LOGOS 5

Page 4 of 5 (92 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 91 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 2822
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2012 2:46 PM

With Logos 4 many of us made major upgrades in our Library resources.  Some of us spent thousands of dollars in upgrading our library packages.  I know I will not be able to do this again with Logos 5, and I suspect for various reasons that will be true for many people.  From here on out, I will add only resources that meet some particular need or interest that I have.  But I am going to be much slower to buy.

I am just as not as excited about Logos 5, as I was about Logos 4.  There aren't that many new features that I need.  Of course, I would love improvement in speed and searching, but it is not that bad now.  I would be excited about Personal Books on my iPad, but that doesn't have anything to do with Logos 5. I would be excited to get the Hebrew audio program.  Other than that, I am okay with what I've got. 

I just don't see much to get excited about, either for me or for Logos in Logos 5.  I am going to have to be "sold" on it.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2012 2:50 PM

Jerry Bush:

The last beta cycle began on July 17th. I realize we are still in conjecture mode, but it sure "feels" like L5 must be around the corner.

I was part of the beta testing for L4 and really enjoyed it; I was hoping to be able to participate again. Looks like that is not the case, assuming testing has begun.

Logos, any bones you can throw us?

FYI... we were told last week that we will be getting another beta this week.

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2012 3:09 PM

So, I wonder how much $$$ we will have to pony up to get L5?

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 26108
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2012 3:13 PM

Tony Thomas:

So, I wonder how much $$ we will have to pony up to get L5?

As always, the answer is zero. As to whether we'll need to purchase resources to use new features, who knows?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2012 3:15 PM

Michael Childs:
From here on out, I will add only resources that meet some particular need or interest that I have. 

That is generally good advice.  Any resource you purchase should meet some need in your interest though one does need some resources which inform him regarding other areas which are somewhat general in nature.

Michael Childs:
I am just as not as excited about Logos 5, as I was about Logos 4.

I'm not at all excited about Logos 5 since we have no idea when it might appear—6 days, 6 weeks, 6 months or 6 years.  I don't spend my time obsessing about that.

Michael Childs:
I just don't see much to get excited about, either for me or for Logos in Logos 5.  I am going to have to be "sold" on it.

It's generally good to be convinced about something rather than jumping on the next wave.  I wasn't convinced about Logos 4 for quite some time since it seemed rather "half-baked" when it first was released (and even moreso when I was in the beta group though I didn't want to be too negative).

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2012 7:41 AM

I've been guessing (in a post earlier on this year) that Logos is waiting for MacOS 11 to be released?

Anyhow, it's important that Logos releases a version, may it be 4.x or 5.0 that makes use of and has no incompatibility -problems with Windows 8. For some time, there will be less problems with viruses in Windows 8 than in Windows 7, and that makes a difference since re-installing Windows is expensive (Microsoft charges hundreds of $ for non-OEM Windows user-licenses).

George Somsel:
I'm not at all excited about Logos 5 since we have no idea when it might appear—6 days, 6 weeks, 6 months or 6 years.  I don't spend my time obsessing about that.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:53 PM

First sight of Logos 5, just saw this on the faithlife site... Look at the top of the window in the pictures featuring the Logos software...

https://www.logos.com/media/_faithlife/GroupPrayerList.pdf

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2012 7:18 PM

David Taylor Jr:

First sight of Logos 5, just saw this on the faithlife site... Look at the top of the window in the pictures featuring the Logos software...

Interesting.  Apparently things are afoot.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1690
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2012 7:19 PM

David Taylor Jr:
First sight of Logos 5, just saw this on the faithlife site... Look at the top of the window in the pictures featuring the Logos software.

Good catch. Maybe this is a test and the ones who notice get to Beta test.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2012 7:52 PM

Robert M. Warren:

David Taylor Jr:
First sight of Logos 5, just saw this on the faithlife site... Look at the top of the window in the pictures featuring the Logos software.

Good catch. Maybe this is a test and the ones who notice get to Beta test.

Only if I can keep L4 as well.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:32 PM

I've seen the Logos 5 screenshot several months ago. Not sure if it was on Faithlife or another Logos site. I was surprised also, and was thinking that 5 must be within weeks of release. I am now quite sure that was on a development workstation located in a vaulted cave of Logos. Smile

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:46 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

I've seen the Logos 5 screenshot several months ago. Not sure if it was on Faithlife or another Logos site. I was surprised also, and was thinking that 5 must be within weeks of release. I am now quite sure that was on a development workstation located in a vaulted cave of Logos. Smile 

Perhaps in the catacombs?  Wink

george
gfsomsel

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2012 7:42 PM

George Somsel:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

And buried under Dogma

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2012 7:46 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Notice that faithlife is integrated into the software.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2012 7:58 PM

Ward Walker:

George Somsel:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

And buried under Dogma

I'm thinking that L5 will be released soon. Perhaps they are delaying it for the completion of the Hebrew Pronunciation. L4 has Greek included. Maybe L5 will have both included. Big Smile

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2012 2:18 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Weird: look at the most recent reading list on the home page: Spiritual Gifts. From what I can see that RL hasn't been modified in the last two years. Anyone who can figure out how to interpret that?

It's also interesting how posts and whole threads mysteriously disappear.Smile No one who wants to confess to being the one who downloaded and crashed L5?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2060
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2012 6:39 PM

It doesn't crash. Err, I mean it doesn't exist.

Posts 975
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2012 10:20 PM

I think we should blame Bryan: http://community.logos.com/user/Profile.aspx?UserID=5060 :) They deleted the thread but not his activity history... opps ... now they will take care of that as well!

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:00 PM

I just bought Logos 4!  I hope the upgrade won't be too costly. 

Posts 2060
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:10 PM

KPK111:

I just bought Logos 4!  I hope the upgrade won't be too costly. 

I'm fairly new to Logos myself. I think when they upgrade they offer a cross-grade package at around $60-70, IIRC. But I would be surprised if they released Logos 5 anytime soon. Surely not for another 6 months or so, I would say.

Page 4 of 5 (92 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS