Andrews University Study Bible

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 35 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 3 2011 4:46 PM

When did this slip in? Only saw the email today. I have the study Bible as my preaching Bible. Now I will have the notes. All I need now is a Tablet computer, so that I have sermon and Bible all in one place.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 2342
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 5:36 PM

I just saw it today.  I have never heard of it before.  What is it like compared to the ESV and NLT Study Bibles?

Posts 2333
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 5:41 PM

Lynden Williams:
When did this slip in?

Thanks for the reconn Lynden.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 5:41 PM

Ronald Quick:

I just saw it today.  I have never heard of it before.  What is it like compared to the ESV and NLT Study Bibles?

Similar. Look at the sample pages and see if it meets your needs. I ordered the notes only, as I already have the NKJV.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 5:43 PM

http://www.logos.com/product/9500/andrews-study-bible Here is the link.

Posts 1649
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2011 5:59 PM

I saw it and pre-ordered on Aug. 29th. The release dates have slipped twice but it has held steady this time.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 1:04 AM

Ronald Quick:

Andrews University Press is Seventh-Day Adventist Publisher so I assume this Study Bible will be of this theological orientation.

Bohuslav

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 3:36 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Ronald Quick:

Andrews University Press is Seventh-Day Adventist Publisher so I assume this Study Bible will be of this theological orientation.

Bohuslav you are correct. Designed for the lay person. Has studies (text and writings) about Adventist beliefs.

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 6:36 AM

Lynden Williams:

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Ronald Quick:

Bohuslav you are correct. Designed for the lay person. Has studies (text and writings) about Adventist beliefs.

Lynden, I too hope it soon gets into production.  Big Smile 

It will be good to know the biblical foundation for "some" of the Adventist beliefs. 

Because I want to go to the source instead of "rummers", I also want to see the Biblia de Jerusalem make it into production.

I also would like to see the Spanish Jerusalem Bible:  http://www.logos.com/es/producto/13203/biblia-de-jerusalen-latinoamericana

Hope they are both on my logos bookshelf soon!

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 7:06 AM

Tom Rach:
t will be good to know the biblical foundation for "some" of the Adventist beliefs. 

In the mean time you may want to go here. http://biblicalresearch.gc.adventist.org/documents.htm or http://www.adventist.org.

I have started formatting documents from the first link for PBB. Waiting on approval to add links to Adventist Bible commentary and Ellen White writings.

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 7:43 PM

Somehow I missed the announcement for this resource. Sad  What was the pre-pub price for the notes?  Guess I'll need to wait for a sale to get close to the pre-pub price.

Linden

Posts 2342
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 5:41 AM

I don't remember what the prepub price was, but I would recommend calling customer sales.  Many times they can give you a lower price than what is on the website.

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 6:11 AM

Linden:

Somehow I missed the announcement for this resource. Sad  What was the pre-pub price for the notes?  Guess I'll need to wait for a sale to get close to the pre-pub price.

Yep it went out of pri pub, but you can still just BUY the notes if you already have the NKJV.Big Smile

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 6:43 AM

Ronald Quick:

I would recommend calling customer sales.  Many times they can give you a lower price than what is on the website.

People always say that, but for my own personal experiences, it has NEVER happened. 

It seems that some are elected for discounts and others are not elected. Crying

Posts 10101
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 8:16 AM

Tom Rach:

Ronald Quick:

I would recommend calling customer sales.  Many times they can give you a lower price than what is on the website.

People always say that, but for my own personal experiences, it has NEVER happened. It seems that some are elected for discounts and others are not elected. Crying

Same here. It seems the sales people sometimes know of sales that are not widely announced and can offer these products on discount (which may coincide with someone asking for this resource), but I think I never got a discount "just for asking" - what I asked about always turned out not to be on sale. But I often decide to buy it nevertherless...

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 8:45 AM

NewbieMick:
Same here. It seems the sales people sometimes know of sales that are not widely announced and can offer these products on discount (which may coincide with someone asking for this resource), but I think I never got a discount "just for asking" - what I asked about always turned out not to be on sale

I have made several purchases in the last few months, and not directly from Logos for the above mentioned reason. 

For example:

Luthers Works (Found it a lot cheaper by searching for old links to discounted libronix products on the web). Beer

Warfield collection (Found a discounted prices on a  Warfield Blog site).Geeked

Wayne Gruden - (I did a little rejoicing over this one)

I pays to search the web ( logos libronix sale discount code)! Yes

Posts 1649
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 9:35 AM

Just out of curiosity. Was the "notes only" version offered during the pre-pub? The reason I ask is because I ordered this as soon as I seen it listed on pre-pub and paid $34.95 for it. The "Notes Only" version would have been cheaper since I already have the NKJV. If I simply missed it I'll just have to take the hit for the few extra dollars and learn to slow down on the ordering process.  Embarrassed

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 10:19 AM

Tom Rach:
Yep it went out of pri pub, but you can still just BUY the notes if you already have the NKJV

Not if I want a deal. Wink  I will wait until March Madness, request a deal sale etc. and see what happens.

Linden

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 10:28 AM

Linden:
Not if I want a deal. Wink 

Well said! Big Smile

Too bad you missed this link: http://www.andrews.edu/news/2011/10/andrews_study_bible_.html

Posts 1
Rodney raney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 3:32 PM

FYI,  you have to link the notes with your favorite version of the bible.  That was not clear from the website.

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS