Adding new books

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 146
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 28 2011 3:49 AM

I purchased Dictionary of the Apostolic Church and received the email from Logos; "This is to inform you that your recent Pre-Pub order of Dictionary of the Apostolic Church (2 vols.) is now ready to be downloaded. "

I loaded Logos last night and waited and it never gave me "New Resources to be added" icon.  I then entered "Update resources" in the command bar.  It went out and checked, i.e., the little circle in the upper right hand corner.  It came back with "no resources to update."

I opened up my iPad and checked my library and it is there in my library on my iPad.

Any thoughts?

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 4:08 AM

It is unfortunately a fairly common scenario. Try a restart of L4.

As you already have it on iPad you can copy the resource to a removable device and then in the Command Box of the desktop L4:-

• scan E:\     ==> or whatever the drive letter may be.
  • restart L4

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 146
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 5:06 AM

Dave, thanks for the help.  I have never transfered a logos book from my iPad.  Do I save the book on my iPad, i.e. make it avalable "off line", then copy it on to my desktop of a stick?  Need a little more information.

Thanks,

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 5:49 AM

Hey Joe, this is an interesting thing as well.  I was waiting for an e-mail on the same books last night when i had to get to class.  Within 5 minutes of arriving the e-mail came.  This means I would have to wait to download it to my desktop.  However, the resource was accessible on my iPad because the license was unlocked under my account.  To download to your iPad, you flip the switch for the book to make available offline.

Now there is no way to transfer from the iPad to your desktop/laptop, but its good to know the book's license has been unlocked for you on your account (no glitches while processing your order).  I would suggest to run update resources until it finishes, and if it finds nothing, close and restart Logos.  Give it 5 more minutes.

...Then i'd call tech support (unless Dave has something else to try)

[EDIT] - just realized Dave said you could copy a resource from the iPad.  I'm not sure how you would A. access the file and B. ever use a removable media device on an Apple mobile product.  Are you confusing this with Android?

Posts 27673
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 5:54 AM

Dave Hooton:
As you already have it on iPad you can copy the resource to a removable device

This is not possible.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 114
Kenneth Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 7:23 AM

i opened the Dictionary of the Apostolic Church on my iphone, but I could not get it to download to either my desktop or laptop. It opens in biblia.com but will not download to either non-cloud/permanent installation.

Mac Pro 13 Retina 8GB, 256 flash 

Posts 114
Kenneth Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 11:09 AM

Interesting. I changed update setting on my desktop and my laptop to Default instead of Beta and an update and the Dictionary of the Apostolic Church both downloaded to both machines.

Mac Pro 13 Retina 8GB, 256 flash 

Posts 146
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 11:46 AM

I called customer support and they said i didn't have the most recent beta.  In the command box I was to type in (Update channel stable).  After I hit enter it downloaded and update and after then is told me I had resources to add.  It added the dictionary - I am good to go!

Posts 27673
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 12:06 PM

Joe Mayden:
I called customer support and they said i didn't have the most recent beta.  In the command box I was to type in (Update channel stable)

It's not that you didn't have the most recent beta, but rather that you didn't have the most recent updates. Since you were in the "beta channel," you did not receive the updates to 4.3 stable. [Not all updates go through the beta channel.] If you want to receive beta updates again, you will need to switch channels again back to beta. Make sure to read the warnings in the beta forum, however. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 1:55 PM

that's great to hear Kenneth and Joe

"NOW WE KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW"

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 3:02 PM

Paul Newsome:
"NOW WE KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW"

Indeed!

Dave