Personal Book Builder - milestones don't work

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 56
Scott Sanjay Hayes | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 6 2011 10:18 AM

Milestones are the reference markers for the current place in the book.  I used the bible reference milestone [[@BIBLE:Matthew 1:1]] in a personal book.  After compiling the reference is supposed to be invisible, but in my case it still showed up in the compiled personal book as [[@BIBLE:Matthew 1:1]] and Logos had linked the word "Matthew" to the book of Matthew, rather than recognizing this as a milestone.

I figured out on my own why the milestone reference wasn't compiling properly.  My original Word document had the language set to FRENCH.  I wondered if this caused a problem, so I highlighted all the text in my Word document, clicked on the Review tab, clicked Set Language, and selected English.  The next time I compiled my personal book, it worked correctly.  This is fine as a workaround, but it doesn't solve the problem that non-English Word documents don't compile correctly.

Is there a Logos developer who could please verify this problem? 

Could the Personal Book Builder be updated so that using a language other than English doesn't cause a problem when compiling a personal book?

Thanks!

Scott

Posts 29910
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2011 7:25 PM

Scott - 

What language did you set the PB to in Logos? Was it english or french? I would assume that you need to match everything (i.e. all French or all English).

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29910
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2011 7:30 PM

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 56
Scott Sanjay Hayes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2011 7:30 AM

Yes, I did do it as all French.  The language in the Word doc was French, and the language in Personal Book Builder was French.  Logos 4 still didn't process the document correctly.  My hunch is that the language tags in the Word doc are throwing off the Logos Personal Book Builder somehow?

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2011 9:12 AM

it shouldnt be case sensitive, but maybe:

did you try [[@Bible: instead

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 97
Andreas Holmberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2011 11:14 PM

Hello Scott

My experience from compiling Swedish PB's is that Logos will not recognize English-language bible-milestones. When compiling books and setting the language to Swedish I have to use Swedish names for bible books in all bible-milestones or common Swedish abbreviations for bible books.The same is true if I want the compiler to discover bible references in the text itself.

I'm not sure this is the case for French. You could try it out. If Logos discovers French-language bible references in the text itself of you PB I'm sure the bible-milestones will also work using french-language names or abbreviations.

If this does not work you might as well compile your books as an English-language book even though it's in French.

Pastor in Stockholm, Church of Sweden

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS