Multiple Default Bibles

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 23
Curtis M | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 18 2011 10:35 PM

Hey! I am a Greek student and often when reading the NT I come across a word that is giving me difficulty.  My solution is to open up Logos and use the tools associated with one of my electronic Greek NTs.  My default Bible is the ESV.  I don't want to change that because I am  not always reading in Greek.  So to get to my Greek NT, I type the passage into the command box.  It takes me to the passage in the ESV.  I then have to click to open a New Tab.  Even though I have Greek Bibles prioritized, there is no thumbnail icon for any of them, so I then have to scroll through the list till I find one.  I find this process cumbersome and time consuming.  What I would like to have happen is that when I type a passage in the command box, it opens in the ESV, but in the same window have a tab with my Greek Bible already loaded to that same passage.  All I would have to do is click that tab.  There are other situations that this would be handy as well, such as quickly comparing translations.  Is there someway to do this?  I use to have this feature in E-sword and miss it quite a bit.

Thanks!

Posts 56
AA7163 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 18 2011 10:48 PM

Someone might have a way to do exactly what you are looking for, but there are a few options.  One is to create a shortcut to the resource you want (ie: NA27) by dragging an open tab up to the bar next to the command box.  Option two is to create and save a layout designed for Greek study.  One with a greek bible, english bible, a couple lexicons if you want, maybe even multiple english translations, ect.  This way the appropriate resources are linked and each panel is sized the way you want.  I personally use both options for my Greek study.  I almost never start anything I do by typing in the passage I want, I almost always open the resources I want to use or do a search.

Posts 26746
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 18 2011 11:29 PM

1. Create a layout that has the ESV in one pane.

2. Open your Greek Bible of choice.

3. Make a link-set between the ESV and the Greek Bible

4. Move the Greek Bible into the same pane as the ESV if it is not already there.

5. Make the remainder of your layout whatever you want.

6. Name and save the layout.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 19 2011 9:09 AM

Option: can prioritize favorite Greek resource for right click option to open Greek to selected Bible reference.  My top 5 prioritized "Bibles" has couple English Bibles, couple commentaries, and preferred original language resources (Greek and Hebrew):

Right click on a Bible verse, click selection, click one of 5 resources that has Bible reference.

Note: pre-publication Lexham Discourse Hebrew Bible Bundle (6 vols.) still gathering interest (would become my top prioritized Hebrew resource).

Observation: United Bible Society Handbooks (included in Scholar's Gold and above) provide translation insights.  Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament has Greek text with discourse markings, including Emphasis.  Wiki has => Logos Resource Reviews

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 23
Curtis M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2011 8:58 AM

Hey guys!  Thanks for the ideas.  I am going to try several of your suggestions.  I think they will work out fine.

Maranatha!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS