Chafer Theological Seminary Journal 7:4 missing...

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 33 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 12:49 PM

Dominick Sela:

My method worked, I exited Logos, copied the correct file that Jerry posted into the Resources folder, started Logos, and (VERY IMPORTANT) typed Rebuild Index into the command box on the Home Page, After the full reindex, the resource is fine, and searching works too.  Don't know another way to accomplish this, as getting updates or scan will not work to bring in an older version.

Just to test I did an Update Resources to see if Logos would drop a newer version of the file on top of it, and it did not.

Kevin Taylor:

Thanks Dominick! I'm re-indexing now. Did not think of the issue of re-indexing to make this older file take.

Logos 4 certainly was not my idea!Wink Where can I locate the Resource folder to copy the file? Thanks

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 12:58 PM

Ted Hans:
Where can I locate the Resource folder to copy the file? Thanks

Operating System Logos 4 Resources Path

Windows 7 & Vista C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\random\ResourceManager\Resources

Windows XP C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Data\random\ResourceManager\Resources

Mac OS X /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/random/ResourceManager/Resources

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 1:03 PM

LOL...  Here are the paths:

http://wiki.logos.com/Installation_and_Indexing_FAQ$27s

Logos 5, Windows & Android perfect together....

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 1:03 PM

Many thanks Dominick/ Kevin. Blessings

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 2:13 PM

Did not work for me.... The file updated after spending a few hours re-indexing LOL

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 2:32 PM

Kevin Taylor:

Did not work for me.... The file updated after spending a few hours re-indexing LOL

Just about to enter rebuild index when I saw your post. I am sure glad for the info/updateSmile.

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 2:40 PM

Seems to have worked for Dominick but it failed for me as it updated right back to the newer file.  Ted, maybe you will get the successful result.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 4:13 PM

Kevin Taylor:

Seems to have worked for Dominick but it failed for me as it updated right back to the newer file.  Ted, maybe you will get the successful result.

Are you saying after you copied the file into your Resources folder, and Reindexed via Rebuild Index, an update came down and replaced the file? Did you do it specifically in this order? Odd. I actually just got a new resource update today, and I just checked I still have all 4 sections of Volume 7 still.

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 4:32 PM

Correct... that was my exact order.  Don't know what happened.

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2011 11:18 AM

Kevin Taylor:

Same result here, no joy on my partSad. Sorry to be the carrier of bad news.

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2011 11:23 AM

Ted Hans:

Kevin Taylor:

Same result here, no joy on my partSad. Sorry to be the carrier of bad news.

Thanks for the news Ted...  Actually this is very helpful because we know now that something deeper is afoot.  I'm going to be taking some time to go through the other journals in the entire collection and see if I can find any other missing parts.  Logos has not yet responded to me regarding a fix, it's been 2 days.  Ted if you have time would you report this as well?

Thanks in advance 

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2011 12:50 PM

Kevin Taylor:

Thanks for the news Ted...  Actually this is very helpful because we know now that something deeper is afoot.  I'm going to be taking some time to go through the other journals in the entire collection and see if I can find any other missing parts.  Logos has not yet responded to me regarding a fix, it's been 2 days.  Ted if you have time would you report this as well?

Thanks in advance 

Will report this- thanks

Ted

Posts 49
M G Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 4 2011 7:36 PM

I also contacted Customer Support by email in September. However, apart from the automatic response email, I heard nothing more.

I recently contacted Customer Support again and this time I was passed on to Technical Support. I have had an exchange of emails which brought no solution to the problem because it seemed the problem was not being understood.

Today I decided to look at the files on the ftp servers. The one on the Logos servers was the same as the one I presently have. I then went to Galaxie's servers and saw that their copy of the file had been updated on 7 September. I have downloaded this file (ftp://ftp.bible.org/galaxie/libronix/TJL/GS_CTSJ_07.lbxlls) and then did a Scan command, and then restarted Logos. It found the file, indexed, and now I have all four parts of volume 7.

I hadn't used the Scan command before so it may be helpful to mention the steps I took for others in a similar position. After downloading the file I put it in a newly created folder, say, C:\L4temp. In the Command box of L4 I then typed Scan C:\L4temp (or whatever path gets to your copy of the file). Nothing happened, and I then found that the command is not acted on until you restart Logos. On restarting, the file was found, and indexing began. On completion the new file showed up with today's date in the Last Updated column of the Library tab, but has so far not appeared as an updated resource on my home page.

For me at least this saga is at an end. However, having purchased the Theological Journals directly from Logos (not Galaxie) I am more than a little disappointed that they still have an incomplete file on their servers.

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 5 2011 2:16 PM

Thanks M.G. Smith for posting, the saga is now over for me. I went to the Galaxie ftp site here - ftp://ftp.bible.org/galaxie/libronix/TJL/ and downloaded CTSJ_07.lbxlls into Libronix 3.

I then entered Scan C: into the command section in Logos 4, close Logos 4 and restarted Logos and the rest is history.

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS