Lexham Discourse Greek NT and BDAG

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1843
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 4:52 PM

Can any one duplicate this in L4:

I am in Hebrews 3:7 I right click on the word ακουσητε and no entry comes up for BDAG, only analytical lecixon and the lexham lexicon, I know the word ακουω is in BDAG.

However if I right click on the word σημεπoν I get an entry for BDAG.

Any suggestions would be fine.

This same behavior can be found with many words.

Posts 77
Adrian Frost | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:01 PM

I don't know if this will be much help but I tried right clicking on ακουσητε in NA27, Lexham Greek/English Interlinear and the ESV and each time it showed me the lemma ακουω and I had a link to BDAG.

The only thing that comes to mind is that it might be worth prioritising BDAG from the Library if you haven't already done so. I have prioritised BDAG above the Lexham Analytical which I also included. Before I added BDAG any greek word I right-clicked on turned up first in the Lexicon even if there was an entry in BDAG.

Hope this is of some help.

Eglise Protestante Evangélique de Libramont, Belgique - www.epelibramont.com

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:06 PM

Yep. You're looking up the "selection" which is the inflected form of the word. Most dictionaries aren't indexed that way.  You need to select "Lemma" on the right-hand side of the menu and you'll get hits in more Lexicons

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:07 PM

Click on the Lemma and then the BDAG option will appear

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:19 PM

They are right.  The ANLEX will give you the inflected forms so you can use the manuscript form and have the parsing to go along with it.  In this case you will have to use the lemma to go back to BDAG.  Sometimes a manuscript is not in BDAG for example, so use ANLEX, especially if you didnt know lemma and work your way to BDAG.  I like L&N too.  L4 moves to slow for my old computer, but does anyone know how you can do a BDAG search like in L3?

Posts 1843
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:50 PM

Alan,

I have been selecting the lemma. and it does not show me BDAG.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 6:24 PM

So you are saying that your menu looks like the left side of picture 1 and the right side of picture 2?  Because it's acting like you haven't selected the Lemma menu tab.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1297
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 7:32 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

Alan,

I have been selecting the lemma. and it does not show me BDAG.

Hi Kenneth.

I am in Heb 3.7 and am able to get a lemma for ακουσητε in LDGNT, and BDAG does show up in the dialog. Can you check the resource info (the ( i ) icon in the upper-right of the resource window)? I'm using version 2009-10-26T17:47:09Z. Does yours reflect that or similar?

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1843
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 10:19 AM

Todd,

Thanks for the pictures. I figured out what I was happening. If the manuscript form and the lemma form were the same, it showed me BDAG in the list of resources on the left, if they were different it did not show up. Then one must hit the lemma button to get access to BDAG.

Rick,

Yes, I am up to date on the version numbers you show.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS