Arminian Theological Studies Collection

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33
Skycaptain50 | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 24 2011 11:51 AM

Is Logos EVER going to finish with this product? I've had it ordered since April, and since then I've seen other, much larger Free Will Baptist materials shipped, but for some reason this one seems lost in limbo. Is there any chance it will make it to customers before the end of the year?Just asking.

Posts 3916
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2011 12:17 PM

yeah, it sucks when you want a product badly~!  I know, I am there a LOT!  I don't have any info on when it will be published, but I am almost 99.9% certain it will be published.  It is already "under development."  That's good news.  What book(s) are you most interested in?  What is your high interest in it related to (a project?)

Dan

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 33
Skycaptain50 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2011 2:55 PM

Hello Dan! Thanks for responding. I am a Free Will Baptist pastor who graduated from the college Mr. Forlines, Mr. Picirilli, and Mr. Pinson teach at. The hardback versions of these books interest me as far as staying up on our theology, but the hardback books are in such tiny type my 50 year old eyes can hardly read them. I'm looking forward to being able to read them and study them easier on my laptop and iPad. Add to that a dose of impatience, and I guess that explains it all. How about you? Are these books you are interested in, or are you showing a little compassion to an old man?

Posts 3916
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2011 3:58 PM

Mike Crews:
 Hello Dan! Thanks for responding. I am a Free Will Baptist pastor who graduated from the college Mr. Forlines, Mr. Picirilli, and Mr. Pinson teach at. The hardback versions of these books interest me as far as staying up on our theology, but the hardback books are in such tiny type my 50 year old eyes can hardly read them. I'm looking forward to being able to read them and study them easier on my laptop and iPad. Add to that a dose of impatience, and I guess that explains it all. How about you? Are these books you are interested in, or are you showing a little compassion to an old man?

I have a couple of them (Picirilli, for one) in hardback.  I have only read in them, but the subject is interesting (if not frustrating, all the nuances).  Picirilli really caught my eye.  I agree, being about to read in large print is a great thing about Logos.

As for the pre-pubs, I have no insider knowledge.  I just trust they try to get them out as quickly as they can, and that they have prioritization of which get sent out first.  But I am really "with you"--I have had some books I wanted that just seemed like they couldn't get published fast enough.  But that they are "under development" and not "gathering interest" bodes well.  And it is not a huge set, as you point out.

All the best to you! 

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 64
Aaron Baldridge | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2011 6:47 PM

Mike,

I am anxiously awaiting too. It is exciting that Randall House has entered into this agreement with Logos. It will be soon hopefully. Where do you pastor? I pastor Calvary Free Will Baptist Church in Columbus, Georgia.

Aaron

Posts 1359
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2011 8:48 PM

Mike Crews:

Is Logos EVER going to finish with this product? I've had it ordered since April, and since then I've seen other, much larger Free Will Baptist materials shipped, but for some reason this one seems lost in limbo. Is there any chance it will make it to customers before the end of the year?Just asking.

Mike,

I was thrilled to see the RH titles on the pre-pub list in April. I immediately ordered all the titles.

I was amazed at how quickly they received enough orders to begin production. It seemed like the RH Commentary was out in record time. Most titles take much longer in Logos to reach delivery. Some take a year or longer.

Did you know that Logos also has Pic's book on Paul available?  http://www.logos.com/product/7435/paul-the-apostle

They also have Pinson's book on Worship (individually or in a collection)  http://www.logos.com/product/7689/perspectives-on-christian-worship-five-views

Posts 12105
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2011 11:26 PM

Just to chime in: 

Mike Crews:

I've had it ordered since April, and since then I've seen other, much larger Free Will Baptist materials shipped, but for some reason this one seems lost in limbo. Is there any chance it will make it to customers before the end of the year?Just asking.

It seems, Logos got much faster in the last months from putting pre-pubs "in development" until shipment. And the other RH pre-pubs were really fast - thus I think, the chances are good for delivery within 2011 (but we don't know for sure).

Edwin Bowden:
I was thrilled to see the RH titles on the pre-pub list in April. I immediately ordered all the titles.

*Sigh* - I was thrilled as well, but couldn't get myself ordering all of them. I ended up letting the commentaries and the bible study set pass by (having Romans from both of them in paper) and ordering the theology set (where I have three of them in paper), since I figured this might be the most useful in Logos

Edwin Bowden:
Did you know that Logos also has Pic's book on Paul available?

Nice tip, I didn't even know it existed! Thanks!

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1359
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2011 5:34 AM

NewbieMick:
I ended up letting the commentaries and the bible study set pass by (having Romans from both of them in paper) and ordering the theology set (where I have three of them in paper), since I figured this might be the most useful in Logos

I saved $63 by ordering the RH set on pre-pub.

Since the posters on this topic have something in common, it might be good to stay in contact. I have known Aaron for some time through other forums.

I live in KC. Worked at the OK FWB bookstore in the 70's. Managed the MO FWB bookstore for 7 yrs. Was publishers' rep to bookstores for 12 yrs.

P.S.

I just noticed that Logos has posted the release date for Sept. on a pre-pub title that I ordered over 11 months ago.

Posts 33
Skycaptain50 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2011 3:59 PM

Hello Aaron! Sorry I didn't reply earlier to your post. I haven't checked the forum in several weeks, so I just saw your post. I pastor Gray's Chapel FWB near  Florence, AL but I am originally from South GA--Waycross, GA. I knew Willie Martin from down Columbus way while I pastored in GA. Nice to see another FWB pastor who uses Logos. I've been using it for the past 10 years and it has been one of the best tools for ministry I own. Being able to use it on the Ipad has been a real blessing and I can't wait to be able to read the Forlines and Picirilli books there. Do you have the Sermon File Add-in for Logos 3? That's a pretty useful tool as well.

Again, I apologize for not responding sooner. Hope to stay in touch! God Bless!

mike crews

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2011 4:44 PM

Edwin Bowden:
Worked at the OK FWB bookstore in the 70's

Edwin, Was that the FWB Bookstore on South Walker in OKC?

I bought all our VBS material there, as well as many of my personal books. Good stuff.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1359
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 30 2011 1:07 PM

Super Tramp, I missed this post earlier.

Yes. That is the store. Ray Martin, my father-in-law, managed the store for 16 yrs. I worked there from 1971-1974.

We tried to have a good reference selection.

Posts 1359
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 30 2011 1:11 PM

The Arminian Theological Studies Collection is now scheduled to ship 11/16

http://www.logos.com/product/9429/arminian-theological-studies-collection

The FWB Studies Collection was delayed until 11/11

http://www.logos.com/product/9430/free-will-baptist-studies-collection

Posts 1359
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2011 7:23 PM

Close to release!

Posts 1359
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 7:15 AM

Releases tomorrow (11/16).