Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 232
AndyTheGreek | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 28 2011 11:14 AM

I recently upgraded my Logos 4 package... Will I be able to get the new resources in Logos 3 as well? If so, my order does not indicate how to do so...

Thanks

Andy

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 4:30 PM

Two ways:  You can expect an email from Logos with attached Logos 3 update file which will add the license and download new files AND you have a link you can use on your My Orders page which will download the license addition and resource to Logos 3.

A little more complex getting Logos 3 CD material into Logos 4 as you need to add to Logos 3 then Sync Licenses to get Logos 4 to update to include the new resources.

Smile

Posts 232
AndyTheGreek | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2011 11:34 PM

David J. Wilson:
You can expect an email from Logos with attached Logos 3 update file which will add the license and download new files AND you have a link you can use on your My Orders page which will download the license addition and resource to Logos 3.

That's what I was expecting, but no such attachment was in the email and no Logos 3 downloadables appear in My Account->Orders page...

Should I contact support?

Andy

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 29 2011 12:08 AM

After syncing licenses in Libronix 3, wonder if a Library (KF) package shows in Account Summary Unlocks ?

If so, wiki has links to KF package resource update scripts => http://wiki.logos.com/KF_Resources_for_Logos_3

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 232
AndyTheGreek | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 29 2011 4:23 AM

Thanks - that worked.

I'm smiling now Smile

Andy

Posts 186
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 9 2011 10:14 AM

Hi

Is there anyother way to downoad these resources as they are going to take forever using the directions from wiki pages. Is there a direct link to the Logos server or can they be downloaded a few files at a time? Thanks, Gerald

Posts 26509
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 9 2011 10:42 PM

From memory (I don't have it installed) the auto update script allows you to choose which resources to download. Restart L3 after each download so that the script can identify what has already been downloaded.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 9 2011 11:59 PM

Gerald Rodgers:
Is there anyother way to downoad these resources as they are going to take forever using the directions from wiki pages. Is there a direct link to the Logos server or can they be downloaded a few files at a time?

Option: ftp://ftp.logos.com/LbxBooks/

Can choose resource file(s) to download; if not have license, resource is locked in Libronix 3

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 186
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 9:07 AM

Hi

Any ideas how to get the download quicker as I'm experiencing real difficulty getting the download of the many books available for Libronix. Have tried a number of times but after 40% even 50% download I get an error message saying I need to rerun the download. Any help would be very much appreciated. Gerald

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 9:35 AM

Gerald ... not to overlap the above answers ... it sounds like you're using an L3 script to download the resources.

Going 40-50% and hitting a bump is pretty common. What you do (!) is see which resource was the problem. Then re-start the script, and un-check everything up to and including the bad-boy. It's tedious though you can just re-download and uncheck just the bad-boy(s).

Normally, you may hit 3 or 4 like this. Keep track of them. Then manually download them separately from the ftp site above.

If this repeats the wiki my apologies. This is just what I'm used to doing (a lot).

Another oddity that doesn't show up often but the Logos forum rep sometimes used to mention is your wifi dependability sometimes fouls up the L3 script (apparently it's sensitive on time-outs). So make sure of that.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS