BUG: Upgrade advertising message comes to people with Portfolio

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 12 2011 7:41 PM

I have Portfolio base package. I got the following pop-up message when I started Logos 4.3 SR-3 today:

Hmm, ya'd kinda think it would only be an annoyance to deliver ads to people who cannot act on them. Portfolio is the highest level base package, so there's nothing for me to upgrade to.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2011 8:07 PM

Excluding those who have Portfolio would require extra programming.  Most people take the easiest route.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 41
J.D. Matthews | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2011 1:49 AM

I just upgraded but my message indicated that i did not upgrade. The message is definitely a "canned" message.

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2011 11:32 AM

Perhaps there is an ultra-secret package out there...Unobtainium?

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2011 11:48 AM

I hit up Dan Pritchett about similar over the weekend when I got snail mail from Logos telling me that I should upgrade. I'm sitting at portfolio too, so what is there to upgrade me to?

Definitely a hole in marketing to customers based on what they currently own.

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 55
Rick Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2011 5:34 PM

I at the Platinum Level which I could upgrade but for my interest, the Portfolio collection isn't worth the money.  I really wish you could design your own collection of multiple books and get some sort of discount such as you get in the fixed upgrades for similar amount of purchases. 

Posts 6730
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 8:02 AM

Rick Williams:
I really wish you could design your own collection of multiple books and get some sort of discount such as you get in the fixed upgrades for similar amount of purchases

Rick, I'm backing you 100% on this. Say a Systematic Theology package, a New Testament, or Ministry package. All of the Targum series I really do not need. Just the Hebrew Bible.

Lynden Williams Communications

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS