Trouble Installing Logos 4 on Mac via Parallels

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 88
T. L. Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:46 PM

Hello Logos family, I am having trouble installing Logos 4 on my Macbook using Parallels.  I've never had trouble with previous versions of Logos, but it is giving me an error saying, "Cannot access network".  Is anyone else having similar difficulty and if so, how are did you resolve it?  Please help!

Terry

Posts 170
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 6:31 AM

I have not yet gotten my LOGOS 4 so don't know specifically about the problem. BUT,  parallels can only (as far as I know) use ONE internet connection (either airport or wired) at a time. You may have the macbook accessing the net via wired while parallels is assuming wireless (or vice-versa).    This situation is the only one that has produced that message for me.  (I am using LOGOS 3, Parallels 3 and tiger)

Bob - 17" MBP quad 2.3GHz 4GB  and iMAC

Posts 37

Greetings,

I have a MacBook which runs parallels, when I got L4 I installed it first on the windows side of my machine and got it to work. Then I tried to install Alpha on the Mac side with no success what so ever. It would give me the logging in screen (although I never typed in a log in name) and then go to the Waiting for Indexer pop-up and then disappear. However since I attempted to do this, L4 on the windows side has begun to run much slower. 

Any ideas? I was looking for a way to report this to the developers but could not find a place to post except on the forum.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

Bill Moulden

Posts 71
Colin Thornby | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 1:10 PM

Hi Terry

I have Logos 4 running on my MacBook Pro (10.6.2) in a Parallels 5 virtual environment. I'm running Windows 7 in there. It installed fine for me, and indexed quite quickly (I was surprised, given the comments on here, how quick it was).

One thing I noticed, though, was that after I installed Logos 4, for some reason Parallels kept trying to access network drives that were disconnected from the currently available network. My only suggestion, therefore, is that if you have anything like Time Capsule or a network attached storage drive, you turn off the access in Parallels - this might fix it for you, if you're having the same issue.

I hope this helps.

Colin

Posts 71
Colin Thornby | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 1:19 PM

Dr. Bill Moulden, M.Div., D. Min.:

Greetings,

I have a MacBook which runs parallels, when I got L4 I installed it first on the windows side of my machine and got it to work. Then I tried to install Alpha on the Mac side with no success what so ever. It would give me the logging in screen (although I never typed in a log in name) and then go to the Waiting for Indexer pop-up and then disappear. However since I attempted to do this, L4 on the windows side has begun to run much slower. 

Any ideas? I was looking for a way to report this to the developers but could not find a place to post except on the forum.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

Bill Moulden

Hello Bill - that does sound like odd behaviour! Parallels runs Windows in an entirely separate bit of memory. Logos 4 tries to access any data in the cloud - this may be what is happening, I guess. But I wonder if Logos 4 is still trying to index? You can see if this is the case by looking at the Logos icon in the system tray in Windows. When my installation was indexing it used a fairly huge amount of my CPU. I bumped up the settings in Parallels to help it along, and that seemed to work fine. If your Parallels partition is your Boot Camp partition you might find it more speedy to do that task by booting into Windows via Boot Camp. It can then use all of your CPU and RAM to accomplish the task. Of course, you're stuck with Windows while it is doing that!

If your issue is with the Logos 4 Alpha for Mac, the appropriate place for support is via the forum. If it is Logos 4 for Windows then I'd suggest you email support@logos.com or phone (800) 875-6467. Be prepared to be patient, though, as they're very busy. They may also not be able to help too much if the issue is with Parallels - you'd be better off contacting Parallels for that.

Colin

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS