Suggestion: Greidanus

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 28762
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 28 2011 5:32 PM

We need the following in Logos:

Sidney Greidanus: Preaching Christ from the Old Testament: A Contemporary Hermeneutical Method

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2011 6:17 PM

MJ. Smith:

Sidney Greidanus: Preaching Christ from the Old Testament: A Contemporary Hermeneutical Method

Do you know anything about the author?  It seems to me that he might have been an instructor I had in Latin.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 28762
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2011 6:38 PM

Greidanus is a professor emeritus of preaching at Calvin Theological Seminary.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2011 6:48 PM

MJ. Smith:

Greidanus is a professor emeritus of preaching at Calvin Theological Seminary.

That must be him.  As I recall he was in seminary and working as a Latin instructor in the college at the time.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 11
Brandon Hirth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2012 12:47 PM

Yes

All of Sidney Greidanus' books about Preaching Christ would be a tremendous boon for Logos to include.  Preaching Christ from Genesis should be a must for all preachers

Posts 453
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:16 AM

Greidanus recently published another book I'd love to see in Logos: "Preaching Christ from Daniel: Foundations for Expository Sermons"

Posts 81
Aaron C. Fenlason | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 9:20 AM

Yes

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 28 2013 8:55 AM

Would also like to see: The Modern Preacher and the Ancient Text: Interpreting and Preaching Biblical Literature added to the list. It is on Amazon, but I think we would be well served to have this particular monograph integrated into Logos.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 28 2013 9:15 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:

Would also like to see: The Modern Preacher and the Ancient Text: Interpreting and Preaching Biblical Literature added to the list. It is on Amazon, but I think we would be well served to have this particular monograph integrated into Logos.

I took a brush-up Latin course with Greidanus at Calvin.  He was a seminary student at the time.  Since he has been emeritized, I assume that he is much older than I.  Wink

george
gfsomsel

Posts 1069
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 29 2013 7:10 AM

Yes to the whole thread.

Greidanus collection would definitely separate me from more dollars.

Posts 45
Darren Loechel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 5:42 PM

Yes, I also would like to get

Preaching Christ From The Old Testament

Sidney Greidanus

Posts 1286
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 13 2013 7:18 PM

MJ. Smith:

Yes

Posts 644
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 1:30 PM

Yes to anything by Greidanus. Would add his Preaching Christ from Ecclesiastes to the list.

Posts 644
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 7:05 AM

Greidanus is on his way

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS