Upgrade pricing structure question

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 185
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 18 2011 11:13 AM

This is not the most important question you will deal with...in the next 15 seconds, but.....

I own the Leader's base package. On my upgrade page, the retail price of the Silver package is, rounded off, 60% higher than the retail price of the Scholar's package. My upgrade price for the for the Silver package is, again rounded off, 120% higher than the upgrade price of the Scholar's. The disparity in the ratios between retail and upgrade price differentials drops dramatically in transitions between higher-level packages (from Gold to Platinum, for instance, retail/upgrade prices are different by 20% and 30%, respectively; moving from Platinum to Portfolio, however, produces another significant difference - 155% v. 190%). But in a move from Scholar's to any of the higher packages, upgrade price percentage increases are twice those in retail value.

Is this common? reasonable? to be expected?

Thanks,

Bill

Posts 29910
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 18 2011 11:31 AM

Bill - 

Your math required more fingers than I have on my two hands. Sorry! Smile 

My suggestion to you is to call and speak with a sales rep, rather than upgrading online. If no one has any advice for you here before you are ready to buy, you can ask these questions to him/her.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 18 2011 11:43 AM

When I did my sums, my special personalised upgrade price from Scholars to Platinum was approximately the difference between retail price of scholars and Platinum minus 10%.  As there was 10% off anyway on the price for that upgrade, I felt the description of this as a special personalised price for me smacked more of salesmanship than straightforwardness. I was rather disappointed with Logos about this.

My sales rep kindly gave me a further discount when I asked him, despite my having declined several of the previous offers he took the trouble to make for me.  I appreciated his helpfulness and his patience. Yet I find it sad that I needed to contact a sales rep to get an improvement on what claimed to be my special personalised price.  And it's very hard on those who don't know a sales rep can often get the price down.  I've been caught out this way myself in the past.  I wish Logos would make it clear that you may get a better deal through a sales rep.  If you get through to the right people, I have found them invariably helpful and fair.  But you have to know to do it.

This sounds more negative than it should.  In general I much appreciate LOgos, so maybe I'm unreasonably disappointed with the little glitches that fall short of their usual standard. 

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 18 2011 12:31 PM

alabama24:
My suggestion to you is to call and speak with a sales rep, rather than upgrading online. If no one has any advice for you here before you are ready to buy, you can ask these questions to him/her.

nicky crane:
My sales rep kindly gave me a further discount when I asked him, despite my having declined several of the previous offers he took the trouble to make for me.  I appreciated his helpfulness and his patience. Yet I find it sad that I needed to contact a sales rep to get an improvement on what claimed to be my special personalised price.  And it's very hard on those who don't know a sales rep can often get the price down.  I've been caught out this way myself in the past.  I wish Logos would make it clear that you may get a better deal through a sales rep.  If you get through to the right people, I have found them invariably helpful and fair.  But you have to know to do it.

Keep in mind too, that this isn't always the case.  I'm sure there are lots of factors and that we aren't privy to the "formula" used (how long you've been a customer, how much you've spent previously, etc or whatever the case may be)...but when I contacted sales about upgrading to Platinum yesterday, I was offered the exact same price that is available to me online through the upgrade discounter.  For reference, I've spent almost $4,000 in the last 20 months, though I purposely haven't bought anything that is available in Platinum as I always planned on upgrading.  I'm not complaining or anything, just trying to temper expectations that calling/e-mailing sales will always get you a better price.

Posts 12153
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 18 2011 1:45 PM

Ron Keyston Jr:
I'm not complaining or anything, just trying to temper expectations that calling/e-mailing sales will always get you a better price.
Ron Keyston Jr:
Keep in mind too, that this isn't always the case. 

I can confirm that.

Ron Keyston Jr:
when I contacted sales about upgrading to Platinum yesterday, I was offered the exact same price that is available to me online through the upgrade discounter.  For reference, I've spent almost $4,000 in the last 20 months, though I purposely haven't bought anything that is available in Platinum as I always planned on upgrading.

My understanding from reading in the forums was, that the "personal" discount at least factors in  the amount of  money you spent on resources that are in the package anyway and that you would "buy again" so to speak. 

But there may be lots of other factors we don't know of.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS