Passage Analysis- is it not in certain packages?

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 9:55 AM

Judy O'C:

Go to the box in the ribbon at the top of the program and type

Show Compare Pericopes

It's there - just not in the Tools Menu. Logos knows and they are working on it.

GREAT!!! that was VERY helpful!  Good news!

Posts 41
David Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 10:36 AM

I tried the Compare Pericopes in the cammand box and it does work in the Leader's library. 

Also, level 2 tech at Logos said that the Scholar's library has the Passage Analysis avalable in the Tools section.  In Leader's the only way to get it is using the Compare Pericopes in the command box.  I mentioned to the L2 tech that the webpage for the leaders library seems to highlight this capability, leading one to belive that it one of the resources that are at available in the Tools drop down, or at least more prominately.  Still, I'm glad to have it available at all!  Blessings. 

Posts 308
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 10:41 AM

Judy O'C:

Go to the box in the ribbon at the top of the program and type

Show Compare Pericopes

It's there - just not in the Tools Menu. Logos knows and they are working on it.

Magic  Judy - that's great I've added it to the Wiki.

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 11:01 AM

David Shaw:

I tried the Compare Pericopes in the cammand box and it does work in the Leader's library. 

Also, level 2 tech at Logos said that the Scholar's library has the Passage Analysis avalable in the Tools section.  In Leader's the only way to get it is using the Compare Pericopes in the command box.  I mentioned to the L2 tech that the webpage for the leaders library seems to highlight this capability, leading one to belive that it one of the resources that are at available in the Tools drop down, or at least more prominately.  Still, I'm glad to have it available at all!  Blessings. 

I also have the Leaders Library (V4) was was/am under that same impression.  My understanding (which ALWAYS has the possibility of being wrong) is that while the function is/should be there, the Leaders Library doesn't have the buttons where they need to be yet (for what ever reason).

I may be wrong, and if so would like clarification.

TY!

Blessings!

FB Users Group for V4:  http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=193808921078

Posts 1470
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 11:37 AM

Oh now I have to decide whether to ask to undo my upgrade.  I upgraded from Leaders to Scholars mainly to get this tool.  I don't know how to use most of the other original language resources anyway.

For those who can use it in the Leaders library by typing in the command box:

- Did you know that you could drag the command to the Shortcut bar and set up a shortcut for it?  It's just as good as having it in the menu!

- Do you see useful results on all 5 selections in the Passage Analysis tool (the rivers, word tree, etc)? In other words, I would like to know whether the Leaders library has all the necessary data to support all 5 selections.

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 11:54 AM

PeterLi:

- Did you know that you could drag the command to the Shortcut bar and set up a shortcut for it?  It's just as good as having it in the menu!

Thanks,

Peter

AHHHH!!!!  I just tried that and it crashed my V4 program!!!

Posts 5
Judy O'C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 11:59 AM

I did the same thing....it looks like Paul did also and fixed it - look at this thread. http://community.logos.com/forums/p/3912/30202.aspx#30202

I'm waiting on his answer.

Posts 1470
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 12:27 PM

I'm sorry, Jeremiah and Judy.  I should have tried it myself first before suggesting it.  I've dragged other commands to the shortcut bar and it works beautifully.  This might be a new bug.

I think we should not drag anything to the shortcut area until Logos responds.  I suspect it might not be restricted to just the Passage Analysis / Compare Pericope tool.

Team Logos?

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 12:31 PM

PeterLi:

I'm sorry, Jeremiah and Judy.  I should have tried it myself first before suggesting it.  I've dragged other commands to the shortcut bar and it works beautifully.  This might be a new bug.

I think we should not drag anything to the shortcut area until Logos responds.  I suspect it might not be restricted to just the Passage Analysis / Compare Pericope tool.

Team Logos?

No worries.  Was a great suggestion.  Maybe your a bug-magnet? 

I'm calling Customer Service... told me to hold for 25 mins... :(  I'd hate to be a customer tech there right now... lol

Posts 41
David Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:23 PM

It is as you  and I say.  If you want the buttons/selections presented in the cammand box, the I guess an upgrade to Scholor's is required.

BTW I got the Passage analysis with Version RIver by typing in "version" and selecting version river.  Same graphic, but it comes up with the version river.

Posts 449
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:14 PM

Well, with SR-6, al these little tricks do not work. 'Version' does not. 'Show compare pericopes' does not...

Oh well...

Posts 3
Sean Holder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 5:19 PM

None of these work for me either I cannot open Passage Analysis.  So is there a fix in place?  I have the L4 Bible Study SR-6.  Also I was going through my books and I am missing a book that was supposed to come with my edition. 

Missing Book, I have started going through catagorizing all the books available to the list of my library (Logos 4 "Bible Study") I noticed that the book - "Biblical Ethics: Choosing Right in a World Gone Wrong" by Eckman....is listed on the website as being in the library but its not available in my library. Has anyone else noticed this?

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 8:59 AM

Hi Guys,

Can I point you in the direction of this thread -http://community.logos.com/forums/p/9231/76789.aspx#76789

For it deals with some very similar issues and the possibility of adding Passage Analysis to your Leader's Package via an addin. Hope it helps!

Ps. I have the Leader's Package with the Passage Analysis features.

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS