Question about PBB Distribution

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27
Brandon Vaughn | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 23 2011 7:03 PM

I had a question about PBB that I can't find on the Logos site.

Is it possible to sell books created in PBB?  I am not thinking about myself, but there are some resources I would love to see pushed into Logos (yes, I've tried using Suggestions with Logos).  I am curious if they are willing to convert their resources into Logos if they could sell this or not.  (I am asking Orthodox resources (among others) which is sadly lacking in Logos).

I realize that there isn't the level of security with PBB like regular Logos books.

Blessings,

Brandon

Posts 27686
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 7:22 PM

Brandon Vaughn:
Is it possible to sell books created in PBB?

It depends by what you mean "is it possible." Currently the only supported way to get a PB into Logos is by compiling the book on each computer. You would have to sell a .docx file. Is is possible: yes. Is it practical: right now, no.

In the future, Logos looks to have some way of sharing (maybe selling?) PB's, but we do not have any info on that right now. 

I would also remind you that you would have to own the copyright to sell any resource.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27
Brandon Vaughn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 7:44 PM

Thanks for the info!

I'm not looking to selling anything, so copyright isn't an issue with this.  The people I'm talking to own their own copyrights, but I'm sure they are going to want to know if they can sell their own resources or not.

Blessings,
Brandon

Posts 27686
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 7:50 PM

Based on what you have shared, I think the best plan is to wait and see what Logos does with PBB sharing. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS