Kindle Fire

Page 4 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 81 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 9 2011 1:05 PM

Things are looking more promising all the time.

I pre-ordered the Fire as well, with my primary motivation being access to Logos.  I'm already a Kindle user, and the old Gen II Kindle I have works fine as a reader, but of course won't run apps.

If the Fire will run the Logos Android app, then I'll be on, well, fire about it!

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 9 2011 2:03 PM

Let us know how it works when you get it!

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 11:56 AM

Should be in stores today 11/15 and some people are already receiving it from Internet orders.  Who will be first to see if it works with Logos?

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 3
Larry Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 12:00 PM

Come on Bro! Be the first! Be our Beta tester!!!

Posts 10032
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 12:34 PM

W. Lawrence Thomas:

Come on Bro! Be the first! Be our Beta tester!!!

Chuck was the first who wrote about it in the Android subforum. He says it works. Check it out: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/39349.aspx

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 1:38 PM

Works if you download beta from the forum. You have to enable app installation in settings first before you can install it. The app doesn't show up in the app store.

The whole Kindle Fire is a bit sluggish, but not horribly so.

Posts 167
Randall Lind | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2011 8:03 AM

I am big Geek anyway reading my daily tech blog ZDNET decided to take a kindle apart http://www.zdnet.com/photos/amazon-kindle-fire-teardown-whats-inside/6328463?tag=content;feature-roto

So if you want to know what's inside.

Posts 2331
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2011 12:32 PM

It would be nice to hear from Logos how functional Logos 4 will be on the Kindle Fire.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2011 12:39 PM

Hi Ronald.

Just to clarify it won't be Logos 4 but the Android app.

Graham

Posts 2331
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2011 12:59 PM

Thanks for the clarification.

Posts 167
Randall Lind | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2011 2:18 PM

what's the different logos  4 desktop and Logo for Android?

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2011 2:31 PM

Randall Lind:

what's the different logos  4 desktop and Logo for Android?

"Logos 4" is a full featured application meant for your laptop or desktop computer, and is built for serious study. The Logos mobile app does not have the same features or power, which should be expected due to the limitations of the mobile device (i.e. iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle, etc.). The mobile app should be seen as a supplemental application to the main Logos 4 program.

Posts 167
Randall Lind | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2011 3:17 PM

Is it like the Biblia app?

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2011 4:42 PM

Randall Lind:

Biblia is only available online, and last I checked, it did not have the study functions that the apps (iphone, android) do, like passage guide and bible word study.  plus, you can download books for offline access, unlike biblia.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2011 5:22 PM

Randall Lind:

As Dan suggested, there is no "Biblia" app. Biblia is a website that you can visit while online. Logos does have another app called "Vyrso," which is a scaled back version of the Logos app. "Vyrso" is also the name of the new "Trade Book" store from Logos. Vyrso carries the kind of books you would see in your local "Christian" bookstore, rather than the more "academic" Logos resources.

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 8:38 AM

I did get L4-Android installed on my Fire this morning, successfully.  I'm messing with it right now.

The download feature for library resources does work...which is kind of important as the Fire has no 3G capability...you're stuck with wi-fi for now (adopting the Apple model, eh?). So I'd recommend you download some books you want for when you aren't connected but want to read.

What I haven't figured out yet is how to access the offline Library books separate from the whole Library.  Hopefully I can get that done here shortly.

I don't see any filtering features yet...finding books is done in a search box, but it is interactive.

The other thing I haven't figured out is, how much space there is to use for the app.  The L4-Android app, as I understand it, requires an SD card, which the Fire doesn't have.  However, they've figured out a way to make a virtual SD card from the resident memory (I'm guessing).  I just don't know how much is there.

I'm downloading the ESV SB right now and I'll go check the memory and see what I have done.

Chauffeur, show good.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 167
Randall Lind | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 8:46 AM

I am guessing you could use the full 8gb on board right?

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 9:13 AM

Doc B:
the Fire has no 3G capability...you're stuck with wi-fi for now (adopting the Apple model, eh?)

What do you mean? You can get a 3G iPad... I have one!

Doc B:
What I haven't figured out yet is how to access the offline Library books separate from the whole Library

I assume that the Andriod app doesn't add any features to the iOS app. If this is the case, there isn't a way, currently, to sort by "downloaded."

Doc B:
I don't see any filtering features yet...finding books is done in a search box, but it is interactive

There aren't any... but you can use search strings such as "edition:(logos,ebook) && -perseus" (this will show you all of your resources, except the perseus collection) or "Vyrso" (this will show you all of your... well, I think you can figure it out).

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 9:14 AM

Randall Lind:

Absolutely not. I don't know the answer to how much is available, but the 8GB includes the OS & other apps.

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 9:23 AM

Randall Lind:

I don't think so, Randall.  I think it might be limited to a gig or so.  Haven't got the skinny on it yet...just scuttlebutt so far.

Page 4 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS