What Bible translation are missing from Logos that should be in Logos?

Page 1 of 4 (66 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 65 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 879
P A | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 10 2011 1:14 PM

Geeked

What Bible translations are missing from Logos that should be in Logos?

PAUL

Posts 99
john joyce | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2011 1:21 PM

Well the New Jerusalem Bible is not available to the English (or any Europeans). Bible wise this is my biggest gripe with Logos. One of the few (complete) bibles written in English and not available to the English!

Posts 60
Rev. Nannette La Fosse | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2011 1:32 PM

1. The New English Bible version 1960-1970

2. The New Testament in Modern English - J.B. Phillips

3. Reina Valera version 1909 [Spanish]

4. Reina Valera version 1865 [what a blessing would be]  [Spanish]

5. New Testament Transline  - Magill [New Testament literally from greek in  outline format but in English and with notes]

6 Maxwell Leadership Bible - John Maxwell

7. Dr. Charles Stanley Life Principles Bible

8. Today New International Version

9. The Chronological Bible

10. James Moffatt Trnslation

Posts 117
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2011 1:48 PM

Yes

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:
Yes

Although I might have made it first on the list. Big Smile

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:
Dr. Charles Stanley Life Principles Bible

That Bible is included in the Charles Stanley LifeWorks Bundle. If you shop a bit you can find it at a bargain. Wink

EDIT/DISCLAIMER >>> IMHO >>>Any translation compiled by an individual should have the word "Bible" in quotes...And we should keep in mind that there is a high risk that the content will be colored by that individual's theology. Smile

Posts 2693
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2011 2:36 PM

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:

3. Reina Valera version 1909 [Spanish]

4. Reina Valera version 1865 [what a blessing would be]  [Spanish]

New testament seems to be on Gutenberg, I dont speak Spanish, but if no native speaker is willing to PB them, may be able to assist, but won't be able to for several weeks myself

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:

8. Today New International Version -

was available - Zondervan withdrew it from sale when NIV2011 was released..

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:

9. The Chronological Bible

- which one

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:

10. James Moffatt Trnslation

If anyone has the uncorrupted txt of this - I would be more than happy PB'ing it (archive.org is corrupt)

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2011 4:03 PM

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:

Yes

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2011 4:12 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Torah-Jewish-Samaritan-versions-compared/dp/1904808182/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315695949&sr=8-1

being able to be linked to

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Israelite-Samaritan-Version-Torah-Benyamin-Tsedaka/9780802865199

Why am I hearing the song in my head...."Dreamer....nothing but a dreamer"...lol!

Any chance of getting Crum back on pre-pub?  Ooh sorry, off topic now...Hmm

Posts 236
Mikko Paavola | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2011 6:38 AM

There should be at least one free Bible translation for... let's say about 200 most common languages. Logos should be more internationally oriented. Currently there's a Bible just for 28 languages (some of them are not available as a separate product, but only in the SESB) and 4 of them are free.

Faithlife Connect + several Base Packages + Luther's Works, etc.
Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6500U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 520.
iPhone 7 Plus.

Posts 317
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2011 10:18 AM

Mikko Paavola:

Logos should be more internationally oriented. 

Luuk

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2011 10:19 AM

Paul Spicer:

Geeked

What Bible translations are missing from Logos that should be in Logos?

You asked:

In Japanese:
Franciscan translation (directly from Hebrew & Greek)
Japanese Colloquial version (1955) "Kogo Yaku"
New Japanese Bible (Shinkaiyaku Seisho, 1970) from Biblia Hebraica and Nestle-Aland
Denmo (public domain)
New Interconfessional Translation Bible (1987)

And while I am dreaming, Others:
Da Jesus Book  (Hawai`i Pidgin New Testament)
Klingon Language Version

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 60
Rev. Nannette La Fosse | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2011 10:24 AM

Here are some notes on some folk's commentaries:

1. Which chronological Bible? KJV Reese Chronological Bible. You read it in the order that things happened and not in the canonical order.

2. I have Moffatt's version in hardcover, I would like to have it in digital format.

3. Regarding the naming of 'Bible' for Charles Stanley's resource , yes I just want to get the principles discussed along the passage, and I understand that I'm reading his commentaries. I really do not want to buy all the bundle.

Posts 879
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2011 11:02 AM
GeekedRV (ERV) 1881 ?
Not sure how this differs from ASV?Geeked
Geeked
Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2011 12:01 PM

Mikko Paavola:
Logos should be more internationally oriented.

Amen.  I would like to see Anglicised (not Anglicanised!) versions of the main translations available (or issued by default to customers in the appropriate countries).  I have to go through and check the spelling every time I paste from Logos onto a Powerpoint slide to make sure I've got UK English spelling.  One of the competitor products, for example, bundles the Anglicised NIV as standard.

There are Anglicised versions available of most of the main translations.  I fully understand that reverse interlinears would not be made of these, but it would be helpful to have UK English texts available: at the moment I leave *****works open to paste Bible text from, and it is the only reason I have not become a monogamous Logos user. I am perfectly happy (well, reasonably) to have American spelling in my other books, but I get all sorts of complaints, particularly from the older members of my congregation, when American spelling appears on Powerpoint slides or in bulletins. 

I am a very happy Logos user, and if that's my worst gripe, it must be a good product.

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2011 12:04 PM

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:
1. Which chronological Bible? KJV Reese Chronological Bible. You read it in the order that things happened and not in the canonical order.

Wiki => http://wiki.logos.com/Reading_Plans has some chronological lists that can be copied and pasted into a Bible reading plan (after click "Stop Reading", Bible is positioned to next chronological place).

Paul Spicer:

GeekedRV (ERV) 1881 ?
Not sure how this differs from ASV?Geeked
Geeked

Yes for ERV 1881 (for Text Comparison with 1901 ASV)

How to choose a Bible version : An introductory guide to English translations => logosres:htchsbibvrs;ref=Page.p_25;off=1515 has English Revised Version information, including:

An attempt to incorporate American scholarship into the project proved fruitless because of differences in the English spoken on the two sides of the Atlantic, so the American counterpart, the American Standard Version (ASV), appeared in 1901, sixteen years after the complete Bible of the English Revised Version. The appendix of the British edition contained American-preferred readings, and the American edition printed British-preferred readings in its appendix.

Thomas, R. L. (2000). How to choose a Bible version : An introductory guide to English translations (27). Fearn, Great Britain: Christian Focus Publications.

Keep Smiling Smile 

Posts 1376
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2011 12:11 PM

NT Wright's New Kingdom Translation of the New Testament. It's not out yet, but I'd buy it.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 120
Mark Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2011 8:16 PM

Common English Bible

Posts 117
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2011 9:21 PM

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:
yes I just want to get the principles discussed along the passage, and I understand that I'm reading his commentaries. I really do not want to buy all the bundle.

I will make one last attempt to make my point. You can buy Stanley Lifeworks third party for $15. (compatible with Libronix, or Logos 4) If you are not interested in the other resources, Hide Them. It is very doubtful that Logos will offer the "Bible" separately for less than $15. Your call. I digress.

God bless you in your studies. Big Smile

Posts 18710
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2011 12:17 AM

A couple of the more common French ones in use today:

• Nouvelle Version Segond Révisée, 1978 (more popularly known as "La Colombe")
  • Bible d'étude du Semeur 

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2011 6:23 AM

Paul C:

I will make one last attempt to make my point. You can buy Stanley Lifeworks third party for $15. (compatible with Libronix, or Logos 4) If you are not interested in the other resources, Hide Them. It is very doubtful that Logos will offer the "Bible" separately for less than $15. Your call. I digress.

God bless you in your studies. Big Smile

OT - If it is compatible with Logos 4, does that mean the tags work?

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2011 6:57 AM

I'd like to see William Tyndale's translation.

Page 1 of 4 (66 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS