 1
Ted | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 12:42 PM

Logos 4 for Verizon Android PLEASE .........................................

Posts 129
George T. Kelley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 7:02 AM

I am not into Apple products, so the ipod.... is not for me . I have ordered a Android phone from Sprint, and will get it soon. However, before I ordered it I made sure that there were Bible Programs for it and there are all kinds of them. It would be nice if Logos would put out a product for Android based phones.

God Bless

Posts 1
Jim Langley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:13 AM

Logos will eventually release an Android version.  They would be foolish not to.  The numbers for the first qtr of 2010 shows that Android-based phones are still a fraction--9 percent--of the U.S. smartphone market, but they also posted the fastest growth of any smartphone platform over the last three months. Google and its partners gained 5.2 percentage points of market share from November 2009 to February 2010, whle apple was down .1%.  Verizon's network has a lot to do with this.

And I am also not interested in a web based Logos.  What will I do when I am up in Maine camping where nobody has coverage?  If that is my only choice, i would prefer to go with another bible software package, while Logos is the best available, it would not be there for my Android?  Maybe Olive Tree will suffice for now...

I only quoted this because it is information that a software developer should not ignore.  I'm picking up my HTC Incredible this month and ditching my iPhone. Smile

Blessings

jim!

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:51 AM

Jim Langley:
And I am also not interested in a web based Logos.  What will I do when I am up in Maine camping where nobody has coverage?  If that is my only choice, i would prefer to go with another bible software package, while Logos is the best available, it would not be there for my Android?  Maybe Olive Tree will suffice for now...

It's not clear to me that Logos is intent on producing a solution for any platform that works well in an offline state.  You'd probably be frustrated camping with an iPhone too, since so much functionality depends on backend servers.  I hope this changes, but the navigator is keeping the roadmap to himself.  Wink

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 9 2010 10:25 AM

Just upgraded to a Motorola Android phone through Verizon.  When push came to shove, I opted for Android over Blackberry.  So, please, Logos, when you can, make a Logos app available for Android.

Posts 3
stan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:35 PM

Franklin Covey has a web-based platform for their plan plus online that works on iphone, blackberry, droid and palm.  add my vote for an android user who wants to use with Logos 4.  how long?

Posts 149
Mark E. Ryman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2010 5:47 PM

No problems with Apple. Just can't get the iPhone with Verizon...who does carry the Droid. So, obviously, I'd love to get one if Logos will support it. 

Posts 170
NYSERVANT | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 1:43 PM

I'd like to see an Android app too.  Especially for the Notion ink which they will be bringing out in June this year.

Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 2:10 PM

The Notion Ink ADAM, which I love, is not coming out in June. They just said it's been delayed because of a problem with Flash. I think the goal is still to have it out by the start of the school year...which is probably when Google will launch their tablet as well. I am still holding out for the ADAM.

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 170
NYSERVANT | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 1:44 PM

I'm open to logos oriented machine with the pixel qi screen.  Something that will run it strong and be easy on the eyes.  But this is probably dreaming.

Page 3 of 11 (219 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS