Resources on Covenants

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 245
BriM | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 30 2011 1:15 AM

I have to do an essay on whether the various OT covenants are progressive revelation of a single covenant or more than one covenant.

I have Pink's Divine Covenants and a (paper) book by Horton on Covenant Theology.

Any suggestions for other resources I should read that offer other points of view, preferably in Logos format?

Posts 19
Locksmythe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2011 2:01 AM

The Messianic Bible Study Collection, by Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum, has an excellent resource that I've taught from many times. It's called "The Eight Covenants of the Bible." He has other material in his book entitled "Israelology."

Hope this helps.

George

Posts 885
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2011 5:43 AM

Kay Arthur's excellent study on Covenants.  She traces covenants throughout the Bible and examines the inter-relationships between them.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2011 6:05 AM

Meredith Kline has several articles in the Westminster Theological Journal.

Posts 27
Brandon Vaughn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2011 7:20 PM

The better resources, in my opinion, are not in Logos currently.  I would suggest some of the following:

Climax of the Covenant by N.T. Wright (very academic)

The Covenants of Promise by McComiskey

The Power of the Blood Covenant by Malcolm Smith (more pastoral, but one of the greatest books on covenant to me; he also has several audio teachings including a 12 hour series on the 7 Covenants of God.)

Posts 401
Sam West | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2011 1:57 AM

Brother Mark:

Kay Arthur's excellent study on Covenants.  She traces covenants throughout the Bible and examines the inter-relationships between them.

I second that

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS