Qn. re: purchase of WBC

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2011 8:38 PM

Bill Coley:
Is it also legal/legitimate to make such an international transaction? And acceptable to the folks at Logos?

I don't think it is illegal...but I am a novice to Logos...if anyone can give a reason why Logos would be upset, then I suppose we should respect them and not.  Please, I was only offering to help folks out...not to break any rules...just to get the best deal (legitimatley) Smile

Posts 185
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2011 11:23 PM

Is Mebin:
I don't think it is illegal...but I am a novice to Logos...if anyone can give a reason why Logos would be upset, then I suppose we should respect them and not.  Please, I was only offering to help folks out...not to break any rules...just to get the best deal (legitimatley) Smile

I want to be clear that not for an instant do I think that by your offer you're trying to circumvent rules or to do anything else untoward or inappropriate. I am delighted to read your offer and am excited by the possibility of such remarkable savings. The point of my question was really about whether software registration keys are nation-specific, whether the perfectly legal keys attached to software in your country may be used (when purchased legitimately, as you propose to do) by residents of other nations. I intended no critique of your intentions whatsoever.

Thanks again. If I get a bit more clarity on the issue I describe - and convince my wife (!) - I may ask you to contact me by e-mail.

Blessings,

Bill

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2011 11:33 PM

Observation: Logos Forum Guidelines => Forum Guidelines include:

4. Please do not use our forums to

• sell or give away anything or link to anything you’re selling or giving away—including Logos products
  • promote or link to competitors
  • point people to other places that sell Logos-compatible products
  • advertise yourself, your business, your ministry, your website, etc. (a tasteful link in your forum signature is acceptable)
  • post Logos Coupon Codes. If you are aware of a special promotion Logos is running online, you are welcome to link directly to the promotion.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2011 7:36 AM

Well KS4J...I am not sure that any of those points matter in this case except #3...

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
  • point people to other places that sell Logos-compatible products
  • Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
    Please do not use our forums to

So far then, what I have done wrong is mention a bookstore selling L3 products...I am sorry...I will never do it again.

However, I can't see a guideline suggesting that simply buying a product key for someone esle and e-mailing it to them (without profit)...is against the guidelines.

Questions:  1.  Why wasn't these guidelines highlighted to me at the start of this thread...would have been more practicable!

2.  Does Logos really miss out, I mean whatever chain/retailer who sells L3 products  would have to have bought it from a supplier...and Logos would get their share.

Okay, now I feel foolish...I was just trying to do a good deed.  Sorry for those who got their hopes up, but at the risk of being shunned by the MVP community, or anaethemetized by moderators of this site, I have to graciously decline my offer.

Posts 73
    Matthew Godwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2011 8:51 AM

Hi

Don't worry about it at all.  Thanks for your kind offer!

Keep posting

Matt

Posts 2855
    Forum MVP
    Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2011 9:06 AM

Is Mebin:
    Okay, now I feel foolish...I was just trying to do a good deed.  Sorry for those who got their hopes up, but at the risk of being shunned by the MVP community, or anaethemetized by moderators of this site, I have to graciously decline my offer.

No one is shunning you at least not me. A gentle reminder is all that is needed. MVP posting here & swamping this thread with the same point would be OT. Beside since you were not aware of the forum rules and your heart was in the right place, i'd say one MVP drawing it to your attention is sufficient. Now you know for future reference.

Blessings

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 185
    Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2011 10:50 AM

Is Mebin:

I consider you to be generous, not foolish. Thank you for your offer. Your rescinding the offer may have saved me a negotiation session with my wife over another Logos purchase.....Darn you!! Big Smile

Bill

Posts 452
    Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2011 4:44 PM

Thank you all for your kindness....believe me, I really was just trying to help.  These forums are really my only fellowship with other Christians that I have so I would be severely wounded if I got a bad name on here.  I check what people are discussing here a few times a day, usually more than actually using the program...lol! 

It's funny how you can feel close to people that you are only interacting with in this way, with nothing personal (usually), maybe a sign of our age.

I mean, I would even miss the smiley faces of KS4J even with the disjointed sentences that read like a monotone data read out...lol!

God bless you all.  I appreciate you so much Embarrassed

Posts 15805
    Forum MVP
    Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2011 1:10 AM

Is Mebin:

Thank you all for your kindness....believe me, I really was just trying to help.  These forums are really my only fellowship with other Christians that I have so I would be severely wounded if I got a bad name on here.  I check what people are discussing here a few times a day, usually more than actually using the program...lol! 

It's funny how you can feel close to people that you are only interacting with in this way, with nothing personal (usually), maybe a sign of our age.

I mean, I would even miss the smiley faces of KS4J even with the disjointed sentences that read like a monotone data read out...lol!

God bless you all.  I appreciate you so much Embarrassed

Likewise understand desire for kindness and enjoy fellowship on forums.  Also want to respect guidelines from Logos for forum discussion.

Am aware of other discussion possibilities: e.g. Still Truth has some "Great Finds" forum threads.

Apologies for monotone and being disjointed. Embarrassed

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS