When is this thing going to be ready?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 10
Joshua Claycamp | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 19 2011 12:17 PM

Hello all,

I'm with a church plant in Canada, and we really need this software. Any idea on when we can get a copy? What's the projected release date?

Thanks!

Josh Claycamp

Posts 159
Matthew Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2011 2:27 PM

Hello Josh.

We will release a Beta version on 10/11/11

Posts 1
Steven Beardsley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2011 1:27 PM

How do we get in on the beta?

Posts 5619
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2011 1:30 PM

Steven Beardsley:

How do we get in on the beta?

Did you read today's blog entry? 

http://blog.logos.com/2011/09/get-proclaim-free-through-the-end-of-the-year/

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 251
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2011 4:35 PM

Maybe I've missed it but what is the cost going to be? I don't want to try something if I can't afford it.

Posts 61
Jason | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2011 2:51 PM

James Alexander:

Maybe I've missed it but what is the cost going to be? I don't want to try something if I can't afford it.

The initial release is free.  see previous post for link

How to ask for help for Logos issues.

Posts 251
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2011 6:54 PM

I know that the initial release is free, but my point is I don't want to try something, for free, and then not be able to afford it in the future.

Posts 3733
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2011 8:50 PM

James Alexander:

I know that the initial release is free, but my point is I don't want to try something, for free, and then not be able to afford it in the future.

Hi James,

So far, we've been repeatedly assured that it'll be "competitive"... I'd point to the intial release as evidence: the most competitive worship software vendors also offers a free trial...

I'd focus more on your needs & the functionality it offers, same as I'd counsel you if you were looking at competitors. Otherwise, if you don't get a good fit, you'll be looking again in a few years no matter what you get.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 15
Kevin Huntsinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2011 9:05 PM

Listen.. The bottom line is James is correct.  

It really doesn't matter to me/us on functionality if we can't afford it in the first place.  It gets rather tiresome to most of us when we get strung along for quite sometime on a bread trail with no idea as to what this may set us back on a product that will be useless if our internet goes out............................Just sayin.

Yes, some could point out that... well if the power goes out then what?  We move on.. I get it, I really do but that doesn't answer the question about cost which in todays settings is crucial to whether we should waste our time or not on Proclaim.  Our church is a good example.. We have 70 people on a good Sunday and we struggle constantly with being able to pay our rent... If this is going to cost too much we would really like to know now. Thanks for listening.

Posts 3733
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2011 11:40 AM

Kevin Huntsinger:
It really doesn't matter to me/us on functionality if we can't afford it in the first place.

You're right that price is an issue. However, since I haven't yet found Logos to be untruthful, I trust that it'll be competitive with other high end products that are its main competitors. If you can afford them, assume you could afford Logos. If you're looking for a cheap tool, their pricing model for their software doesn't lead me to expect you'll be happy when they announce their pricing schema. They're not cheap Bible software. They're worth it, but it isn't cheap.

So for me, of much greater concern is the dependence on the network that's baked into it as a design feature for collaboration (the upside). That's why I suggested you carefully examine whether it'll meet your needs. I'm finding it to be pretty intuitive (for the most part), powerful (in many respects) & very capable. However, even though we have wireless in the church now that even reaches the AV booth, we have no plan to connect our AV laptop to the internet. Ever. That makes Proclaim's use problemmatic to us. YMMV. Check it out...

Many blessings on your decisions!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 116
Transcend Church | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 23 2011 2:46 PM

All,

I think everyone is right here - I'm a hard line middle of the road guy!  However, dont feel lead allong, come back when pricing is avaialbe and dont mess with the triall untill it's available if your budget is so tight you are concerned that you cannot afford it.  You're NOT forced to participate in the free trial - be patient folks. 

Logos is taking a risk with a new product, they're doing a great job of advertising it!  I'm glad that they're doing all this if they didn't build a buzz I'd never have heard of it.

Proverbs 15:18

With respect to reliability I'm hoping it's a more web-enabled smart client in the browser over a true web enablement.  My $.02 -

Grace and peace,

John Weathersby

www.transcendchurch.org

John Weathersby

Harrisburg, PA.

www.transcendchurch.org

Posts 251
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 23 2011 2:54 PM

Hi all,

Just to clarify where I'm coming from. I don't feel like I've been led along. I trust LOGOS to have a competitively priced product, but being competitive doesn't mean my church will be able to afford it. I will not get involved in looking at or trying the software until I know that my church can afford it, so I remain curious about the price, but will continue waiting.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2011 2:28 AM

Reading contest rules for => http://blog.logos.com/2011/09/win-an-iphone-5-or-proclaim-free-for-a-year/ appears Proclaim retail pricing is $ 200 per year (no idea about potential promotional pricing).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS