Prepub's

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 45 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 5:19 AM

Mike Measley:

This is an old thread, but relevant to me today.  I received notice that Systematic theology, by Culver, was available for download.  I downloaded the update which was for L3.  Everything worked as usual, and then I synced my licenses.

When I opened L4, the resource was not there.  I tried running update now, update resources, sync, and scan of the L3 directory.  Nothing has made the new resource appear in L4.  Is there something else I should do, or is it just not available in L4 yet?

mike

Mike, I'm probably not the one to be replying to you but if you close L4 and re-open it the program should automatically update and add the new resource. I purchased the same resource and when I booted up this morning I had a message telling me that there were resources ready to be added to my library and that I needed to restart logos. When I restarted my new resource was there. Indexing only took a few minutes. Have you tried typing "update now" in the command bar? In your program settings have you checked "yes" to automatically download updates?

Hope this helps.

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 9:02 AM

In my experience, I had to install the L3 resources in L3, then sync my licenses.  After doing so, when I started L4, it automatically downloaded my new resources.  I keep L3 installed just for this reason, until they come up with another method of making this work. 

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:12 PM

Tom Geswein:

In my experience, I had to install the L3 resources in L3, then sync my licenses.  After doing so, when I started L4, it automatically downloaded my new resources.  I keep L3 installed just for this reason, until they come up with another method of making this work. 

Tom, I don't have L3 on my laptop, only L4, but I do have it on my desktop at the church (but not L4). I received an email telling me that Culver's Theology was ready for download. The instructions stated to close L4 and when I restart it my new resources would automatically download. There were also instructions for downloading if you are running L3. This has always worked for me. I suppose when my Tyndale Commentaries arrive that I will have to load them on my computer at church, sync the license and then download on my laptop--not sure if I will be able to load from the CD on the laptop running L4. I'm sure that logos will include some directions.

In short my laptop running L4 usually updates automatically, but to get my new resources on my desktop running L3 I have to physically download them from Logos by following the directions in the email notification.

Posts 293
Mike Measley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 3:59 PM

Daniel,

thanks for the reply, and for trying to help.  Yep, I did actually sync the licenses in L3, and I did then open L4.  In fact, I opened L4 tonight hoping that after a day it would appear.  However, no update.  I also ran update now, and update resources.  No luck.  I may have to contact customer support unless someone has another idea.

I had another resource that I had purchased which came right into L4.  I was surprised this one didn't.  Just a glitch somewhere...

Windows 7, Nexus 7

Posts 293
Mike Measley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 6:11 PM

Okay, Well, it has finally showed up in L4.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Windows 7, Nexus 7

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS