Only problem after Installing L4

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2047
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 10:26 AM

I love the layout and many of the new features in L4.

The only problem is with the audio. If I try to use the audio in the Van TIl library or Hebrew Primer, I get no sound. I do get sound in the pronounication of Greek words in the exegetical guide.

Any suggestions?

Posts 2047
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 10:30 AM

I forgot to mention I had no problem with these in L3.

Posts 1735
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 10:47 AM

Audio and video resources will be supported in a future release in 2Q 2010.

http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Basic, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 10:52 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:

I love the layout and many of the new features in L4.

The only problem is with the audio. If I try to use the audio in the Van TIl library or Hebrew Primer, I get no sound. I do get sound in the pronounication of Greek words in the exegetical guide.

Any suggestions?

Kenneth,

The Logos 4 version of the First Hebrew Primer needs to be rebuilt. An earlier version does work. The updated version should be available soon and will be downloaded automatically. I'll update this thread when it is available. I'll have to check into the Van Til library.

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 3
Chris Evangelista | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 3:03 PM

Hi there. I was wondering if this problem has been resolved? I still don't get audio with my First Hebrew Primer.

Thanks,

Chris

Posts 2401
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 3:18 PM

I have the Van Til audio and it works fine.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 8:31 AM

Chris Evangelista:

Hi there. I was wondering if this problem has been resolved? I still don't get audio with my First Hebrew Primer.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

The updated resource is available now. When you open The First Hebrew Primer, click on the resource info icon on its toolbar and look at the Support Info at the bottom. Is the version "2009-11-05T19:37:28Z"?  If it's older, check for updates: 1) Close the resource. 2) Click into the Command box on the main toolbar. 3) Type update resources and press Enter.

If it's current, does the Audio bar appear on the main toolbar (next to Layouts) when you click on one of the asterisks in the text?

Melissa

Posts 2047
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 10:38 AM

Melissa Snyder:

Chris Evangelista:

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

The updated resource is available now. When you open The First Hebrew Primer, click on the resource info icon on its toolbar and look at the Support Info at the bottom. Is the version "2009-11-05T19:37:28Z"?  If it's older, check for updates: 1) Close the resource. 2) Click into the Command box on the main toolbar. 3) Type update resources and press Enter.

If it's current, does the Audio bar appear on the main toolbar (next to Layouts) when you click on one of the asterisks in the text?

Melissa

Melissa,

I am up to date with the support info listed above, but Hebrew Primer will not work in L4.  The audor bar does appear, but no sound plays. This is on the same computer with L3 installed and it works in L3.  The same thing applies to the Van Til audio library and the hymn files. They play in L3 but not in L4.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:16 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:
I am up to date with the support info listed above, but Hebrew Primer will not work in L4.  The audor bar does appear, but no sound plays. This is on the same computer with L3 installed and it works in L3.  The same thing applies to the Van Til audio library and the hymn files. They play in L3 but not in L4

Do you have sound when using the Read Aloud feature?  If you have Play Sounds enabled in Program Settings, does the startup music play when you open the program? (Play Sounds doesn't have to be enabled for audio resources to work correctly.)

Melissa

Posts 2047
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:29 AM

Melissa Snyder:

Kenneth Neighoff:
I am up to date with the support info listed above, but Hebrew Primer will not work in L4.  The audor bar does appear, but no sound plays. This is on the same computer with L3 installed and it works in L3.  The same thing applies to the Van Til audio library and the hymn files. They play in L3 but not in L4

Do you have sound when using the Read Aloud feature?  If you have Play Sounds enabled in Program Settings, does the startup music play when you open the program? (Play Sounds doesn't have to be enabled for audio resources to work correctly.)

Melissa

Melissa,

Yes, I have sound on startup and the real aloud feature works.

Posts 21
Tom Weil | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:36 AM

The audio portion of the Hebrew is very delicate so do not turn the volume up. Everytime they pronounce "chai" your screen needs to be wiped clean. L'chaim!

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:37 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:

Let's get a log file to see if it will tell us why sound isn't playing just in these audio resources. To enable logging, close Logos 4, then hold the Ctrl key down when you restart the program, keeping it held down until the Sign In window appears. Click on Sign In to enable logging for this session only. Open the First Hebrew Primer and click on an asterisk to bring up the Audio bar next to Layouts. Assuming there is still no sound, close Logos 4 to disable logging, and attach the resulting Logos4.log file, found in \Documents\Logos Log Files, to this forum thread.

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 2047
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:46 AM

Melissa Snyder:

Kenneth Neighoff:

Let's get a log file to see if it will tell us why sound isn't playing just in these audio resources. To enable logging, close Logos 4, then hold the Ctrl key down when you restart the program, keeping it held down until the Sign In window appears. Click on Sign In to enable logging for this session only. Open the First Hebrew Primer and click on an asterisk to bring up the Audio bar next to Layouts. Assuming there is still no sound, close Logos 4 to disable logging, and attach the resulting Logos4.log file, found in \Documents\Logos Log Files, to this forum thread.

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:51 PM

Thanks for the log. I've reported the problem.

Update:  Kenneth ~ Additional logging for this issue has been included in the 4.0b beta. If you are still having this problem in Beta 3, could you generate a new log file?

2nd Update:  Updating Windows Media Player has resolved the problem where the audio bar comes up, but there is no sound or progress on the bar.

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 3
Chris Evangelista | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 8:11 AM

Hi there. I wanted to mention that this problem has been resolved. When I did your suggestion: typing update resources in the command bar, it actually didn't update anything. I guess it's because I have it set to download updates automatically anyway. So I ended up doing a clean re-install on my laptop (running XP) and a "Repair" installation on my desktop (running Windows 7).

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS