Perseus

Page 2 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 71 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 28283
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 9:17 AM

William Middleton:
I think I will try and give them a call.

Don't bother. It could take up to three weeks for some users to get theirs. All you will do by calling is waste time (yours and theirs) and tie up the phone lines.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 36
William Middleton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 9:18 AM

Thank you FGH.  Seems as if the Sales and upgrade department is working but noone else.  Did ask though about the delay and they stated it will be shipping through the weekend hopefully by Monday.  Its taking a bit longer than expected.  From the Sales Crew...

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 9:28 AM

William Middleton:
Did ask though about the delay

There is no 'delay'. At least not yet. They've said from the start it will take several weeks. If they're not finished by November 1st, then we can start talking about delays.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 36
William Middleton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 9:48 AM

Thanks FGH, just was wondering since I had ordered too on the 12th and it was morning (MST) when I had ordered and I see some getting many books but 2 and like yourself even received one but I havent received anything...

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 2:05 PM

George Somsel:
I got 6 of 7 and indexed.

I received what should be the final installment, but I thought it was to contain Latin works as well as the Greek.  What is the experience of anyone who has likewise received all installments?  I wrote to Logos asking about this.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 2:18 PM

George Somsel:

George Somsel:
I got 6 of 7 and indexed.

I received what should be the final installment, but I thought it was to contain Latin works as well as the Greek.  What is the experience of anyone who has likewise received all installments?  I wrote to Logos asking about this.

Hi, George!

*smile*

I got a "whole slough" of Lation resources.  I've only received the Perseus Classics Collection download up to now; and they were in that download.

>>>>>>>>>>>>      2 Thessalonians 3.16       <<<<<<<<<<<<

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 3:13 PM

509.9 MB is downloading. Not everythiing, but its a start. I ordered everything.

Thanks Logos.

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 36
William Middleton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 3:28 PM

Well received this mornings which was 500+ MB which seems to be half of the size that the others that received all of them were and downloaded without flaw a little slower hehe Im sure many were getting it then as well, and about an hour or so to index.  Works swift.  Hehe, I believe they decided to break it up for 2 reasons.  1) to allow more control of bandwith and 2) to save those with slower computers the lag time with indexing.  Shucks I was only about 3 hours into the ordering on the 12th of August when we received a notice prior to it open online and ordered all by 11 am.  Not sure, but suposing they will send the others as the next group and cannot wait to look at the civil war info many are talking about.

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 3:56 PM

Mine came in at 4pm EST, Perseus Classic.  500MB download.  Installed, indexed and running great.  Thanks Logos.  1 down 6 to go.  But at least I got the one I wanted the most first.

Logos 5, Windows & Android perfect together....

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 4:40 PM

Kevin, we are both happy campers.

Posts 1058
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 6:59 PM

I got the classics collection today as well. I guess they decided to push that out first to everyone so we would stop whining! :)

Now the indexing beginsTongue Tied

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 7:12 PM

Tom Reynolds:
I got the classics collection today as well. I guess they decided to push that out first to everyone so we would stop whining! :)

For me the classics collection was the last collection received.  I'm now downloading something unknown.  Perhaps it's the Latin material.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 8:29 PM

6 of 7 sets downloaded (509 MB); indexing now...

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 75
Rusty Davidson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 5:59 AM

So, for the rest of us who continue to wait for even a hint of a download, could you who have received it, share with us when you pre-ordered?

I pre-ordered early on Aug 13th (less than 24 hours after announcement.)

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 6:09 AM

Rusty Davidson:

So, for the rest of us who continue to wait for even a hint of a download, could you who have received it, share with us when you pre-ordered?

Ordered on August 12. When I did, Dan had tweeted that already 300 had placed their order. Just got the first download last night.

Posts 117
C Devin Chaulk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 6:56 AM

I ordered on Wednesday night...as in Wednesday September 28th. It might be a while for me, but I'm really excited for the classics, and what it will do for Greek word studies.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 6:57 AM

Lynden Williams:

Rusty Davidson:

Ordered on August 12. When I did, Dan had tweeted that already 300 had placed their order. Just got the first download last night.

Ordered on the 12th - 7:00 p.m. EST

*smile*

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       2 Thessalonians 3:16        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 7:22 AM

Lynden Williams:

Kevin, we are both happy campers.

Yes indeed sir!!  Loving the classics.  

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 7:24 AM

Rusty Davidson:

Rusty, I ordered in the early morning hours of 8/13 and got mine yesterday evening.  Shouldn't be long for you I hope.

Posts 103
Lonnie Ritchie | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 7:38 AM

I ordered all of them, but haven't received any yet.  My orders says they shipped on Sept. 30; but nothing has arrived...still waiting.

Lonnie

Page 2 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS