Indexer Crash - Possible New Info?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 15 2011 4:51 AM

Good morning,

I realize a lot of people are writing about the indexer crashing. I noticed it started happening 100 % of the time after I started making PB's. Don't know if that makes a difference, but I didn't want the idea to get missed.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    logos4indexer.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    4.30.0.1516
  Problem Signature 03:    4e3981ee
  Problem Signature 04:    System.Data.SQLite
  Problem Signature 05:    1.0.66.1017
  Problem Signature 06:    4ddd9247
  Problem Signature 07:    f2
  Problem Signature 08:    89
  Problem Signature 09:    System.Data.SQLite.SQLite
  OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2011 4:56 AM

Brian,

Diagnostic logs would be helpful in narrowing down the cause of your crash

If you have an A6 or A8 AMD Liano processor there's been a lot of indexer crashes with that recently. One user found a work-around by setting the indexer to run on one core only. See: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/36252/275076.aspx#275076  and the posts following it.

Posts 146

log file -

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2011 6:14 PM

Brian,

We could use the Logos4Indexer.log file as well.

This error says something else was trying to access the same file as the Indexer. Please check what processes are running currently (CTRL-SHIFT-ESC). Be sure there is not a copy of the Logos Indexer running. If there is, use the End Process button to close that process. Then close and reopen Logos and upload the crash and indexer log files.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2011 7:27 PM

Also check to see if your virus scanner or some backup utility might be interfering with the indexer. Try excluding the Logos 4 folder from those types of applications.

Also, a good-ole reboot might help

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 6:00 AM

I shut down Logos, cleared all the log files, started Logos, indexer failed, and here's the only log that came up.

0003.Logos4IndexerCrash.txt

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 7:06 AM

Brian,

The log files will be restarted automatically so you needn't worry about clearing them.

Did you check your running processes?

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 10:26 AM

I completely disabled my virus protection. Opened task manager and ended any processes that looked remotely close to Logos (there were none).

Opened Logos, the indexer tried to start right away, and the indexer failed about 10 seconds later. Ironically, Logos still works, but this obviously prevents it from making any effective searches on my new books (I've specifically tried searching in the new PB's, and no luck).

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 1:10 PM

Brian, if I was sitting at your system I might try downloading a tool to see what process was locking access to the index and then try terminating that process. If that wasn't a fruitful path I would then check permissions and file ownership to see if those could be the problem.

The only problem is that it's kinda hard to explain these steps in a forum post (don't know what your tech proficiency is). It might just be easier for you to call Logos tech support and have them take a look at it.

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 1:16 PM

Brian Maag:
Opened Logos, the indexer tried to start right away

Brian, we don't have enough information at this point to understand what's going on. However, if you are able to work in Logos, try typing the command "Rebuilt Index" in the Command Bar and hit enter. This will force Logos to dump your old index files and start from scratch. I don't have a lot of hope for this since there is some sort of access problem, but it is worth a try.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 1:33 PM

@Mark - have hope - I am doing the Rebuild Index now and it's lasted longer than it has (without error, I mean) since this problem began. Let you know if it lasts. :)

@Kevin - My tech proficiency is definitely up there. I won't give you the resume and all, but I was an IT Consultant for 9 years before going into full time ministry.

5 mins in and the indexer is still working. Fingers crossed, I think Mark may get the brass ring on this one!!!

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 1:35 PM

Brian, well, glad to hear that Mark's suggestion is working thus far, will keep my fingers crossed with you.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS