Ancient Christian Commentaries

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 6
Michael Whitworth | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 30 2011 5:16 PM

I saw Ancient Christian Commentaries available on Logos a few months ago; I bookmarked the page and came back recently to purchase them, only to discover that they had disappeared from Logos' website. Does anyone know if they are still available for purchase, and if so, how?

Posts 3671
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 5:24 PM

Do a Google search - you should find it available through alternate sources.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 5262
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 6:03 PM

I am shocked that ACC has been pulled, but it doesn't surprise me to much, since IVP obviously still wants to sell it in their channels and amazon and CBD sell it at a price that i am not sure Logos ever matched after publication.

-dan

Posts 2362
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 7:15 PM

Dan Francis:
I am shocked that ACC has been pulled,

Dan,

I too had this sentiment rise within me. It was about a month ago when I first noticed this. Another resource I had marked for purchase has gone this road; Biblical Archaeology Review. It appears it is now only available for purchase through the publisher. These annoyances are I guess unavoidable.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 10:16 PM

Try rejoicesoftware.com. They have it on sale (although not listed on their web-site), through email subscription. Contact Michael White and he will put you on the right track. He also stocks other excellent Logos software from various publishers on CD-Rom, so it might pay to subscribe to his email posts.

Hope this helps.

Posts 10523
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 7:05 AM

Well, I just KNEW Libronix was GOOD!

I just didn't know HOW good, until I notice B-company was running on it (from rejoicesoftware.com)

:

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 2245
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 7:50 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the  CD included in the deal still needs to run on Libronix, not B company software. You still have to use Libronix or Logos 4 to use the commentaries. 

Posts 10523
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 8:28 AM

Oh John ... bubble-bursting is your middle name!

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 10290
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 12:20 PM

John Fidel:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the  CD included in the deal still needs to run on Libronix, not B company software. You still have to use Libronix or Logos 4 to use the commentaries. 

Isn't it a good thing that Rejoice gives buyers of that B software the chance to see real A-class bible study software - for free? All should be glad! Wink

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 171
Danny Zacharias | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2011 7:30 AM

Any other news on this? This commentary series really needs to be in Logos

Posts 37
Nelson R. Pardee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 11:05 AM

I looked through the rejoice software, and it raised a question: what are the differences from a user point of view in resources purchases from Logos and those that are described as compatible, such as the Nelson bundle at Rejoice (I presume the ACC would fall into this category). And- I have a similar question regarding any Libronix resources I might want to acquire?

Little did I know what I was getting into when I selected Logos as my Bible Study software!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Addendum: interestingly, Logos provides tech support for the CDROM version of this available at Amazon, etc. " For Technical Support, contact LOGOS Tech Support by e-mail at tech@logos.com, by phone (toll-free in the USA) at 1-800-875-6467 or by visiting online at www.logos.com/support." http://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/code=2480 (maybe you old timers already knew this but it's interesting to me!)

Posts 10645
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 11:16 AM

Nelson R. Pardee:
what are the differences from a user point of view in resources purchases from Logos and those that are described as compatible

Once the resources are unlocked, you will see no difference whatsoever. To unlock, either install L3 (Libronix—If you are on Windows OS), synchronize license and then open L4. The newly unlocked resources will automatically download. This may take a few minutes to complete.

Alternately—of if you are using Mac OS—call Logos Customer Service, give them the unlock code from the CD/DVD and they will unlock the resources for you. I did this last month for the ACCS from that other source.

Posts 171
Danny Zacharias | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 11:25 AM

I don't understand this - I can purchase this resource on the rejoice site, but not on Logos?

Posts 3768
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 11:27 AM

Jack Caviness:
Alternately—of if you are using Mac OS—call Logos Customer Service

Jack, can't we just contact Logos with the serial number, anyway, regardless of our OS and in lieu of installing Libronix?  i thought I have done that on occasion, especially with a journal package I had bought third party.

Jack Caviness:
Nelson R. Pardee:
what are the differences from a user point of view in resources purchases from Logos and those that are described as compatible

I think Jack essentially said it.  To say it a different way: if you install it as a Libronix resource set, you will have access to the Libronix way of studying your resources.  Some people still prefer Libronix over Logos4.  However, once you have installed it and synchronized it online (your licenses will sync with Logos database) then those resources will be downloaded to Logos 4, if you have it installed on your machine, and you will never have to worry about installing them as LIbronix again.  If you purchase a new computer and download Logos 4, ALL of your previously purchases resources with synchronized licenses will download.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 10290
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 1:49 PM

Danny Zacharias:

I don't understand this - I can purchase this resource on the rejoice site, but not on Logos?

Seems so, yes - this is because right now they are sold as CD-ROMs not downloads, and LOgos has run out of their boxes while third-parties may have some stacked in their warehouses. Probably Logos will re-issue this a a downloadable resource, but in some cases products left the catalogue for good (or actually for worst) here, while still being available elsewhere. Nevermind, as these run just as fine under L3 and L4, as Dan just explained. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2362
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 3:23 PM

Danny Zacharias:

Guys,

I have looked into this awhile back and I have discovered an important distinction between the resource offered by rejoice and the one offered by cbd. cbd's is the complete set (29 vols.) vs rejoice's volume 1 (12vols.)! Buyer beware. Additionally, I purchased baker's new testament commentary from rejoice and it was seamlessly added to my L4 database by a simple call to technical support after supplying them the serial number as has been mentioned. I provide a screen shot to support my claim regarding product differences. The 1st shot is rejoice. The second is cbd. Hope this is helpful. Blessings.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 9117
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 3:49 PM

Beloved:
I have looked into this awhile back and I have discovered an important distinction between the resource offered by rejoice and the one offered by cbd. cbd's is the complete set (29 vols.) vs rejoice's volume 1 (12vols.)!

I think you can still get the full set from that other place. Email will help you discover that and the price.

Until Logos handles this again the only place to get it is elsewhere as Beloved has pointed out.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 10645
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2012 2:31 AM

Dan DeVilder:

Jack Caviness:
Alternately—of if you are using Mac OS—call Logos Customer Service

Jack, can't we just contact Logos with the serial number, anyway, regardless of our OS and in lieu of installing Libronix?  i thought I have done that on occasion, especially with a journal package I had bought third party.

Yes, you can, but I wanted to cover all bases.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2012 1:02 PM

As others here have pointed out BEWARE when shopping around for this CD as there are copies around of the older much smaller set of ACCS commentaries (the first 12 vols released) and the cost for the smaller set was in some places actually MORE originally than the cost of the relatively recently released full set of 29 vols.   So make sure of what you are getting before you buy, not everyone has a full refund policy on software, in fact some places say they would never refund on software.

Another point is that I have not yet found a Windows 7 64bit system (ie: a recent computer) which will ask for the unlock key when trying to add a Libronix 3 CD to your library (works fine with Windows Vista and XP systems but the prompt has never come up on any Windows 7 system I have seen).  This has always meant either a call to Logos customer service or unlocking via a computer running Vista or XP.

Posts 3768
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2012 2:39 PM

David J. Wilson:
As others here have pointed out for the smaller set was in some places actually MORE originally than the cost of the relatively recently released full set of 29 vols.   So make sure of what you are getting before you buy, not everyone has a fukl refund policy on software, in fact some places say they would never refund on software.

thanks, good advice.  I have almost done that myself, before.

David J. Wilson:
not everyone has a fukl refund policy

not even sure I know what that is . . . , but you are probably right!  Wink    Smile

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS