Basic comparison between Catholic Library Builder and Catholic Scholars Edition

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 37
Nina Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 1:57 PM

Jerry Fourroux:

Thank you for this Comparison.  I am interested in the Catholic Library Builder because it is an amazing collection, but I would prefer to keep my prot version of the Fathers, is there a way to prevent downloading doubles?

I may be wrong, but I am usually right. I am confident the only difference between the Protestant version of the Early Church Fathers and the Catholic version of the Early Church Fathers is the inclusion of Philip Schaff's footnotes/notes with the Protestant version. So, if you already have the Protestant version, you will gain the ability to refer to the ECF without notes by referring to the Catholic version. That is the benefit of having both sets. The original content does not differ.

now watch a scholar come along and prove me wrong. Stick out tongue

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 2:04 PM

Nina Jones:
now watch a scholar come along and prove me wrong. Stick out tongue

Why, thank you, Nina!

Please, don't anyone tell Nina I posted from her Mac again. Embarrassed I was checking on her Perseus downloads. I forgot I was signed in to her account when I posted the comment above.

Other than all the confusion I created with these posts; it looks kind of cool that my wife can be so opinionated and so knowledgeable. When she discovers I'm on her Mac again she will probably change the password.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2011 12:00 AM

Super Tramp:
When she discovers I'm on her Mac again she will probably change the password.

Option: create another Mac user account for yourself, which could be used for Logos forum postings.  Also have option of installing your Logos 4 library on Mac; wiki Quick Installation onto Multiple Macs => Copy Logos 4 Resources to Mac OS X

By the way, understand checking wife's Perseus download progress.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 2:35 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Super Tramp:
When she discovers I'm on her Mac again she will probably change the password.
Option: create another Mac user account for yourself, which could be used for Logos forum postings.  Also have option of installing your Logos 4 library on Mac; wiki Quick Installation onto Multiple Macs => Copy Logos 4 Resources to Mac OS X

I took a different option. I got myself a 20" iMac. I need to install a bigger hard drive in it before I begin installing my Logos library to it.

Back to the original thread topic: If I already have Early Church Fathers "Protestant edition" and the actual content is the same as the "Catholic edition" (excepting the notes), do I have to duplicate the whole content just to refer to it under each title?  It would be nice to just toggle the notes on &n off when a user has license to both resources.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 28242
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 2:41 PM

Super Tramp:
If I already have Early Church Fathers "Protestant edition" and the actual content is the same as the "Catholic edition" (excepting the notes), do I have to duplicate the whole content just to refer to it under each title?

I don't think you need to keep both ... if you do, I've blown it on the Early Church Fathers index.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 8:25 AM

Super Tramp:
I took a different option. I got myself a 20" iMac. I need to install a bigger hard drive in it before I begin installing my Logos library to it.

Web site has guides for replacing hard drives, including Intel iMac => http://www.ifixit.com/Browse/iMac_Intel

Option: can use external hard drive to boot and run Logos 4 Mac.  Also could partition external drive for Time Machine use with other partitions to store stuff (including copy of internal partition that is bootable).

Super Tramp:
Back to the original thread topic: If I already have Early Church Fathers "Protestant edition" and the actual content is the same as the "Catholic edition" (excepting the notes), do I have to duplicate the whole content just to refer to it under each title?  It would be nice to just toggle the notes on &n off when a user has license to both resources.

Yes

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS