BUG: Read Aloud Crash

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 23 2011 3:18 PM

As discovered by another forum user HERE, the "read aloud" feature crashes Logos in the ESV when it arrives at Mark 16:9. I can replicate this issue. It does not appear to happen in the NIV.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 5:36 PM

I've reproduced the crash on my Mac, which has Lion installed on it and is running a post -4.3 build; but on another machine (a test machine running Leopard) the 4.3 SR-2 version of the program does not crash in that spot.  It simply skips over verse 9 and goes right on to verse 10.  Of course, I'm not sure whether that's due to a difference in Leopard or the SR-2 update.

Either way, crash or skipping, there's an issue there which I'll report.  But I'd be interested to know what happens on your system when you get updated to SR-2. Smile

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2011 10:14 AM

I've had Melissa test this on her Mac too (she has Snow Leopard on hers) and it skips verse 9 rather than crashing too.

I thought I remembered that you are running Snow Leopard too, Alabama.  Is that correct?

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2011 10:23 AM

I am now running Lion. The original poster (John) is also running Lion. I guess when it comes to "read aloud," it doesn't ROAR, but whimper Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2011 2:13 PM

Stick out tongue

I found the issue is also present in the NET Bible, which I reported along with our other findings.  Thanks for the 'update'. Wink

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 3:48 PM

This issue will be fixed in 5.0a Release Candidate 1 and 4.6b Beta 1 for beta users, and in general when 5.0a and 4.6b ship to the stable channel.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS