PB macros for Word 2010 & 2007

Page 5 of 6 (107 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 106 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 148
James William Roberts, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 8 2015 10:45 AM

This is not really a reply, but a question. I could not find where to post a new thought.

I am using the macros in Word 2013. Most of the time no problem. But lately I have been running into a problem with the next page macro where it stops on page 3 and will not go further. No problem is a small document but if it is a large one it is not feasible to hand add each page # so PBB sees it as a page #.

Can someone advise what is the problem?

Thanks.

https://sites.google.com/a/oldpaths.org.uk/oldpaths-the-sword-of-the-spiritthe-word-of-god--eph-617b/personal-books/jamesroberts-docx

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 11:07 AM

i have placed the most recent files for L4Macros on my host server (links are below). These were build in Oct 27, 2012.

1. L4_PB Macros.dotm   (the actual macro file to be used with Word)

2. L4_PB_Macro_Tab.exportedUI   (the UI [user interface] file which you use to add the ribbon tools to Word)
     (right-click on this link and use SAVE LINK AS to download this file)
    (Read the Adding the macros to Word PDF, if you already have Add-ins in Word, doing this could destroy those Add-ins!!!)

3. Adding the macros to Word.pdf     (older doc which shows you the steps to installing the macros into Word)

4. L4 PB Macro Template Information.pdf   (older doc which tells you how to use the macros [limited, it doesn't teach you how each PBB tools works, see the forum wiki page for this or ask questions on the forum)

Or here is the zipped file:   L4_PB_Macro_Tab (Oct 27, 2012).zip

Did this after helping a forum member get the macros running on Office 2016

In the above reply (see Edit2 in that reply), i gave instruction on adding a Devotional macro to the L4 Macros ribbon. (that macro was already in the old macro file that i built, but wasn't added because i had not updated the User Manual (which is still not update)).

There are so few responses about my macros that i have not further supported new changes.

P.S.

If you want your L4 Macros tab always visible in all Word documents then save the template file L4_PB Macros.dotm in the folder:C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP
This saves you from having to check the checkbox for this template every time you open a Word document to get the macros working after opening that document.

If you have already placed the macro file in C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates, then you will need to delete this macro file (L4_PB Macros.dotm).

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 2564
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 2:26 PM

steve clark:
There are so few responses about my macros that i have not further supported new changes.

That's disappointing, but I may know a reason.

If someone who can use these macros could post a short instructional video of using them in a Word doc, I think a LOT more folks would jump on the option. I remember installing them back in about 2012, and I struggled to know how to use them, and kind of gave up after I updated to office 2010 (yea, I'm slow) later that year.

I don't think I know them well enough to make a video, but if someone would do that, and post a link on this thread, these might take off again. I certainly see no less interest in the PB feature from users, and these ideally make that process faster and easier.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 148
James William Roberts, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 10:18 AM

I love the next page macro. But now it seems to have disappeared and when I delete and add the logos 4 macros it is not there.

What did I do?  HELP!!!

https://sites.google.com/a/oldpaths.org.uk/oldpaths-the-sword-of-the-spiritthe-word-of-god--eph-617b/personal-books/jamesroberts-docx

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 12 2016 7:43 AM

Hi James,

James William Roberts, Jr.:

I love the next page macro. But now it seems to have disappeared and when I delete and add the logos 4 macros it is not there.
What did I do?  HELP!!!

the Logos4 macros that i built does not have a Next Page macro. So i am guessing that you got it from somewhere else. Perhaps you can email me and i can more clearly understand your problem. (admin [AT] clark-tx [DOT] net)

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2016 8:53 AM

Hey Steve

thanks a Lot for your Work. It works fine...but I just can save it as docx.

If I save it as dotm the Makros disapear. I also would love to have it in my normal.dot File but this also dit not work. Sascha

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2016 9:19 AM

If I open another Dokument it looks like this...no Makros

Posts 1693
Gao Lu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2016 2:29 PM

This is for Word 2010.

Assumptions:  

1. You have the L4 macro dotm in a trusted location  [Trust Center | Trust Center Settings | Trusted Locations]  (not sure how important this is)

2. You have the Developer tab enabled. [File | Options | Customize Ribbon --> Add "Developer"]

Then you can add the macros as indicated below.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2016 6:00 PM

Sascha,

Gao's instructions should work.

Or did you try the instruction on this post above (the P.S. section), it should also keep the macros visible.

Posts 148
James William Roberts, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2016 8:42 PM

I found the problem. I had to uninstall and reinstall the NewMacros macro.  It is in there.

It makes it easy to paginate an entire document in minutes depending on the speed of your pc, RAM, etc.

Thanks.

Bro. James

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2016 10:34 PM

thanks Steve and Gao now it works :-)

Sascha

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2016 11:25 PM

Hi Steve

I post it into the German Forum. I think one Problem of the "None" Interrested is simply that, like me, no one knows about it.

Thanks for your Great Work

Posts 2564
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 5:52 PM

With regret I'm posting this link to another thread from Steve's son, Josh.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/127178.aspx?PageIndex=1

Steve contributed a tremendous amount to the Logos community and will be greatly missed. This particular thread, which has been active for more than five years, is prime evidence of his valued input. He is someone with whom I'd like to have visited over a cup of coffee.

Please pray for his family.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 148
James William Roberts, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 7 2017 12:15 PM

Are you the one who did the NewMacros also. I have had them disappear on me again after my computer died and I had to rebuilt from scratch as it were.

I miss this macro. It is very beneficial, at least to me.

It has a next page macro that will number your whole document in minutes.

Someone PLEASE HELP!!!!

Posts 2628
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 7 2017 12:45 PM

Here's my current macro collection, the IMAGES ones are under construction
- their use may vary:
No GUI like Steve's the one you are referring to I believe is was modified by myself from the original in my macros is called: TOC_SET_PAGENUMBERS.

4722.NewMacros.zip

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 1
William Burton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 8:05 AM

Please be careful when you download and use Word documents containing macros. Cybercriminals use macros to install malware and ransomware on victims computers https://malwareless.com/word-doc-file-spreads-malware-attacking-windows-os-mac-os-x/

Posts 2564
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 2:26 PM

James William Roberts, Jr.:
Are you the one who did the NewMacros also.

James,

Did you click on the link in my post above yours?

Steve isn't going to answer.

Posts 2564
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 2:27 PM

William Burton:
Please be careful when you download and use Word documents containing macros.

Steve's macros have been, and are being, used safely by a lot of folks. He's not a cybercriminal.

Posts 1354
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 3:03 PM

Doc B:
He's not a cybercriminal.
He was not a cybercriminal, now he is with Jesus, and his forum contributions are certainly missed.

Logos 7.15  | Dell Inspiron | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPad Air | iPhone 7plus 5.7.2

Posts 2628
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 25 2017 2:52 AM

The one I posted is a plain text file with a .bas extension, just open it with notepad, and you will see there's nothing scary

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Page 5 of 6 (107 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS