Morphological visual filters

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:44 PM

One of the brilliant features in version 3 was the Greek/Hebrew morphological visual filters. I don't see this on the list of planned features. I really miss them and use them a lot for teaching and research. I had planned to use them in my Greek Exegesis class next term, but I may be forced to stick to version 3 for this.  I hope they will be brought into version 4 soon.

Posts 216
LogosEmployee

Harry Hahne:
I don't see this on the list of planned features.

Good news! It's because they're already in there.

Under the File menu, create a Visual Filter document; switch the search type to Morph (in the upper right) and away you go.

Check out the video called "Visual Filter" on http://www.logos.com/videos for a demonstration.

Posts 216
LogosEmployee

One thing the video doesn't show: the three rings button at the top of the resource window can toggle each filter document's filter on or off.

Posts 1300
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:53 PM

Harry Hahne:

One of the brilliant features in version 3 was the Greek/Hebrew morphological visual filters. I don't see this on the list of planned features. I really miss them and use them a lot for teaching and research. I had planned to use them in my Greek Exegesis class next term, but I may be forced to stick to version 3 for this.  I hope they will be brought into version 4 soon.

Hi Harry.

Morphological Visual Filters are in Logos 4. Check the video page ( http://www.logos.com/videos ) for the "Visual Filter" video, which explains how to do this in just over two minutes.

Basically, open a "Visual Filter" document. You'll note there are three types, "Basic", "Bible" and "Morph" (upper right of dialog). Select "Morph". Then select your criteria. The important bit is to remember to use the @ when selecting your morphology. The @ brings up the morph picker dialog, you can use either keystrokes or your mouse to select stuff once the morph picker is active.

Hope it helps.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:03 PM

Hi Rick. You are working late tonight. Tough times for you guys, I am sure.

I am glad to see this. Thanks for pointing it out. I did not notice it earlier in the betas. Perhaps it is an example of one of the well hidden features in version 4.

One problem is that if I choose NA27 as my Bible, it does not default to the correct tagging scheme. It uses Anderson-Forbes Aramaic, but Logos Greek would be correct.

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:13 PM

One thing I would like is to be able to tag 2 copies of the same resource with a different visual filter. If I have 2 copies of the Greek New Testament open and I turn on a visual filter for one it turns it on for the other. The check box for visual filters on each implies it should mark it separately.

Posts 80
Bruce Lundquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 4:13 AM

Jacob, I love the Morph Visual Filters. This is a good addition to highlighting. I can now highlight the underlying lemma onetime & every time the lemma is used its highlighted. Incredible. 

However, I don't understand your statement. Where is the "3 ring button"? I don't see it.

Also, when I create a morph visual filter on the lemma it seems I can only choose one resource. For example, my favorite bible is NKJV. However, I would like to use this filter on all the top bibles that have morph tags. How can I do this?

Apple MacBook Pro 16G macOS Mojave version 10.14.4 Beta
Logos Bible Software 8.3 - 8.3.0.0034
http://fcov.org (Faith Church of the Valley)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 4:38 AM

Bruce...here you go...I think this explains it.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 4:57 AM

And the "three ring button" for selecting visual filters is in the bar at the top of each panel, see between the reference box and the interlinear button in Bob's screenshot above...

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS