Installing resources from pc disk & other library issues

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Michael Collins | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 1 2011 10:18 AM

Hello,

I am installing L4 on my new mac mini.  My old one is right beside it so that I can compare speeds.  An unexpected problem popped up and I need help figuring it out.

My library consists of my original PC Standard Base Package purchased back in 1999.  Over the years I added a few eBible collections and the NAS collection and then finally upgraded to Platinum this year.  I thought that everything would automatically download with the new installation, but it seems that is wrong.  The problem I have found is that the library resource count is different between the two macs - new: 1281 old: 1284.  Update resources comes back with no updates available on either machine.  As a test I did a search for "redemption" and both machines cam back with different results in both hits in resources and articles available.

I am thinking that the libraries on both machines might be off by more than three books.  This means that I need to load some resources off of my old eBible disks.   The new Mac will read them and let me browse them, but I am not getting the install resource dialog when I start Logos.

1.  Any way to either force or manually install resources?

2.  Is there a way to figure out the discrepencies between the two libraries?

Thank You,

Michael

Posts 4673
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 10:52 AM

I was caught out by a Personal Book that I had added to one computer but not the other.

I found it by opening the library pain as big as could be on the smaller screen - matching it with the larger monitor and then going down a page at a time until the book at the bottom of the panel was one out.

Took about 10 minutes with 1500 resources.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 2:13 PM

Michael Collins:
1.  Any way to either force or manually install resources?

One option is file sharing so can read Logos 4 Resources folder on other computer, then use scan command, followed by restarting Logos 4 Mac.

Wiki Quick Installation onto Multiple Macs => Copy Logos 4 Resources to Mac OS X has scan command example.

Michael Collins:
2.  Is there a way to figure out the discrepencies between the two libraries?

OS X has ls and diff commands (could list resource names to files, then compare differences).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS