Perseus

Page 2 of 6 (108 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 107 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 11:37 AM

Michael R. Jones:
my ship date was listed as 9/30

It's not your ship date. It's simply the date they start shipping. It says the same thing for everyone.

Michael R. Jones:
I did not see any indication that it would take weeks

Just one example (I think it's from the very first blog post):

Michael R. Jones:
I guess when you're the only one offering a particular product, you can treat people any way you want to. It's not like I can patronize another company.

That's extremely unfair! You get these for FREE, and you get rude because their servers aren't the size of Google's or Amazon's? You get these for FREE, and then you expect them to incur even more costs by answering your completely unnecessary phone calls and twitters? I happen to be extremely critical of Logos as a company, but at least I reserve my criticisms for things I've payed for. When I get free gifts like this I wait my turn and am thankful for what I get, whenever I get it. I suggest you do the same.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 11:40 AM

Michael R. Jones:
I don't know who Dan Pritchett is

Dan is the Executive Vice President and brother of Bob (the President/CEO). You can read more HERE.

Michael R. Jones:
it is not unreasonable for me to expect the "ship date" and the "receive date" to be the same.

It is for this reason: Logos has a limited server capacity. 

Michael R. Jones:
Especially when a phone rep told me yesterday morning (Fri Sep 30) that I could expect it later that day.

I don't mean any disrespect to the sales reps, but they are not always privy to these sorts of issues. Furthermore, the sales rep may have well meant that the "shipping" date would be later in the afternoon (which it was).

Michael R. Jones:
I do not process Logos orders for a living nor do I work for Logos and so could not reasonably be expected to know these things.

You are right. In case you are unaware, I am a volunteer forum MVP (that's what the star means under my picture). Since I read the forums more than most users, I was able to remember several posts and provide you with more information. When this collection was first announced, it was made clear (at least to me) that the release would be staggered because of server capacity. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2709
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 11:48 AM

Michael R. Jones:
I did not see any indication that it would take weeks (despite someone saying it was on every related mail, etc.), my ship date was listed as 9/30.

See here http://www.logos.com/products/search?Product+Type=Perseus

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 66
Michael R. Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 12:00 PM

fgh:

For the record, I am grateful for these products being distributed for free within the Logos program.

I did not know there was a staggered release until alabama24 told me and so I did not know I had to wait my turn. (Although I will note that apparently many people who ordered early still didn't receive their collection.)

My statement about their treatment of customers was not intended to express my displeasure solely with the Perseus Collection and its shipping (though I will admit to being a little disappointed). The "product" in reference is the whole Logos product, not just Perseus.

Were it simply about this (and my unanswered tweets were not only about this) the statement would have been unfair, but it is a summary of my entire customer experience. About that I should have been more clear, yes, but in this light, the statement was not unfair.

As far as the Perseus Collection, I saw the collection in an email, noted that it contained texts I am working in for my PhD dissertation, and pre-ordered it. I did not scrutinize the details and had no way of knowing that the ship date would be stretched over several weeks. I had no way of knowing that my phone call was unnecessary because, as I noted above, I don't work for Logos and so cannot reasonably be expected to know these details. I also don't have time to scrutinize every Logos email that is sent to me, especially considering the volume of email they send me. 

As far as their incurring costs, Twitter is free, and I've more than paid for the phone call I made yesterday.

Posts 66
Michael R. Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 12:04 PM

Ted Hans:

Thanks for the link. This is the first time I have ever seen that page.

Perhaps an email to Logos users who ordered the collection would have prepared me and others for the wait. As it was, I got up yesterday morning fully expecting to be able to work in these texts before lunch.

Posts 66
Michael R. Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 12:12 PM

alabama24:

When I wrote: 

it is not unreasonable for me to expect the "ship date" and the "receive date" to be the same.

You answered:

It is for this reason: Logos has a limited server capacity. 

How could I possibly know what Logos' server capacity is or know how many people have ordered it? I pre-ordered a product that said "ship date Sept 30" and waited for September 30. It's that simple.

Posts 352
Mike & Rachel Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 12:36 PM

Michael R. Jones:
How could I possibly know what Logos' server capacity is or know how many people have ordered it? I pre-ordered a product that said "ship date Sept 30" and waited for September 30. It's that simple.

That's unfortunate. All we can really say is: "Well, it was there."

At least there are worse things in the world than waiting...

It seems to me that there were two failures here. You failed to "read the small print" and the person you talked to on the phone missed an important bit of communication within the company. Neither are particularly big failures...but you seem to be emphasizing one and ignoring the other.

Michael R. Jones:
Were it simply about this (and my unanswered tweets were not only about this) the statement would have been unfair, but it is a summary of my entire customer experience. About that I should have been more clear, yes, but in this light, the statement was not unfair.

Well, putting your complaint for your entire customer experience in this thread isn't particularly helpful since, as you can see, it was completely interpreted as only referring to something you're getting for free (which really just makes you kind of grumpy looking...). It would have been better if you had started a separate thread for your complaint, at least then there wouldn't have been a misunderstanding at what you're complaining about.

Posts 66
Michael R. Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 1:15 PM

Mike Aubrey:

I wasn't trying to emphasize one rather than the other; simply pointing out that a Logos employee should know more than I about the release date of a Logos product.

You're correct: it does make me grumpy-looking, but I promise, I'm only grumpy some of the time! :)

I agree that I should not have appended a general complaint about Logos to so specific a post. I have had several problems with Logos over the past several weeks (which have been addressed directly with Logos and in a few posts) and I carried that frustration over to this thread.

I still say a simple email from Logos would have been helpful. I use Logos to do my work; I don't play with it and so don't keep up with these details.

Posts 66
Michael R. Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 1:22 PM

Btw, I totally forgot this product was free. I've never gotten a free product from Logos before.

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 1:30 PM

Michael R. Jones:

My statement about their treatment of customers was not intended to express my displeasure solely with the Perseus Collection and its shipping (though I will admit to being a little disappointed). The "product" in reference is the whole Logos product, not just Perseus.

Michael,

I apologize for the way you feel Logos is treating you. We have a large staff, and continually train them to take care of our customers the best ways possible, but as we grow and bring on new staff, there is always the challenge of indoctrinating them into the Logos way of outstanding customer service. To make sure I am fully aware of the current state of our service from your personal experiences, I would like to make myself available to you so that I may personally address your concerns. Feel free to call my direct line at 360-685-2335 when it is convenient for you, or contact my assistant, Laura Roberts at 360-685-4435 to set up an appointment so we can connect on a schedule that works for both of us.

So I may prepare for our conversation, please let me know what your Twitter handle is, so I may determine where we failed to reply to your Tweets and prepare answers to any questions you have sent that have gone unanswered. I am not sure if your Tweets were more recent or in the distant past, but we did just lose Stephen Smith (to the Marines) who was on top of responding to those Tweets like a hawk, and perhaps in the transition we missed a few. I apologize we did not meet your expectations, and we will strive to continue to improve. 

I am also eager to find a way to change your impression of our customer service. We work hard to make sure we have the best customer service in the world, (even to the extent that the President, Vice President, Customer Service Manager, Marketing Manager and many other employees can be found personally taking care of customers on weekends), and it is unusual to hear that an overall impression of our company or product is that our treatment of customers is poor. I want to get to the bottom of this immediately and take appropriate measures to rectify any problems that need to be addressed.

Please accept my apologies for this current frustration you are experiencing with our company. By way of apology, I have moved you to the front of the line and processed Perseus for you so that you may begin to use it in your planned research schedule today. I know what it is like to make plans for your day and not be able to carry through with them.

-Dan

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 4:45 PM

Dan, Peace and Joy in the Lord at all times!                  *smile*

I thank our God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ through His Holy Spirit that He has made you so gracious about this ....             and other matters.

Bless you!                              You have been Blessed, of course!          and..

you are a Blessings to many ............

Well-Done!                                                  *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1344
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 6:40 PM

Dan Pritchett:

Michael,

I apologize...

Wow, this is truly grace in action!  I counted the word "apologize/apology" 4 times.  

Dan, my hats off to you and to Logos!

Peter

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 6:51 PM

Peter Li:

Wow, this is truly grace in action!  I counted the word "apologize/apology" 4 times.  

Dan, my hats off to you and to Logos!

Yes

Posts 166
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2011 3:10 AM

Just to say I ordered my sets Perseus several weeks ago when it was first announced but have received nothing as yet. Perhaps Logos are using the alphabetical way of doing things so with my surname beginning with R I might be further down the packing order. Does anyone know how to remind Logos of a non download such as I'm experiencing with Perseus? Gerald

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2011 4:25 AM

Gerald - 

I don't know what the method is, but it may take several weeks before everyone gets to download. When Logos said "first come, first served" they may have meant "the first group that signs up" which would be everyone who has already signed up. Currently, no one is able to sign up until an unknown date in the future when the rest of us will have already had an opportunity to download.

Posts 29
RMC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2011 5:30 AM

Yep - not sure how they're counting first-come first served - I was within 5 minutes of it going live and haven't received anything yet.  (I was surprised to see I ordered so quickly - I came on, ordered, then saw the forum and realized it has JUST gone live).

Not complaining though - Smile  I can wait, in fact I don't mind even being pushed to the back of the line so others who need them for more immediate scholarly purposes can have them first.  Just adding my experience in so we can get a better idea of how Logos is pushing these resources though. 

Posts 10599
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2011 5:33 AM

Dan Pritchett:
We work hard to make sure we have the best customer service in the world, (even to the extent that the President, Vice President, Customer Service Manager, Marketing Manager and many other employees can be found personally taking care of customers on weekends)

Thank you for maintaining that level of Customer Service, even in the middle of explosive growth. Yes

And thank all of you for your gracious spirit in dealing with complaints Geeked

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2011 6:17 AM

Gerald Rodgers:

Just to say I ordered my sets Perseus several weeks ago when it was first announced but have received nothing as yet. Perhaps Logos are using the alphabetical way of doing things so with my surname beginning with R I might be further down the packing order

I hope not Gerald. When I saw the tweet, over 300 persons had ordered. So I reckon that I could be about 350 on the list. If they are going alphabetically, my suname beginning with "W", hmmmm? But I won't die if I do not get it today. Now tomorrow? Smile

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 10324
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2011 7:09 AM

RMC ... the Christmas season is approaching, and of course that means the 'Polar Express'.

If you've watched the movie, up at the North Pole, Santa has a massive databank of those who are 'naughty' and those who are 'nice'.

If was just after 'Polar Express' was released, that I noticed my downloads taking an unusually long time.

Posts 929
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2011 7:48 AM

I haven't received anything yet. Maybe I should start throwing my toys out of the pram Zip it!

Page 2 of 6 (108 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS