BUG: Indexing says insufficient space (less than 1 GB) but not true

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 34
Tony Nunez | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 19 2011 6:27 PM

Hi,

Description:  When Logos 4 does indexing it gets up to about 25% and then says there is insufficient space on my hard drive and that it cannot complete.  I've closed and restarted and indexing starts again but the same thing keeps happening.  My tablet  PC actually has over 2 GB of hard drive space.  I didn't have this problem when I had 4 GB+ of space in my hard drive.

System Specs:

HP Compaq TC1100 Tablet PC |  Intel Pentium M 1 GHz | 1.5 GB RAM | 28 GB Hard Drive | Windows XP Tablet PC Edition Service Pack 3 | Avast Antivirus (up to date)

Logs:

2313.Logos4Crash.txt

7103.Logos4Error.log

73725.Logos4.log

Posts 25294
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2011 8:41 PM

The logs point to a number of errors but not the one you are describing, but indexing does require at least the amount of space taken by your current index files + an overhead for the file system to work properly. Therefore 2 GB is inadequate and you must look to regain at least 4 GB of space e.g empty your recycle bin, remove restore points using Disk Cleanup  --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310312

EDIT: your hard drive is effectively full unless you can regain & maintain about 7 GB free space.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2011 11:27 PM

Observation: missing Indexer.log file.  Logos 4 Indexer writes many files then merges postings.  Also noticed many temporary files were written while using Logos 4.  May want to index while not using Logos 4.  Also suspect need to free up more disk space (possibly twice the amount of space used by Resources):

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Data\random\ResourceManager\Resources

By way of comparison, my Logos4 folder used 17.3 GB with 11.1 GB in Resources folder.  Once rebuild index command issued, Logos4 folder usage dropped to 12.4 GB usage (so merged indexes used ~ 4.9 GB).  While Bible Indexing in progress, watched space usage grow in BibleIndex folder to 1.15 GB then reduced to 1.0 GB (with 29 minutes 26.7 seconds elapsed time using an Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0 GHz CPU).   While Library Indexing in progress, watched space usage grow in LibraryIndex folder to 4.57 GB then reduced to 3.67 GB after merging postings completed.  Noticed overall space usage of 18.3 GB (used 1 GB more while Library Indexing in progress).  Rebuild Bible and Library indexes reduced Logos4 folder a bit to 17.1 GB.  Library index took 2h 14m 16s to rebuild (with 53m 31.2s to index resources followed by 1h 20m 45s to merge postings).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 37
Nelson R. Pardee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 11:45 AM

I got the same error about insufficient disk space. But I have over 90G free; I have 8G of memory and 8G paging files. I got through it by continually restarting the indexing process, but it seems like something isn't right. Any suggestions? No, there's nothing in the Logos4Error.log, except a bunch of messages beginning with:

"Failed to create BitmapSource.
System.NotSupportedException: No imaging component suitable to complete this operation was found. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x88982F50): Exception from HRESULT: 0x88982F50"

Suggestions?

Posts 25294
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 3:17 PM

Nelson R. Pardee:
I got the same error about insufficient disk space. But I have over 90G free; I have 8G of memory and 8G paging files. I got through it by continually restarting the indexing process, but it seems like something isn't right. Any suggestions? No, there's nothing in the Logos4Error.log, except a bunch of messages beginning with:

The logs we normally need are logos4crash.txt, logos4Indexer.log, and logos4.log. But if the problem is fixed the last 2 will have been overwritten. logos4crash.txt could be useful, so upload that.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS