Enhanced Searching...

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 1 2011 4:32 PM

I have been a Logos user for quite some time and have almost 30k invested here. But one thing I have always felt a little uneasy about is the simplicity of the search features. Although it can search in many languages, and different forms of words, it is still simplistic in that it is still very much a singular idea. I have so many resources that my study is very much enriching, but really only if I know what I'm looking for. The search feature is really the key to uniting such vast libraries, it should probably be the most advanced feature in the program. I would like the ability to search idealisticly (if I may). This is begun in the recent post, "Explorer Remodeled". For example. If I were wanting some ideas concerning poems, I might type in poems, maybe even have a custom template selection that is available to determine maybe even the kind of poems to extract from my library. This idea is in its beginning stages, but I believe its possibilities are virtually endless, and could take our software ( considering its already ingenious design) from linear to 3d in respect. I would love to hear about some ideas along this isle of thought.

Posts 388
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 5:04 PM

Douglas:
I have been a Logos user for quite some time

Douglas,

It is about time you put an avatar up... I don't care if it is of you, or something you like!  You are way over due, you have a huge investment, get with it.  You have so many suggestions, so I have one for you -- put an avatar up... fair enough?

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 5:15 PM

Can you see it? It is a man without a dress :) Sorry friend, "avatars" are labels I am not interested in sharing. We can certainly challenge each other with the our suggestions though. Let's help get Logos as smart as the vastness of our libraries. Fair enough?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 8:06 PM

Douglas:
I have been a Logos user for quite some time and have almost 30k invested here.

Douglas, there is no way to say this diplomatically:  I don't believe you.  30k invested?  I don't have that much and I have been with Logos for about 15 yrs and tend to buy some of the higher priced items while avoiding some of the cheaper items.  Just what are you up to here?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8653
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2011 9:39 AM

Douglas:
I would like the ability to search idealisticly (if I may).
That would require an even more massive tagging system marking bits of text with semantic information (more than already in existence).  That said, Logos is always dreaming up new ways to access and even visualize your library.  Who knows.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 388
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2011 10:43 AM

George Somsel:

Douglas:

Douglas, there is no way to say this diplomatically:  I don't believe you.  30k invested?  I don't have that much and I have been with Logos for about 15 yrs and tend to buy some of the higher priced items while avoiding some of the cheaper items.  Just what are you up to here?

George,

You make the forum interesting.  Smile  Remember, Douglas was an advocate for enhanced features for an additional fee.  Maybe, he has some special bonus features?

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2011 1:35 PM

Douglas:
The search feature is really the key to uniting such vast libraries, it should probably be the most advanced feature in the program. I would like the ability to search idealisticly (if I may).

Hi Douglas... I would love to see something like this implemented.

This is somewhat in line with Bob's post from December 2010

Logos asks, what do you wish you could search for, but can't?

So maybe they are looking into more enhanced searching down the road.

It would be jaw dropping awesome if Logos could do what you are asking!  I'd vote for it YesYes YES!Geeked

Thinking about it though,  it sure sounds like it would take a lot of work and investment on Logos part to go to this higher level.

Maybe you should add your suggestion to Bob's thread. Yes

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2011 2:57 PM

George Somsel:

Douglas:

I have been given information which substantiates Douglas' claim that he has invested ~30k in Logos so I retract my statement.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 102
jtondee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2011 4:05 PM

Off Topic:

I only have 2K invested in Logos  in the 9 months since i started using it, and my wife has just about flipped out, I could only imagine her reaction with that much money invested.  Just made me chuckle at the thought of it.  Sorry to derail the the thread

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS