BHS/WIVU Visual Filter section disappeared! What to do?

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 24 2011 8:50 PM

Here at Calvin Theological Seminary several students and faculty noticed that the penultimate (or the last) update caused the BHS/WIVU Visual Filter option to disappear. We have the Visual Filter created for this resource. When we updated (I believe last week), the Visual Filter section from the "three circle button" disappeared and the Filter was removed from this resource. The Filter is there in the File Menu but it cannot be applied.

Is anyone aware of this problem? Is there a solution for it? Are the Logos geeks aware of that?

I thank you in advance for any information.

Blessings, 

www.aprendalogos.com 
Youtube: AprendaLogos

Posts 26532
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2011 10:10 PM

Nielsen Tomazini:

Here at Calvin Theological Seminary several students and faculty noticed that the penultimate (or the last) update caused the BHS/WIVU Visual Filter option to disappear. We have the Visual Filter created for this resource. When we updated (I believe last week), the Visual Filter section from the "three circle button" disappeared and the Filter was removed from this resource. The Filter is there in the File Menu but it cannot be applied.

I just tried to apply a Morph filter and found that BHS/WIVU is not listed as a Bible; similarly with a Morph Search. So this could be your problem. Please Edit the title of the thread to start with Bug:.   In the meantime here is a workaround:-

1. Apply your filter term to a normal Morph Search, select All Resources and the WIVU morphology:-

2. Select Bible, which will transform the term:-

BHS/WIVU is now recognised as a Bible!

3. Reproduce this in your Visual filter.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2011 12:04 AM

One more Morph Search workaround is using a collection that has BHS/WIVU (instead of All Resources):

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2011 8:29 PM

Dears Dave and Keep Smiling,

Thank you so much for your replies. I will apply your suggestions tomorrow morning.

I really I appreciate your help.

Blessings,

www.aprendalogos.com 

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2011 8:19 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

One more Morph Search workaround is using a collection that has BHS/WIVU (instead of All Resources):

Keep Smiling Smile

YesYes

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2011 11:57 AM

Dear Dave,

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know how to edit the Post title to insert "Bug:" in it.

Could you help me? Could you tell me what to do?

Blessings, 

www.aprendalogos.com 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2011 12:42 PM

Nielsen Tomazini:

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know how to edit the Post title to insert "Bug:" in it.

Could you help me? Could you tell me what to do?

Wiki Using the Forums => Editing or deleting posts should be helpful.

By the way, looking at time of original post and now, too late to edit title.

Option: could email Logos Technical Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact with reference to this thread to request "Bug:" prefix change to title.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2011 4:56 PM

I'll take a closer look at this issue tomorrow.  Don't worry about e-mailing Tech Support, if you haven't already. Smile

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2011 6:05 PM

Thank you very much Tonya. 
This is really a key issue to us because we extensively use color coding for Hebrew and Greek verbs. This is used also for training of lay people and we happen to be in the middle of a training for pastors as part of Calvin Seminary Continuing Education program.
We noticed today that the NIV 1984 got the same problem. So, we don't have the Morphology being applied in the NT interlinear.
Blessings, 

www.aprendalogos.com 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2011 6:54 PM

Nielsen Tomazini:
We noticed today that the NIV 1984 got the same problem. So, we don't have the Morphology being applied in the NT interlinear.
Blessings, 

Wonder about turning visual filter off and on ?

If not fix, wonder about a screenshot showing Highlighting, Visual Filter(s), and NIV84 ?

Apologies, unable to replicate: NIV84 is displaying 5 Logos Greek Morphology visual filters, while LDGNT has 6 visual filters active:

Wiki Extended Tips for Visual Filters => Examples of visual filters has 5 Logos Greek Morphology visual filter defintions (plus 5 more).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2011 7:29 PM

Good idea Keep Smiling. Here it goes:

You can see here the problem with BHS/WIVU. As for NIV I have it working in my computer but it does not work on the new users and in the seminaries laptop I was using in the training (with the seminary account). But notice that they do have the NIV 1984, it is not the 2011 edition. And the problem that they have is exactly the same as in the BHS. You can see that there is not "Visual Filters" section in the "three circle button" on the BHS. 

Tomorrow morning (when we continue the training)  I can take a snapshot of the NIV. 
Thanks for your willingness to help.
Blessings! 

www.aprendalogos.com 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2011 7:53 PM

Nielsen Tomazini:
You can see here the problem with BHS/WIVU.

Wonder about changing Visual Filter definition to use a collection with BHS/WIVU (vis All Resources) ?

Nielsen Tomazini:
But notice that they do have the NIV 1984, it is not the 2011 edition.

NIV 1984 has blue book cover and Reverse Interlinear for New Testament while NIV 2011 has yellow book cover (Bible text only).  Clicked "i" to show NIV information, including Reverse Interlinear:

Currently, 6 English Reverse Interlinear Bibles have Anderson-Forbes Hebrew Morphology and Anderson-Forbes Aramaic Morphology tagging in Old Testament. => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/38419/288058.aspx#288058

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 26532
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2011 8:26 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
NIV 1984 has blue book cover and Reverse Interlinear for New Testament while NIV 2011 has yellow book cover (Bible text only).  Clicked "i" to show NIV information, including Reverse Interlinear:

The affected NIV will not have the Reverse interlinear data if it was purchased individually - see this post for more information:-

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/38530/289095.aspx#289095

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2011 10:47 AM

Nielsen -- There is a known issue with the BHS WIVU and Morph searching and visual filters that development is aware of and working on. I'm not sure whether or not it is related to your missing Visual Filters enabled in the WIVU previously, but I've added this information with a link to the thread to the existing case.

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2011 12:25 PM

Dear Melissa,

Thank you for the information. It is good to know that it is being taken care of.
Thanks for the development team for doing their job.

Blessings, 

www.aprendalogos.com 

Posts 1
ptwestra | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 9:49 AM

Melissa, Do you have an update on the BHS/WIVU morphological functionality discussed in this thread?  We are getting an increasing number of questions from our student body and pastors we have taught how to use these filters.  thanks,

Phillip Westra

Logos Teaching Assistant

Calvin Theological Seminary

Posts 9

Nielsen,

We are experiencing the same problem down here in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Unfortunately I stumbled upon the problem while I was teaching a Logos4 class last week.

I hope they'll fix the bug.

Blessings fellow Brazilian,

Tarcizio

Posts 9063
LogosEmployee

We have corrected the metadata for this resource, which should fix the problem. (This may require a restart of Logos 4, to force it to download new metadata. You will need to be working online to get the update.)

Posts 26532
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:07 PM

Bradley Grainger:

We have corrected the metadata for this resource, which should fix the problem. (This may require a restart of Logos 4, to force it to download new metadata. You will need to be working online to get the update.)

Welcome back WIVU!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 242
Nielsen Tomazini | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 4:26 AM

Hello Tarcizio,

Good to see one more Brazilian here!

Bradley gave us the answer se were waiting for. I am on my way back to Brazil today--I will try to update my Logos when I get there.

Blessings.

www.aprendalogos.com 

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS