4.3 Service Release 5 (v4.30.0.1603) shipping soon

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 4 2011 5:18 PM

4.3 Service Release 5 (v4.30.0.1603) will ship to users later this evening or tomorrow morning.

If you have automatic updates turned on, 4.3 SR-5 will be downloaded automatically the next time your system checks for updates after the update has shipped. To install it right away once it has shipped, enter the Update Now command.

Release Notes

Posts 13
Brian Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 7:09 AM

I have SR 5 and it is crashing like crazy today.

Posts 29032
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 7:48 AM

Brian - 

First, welcome to the forums! Sorry you are having troubles (so am I Tongue Tied). I did not experience any difficulties until I upgraded my base package to the JG package. Is this what you did as well?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 8:00 AM

Arrrrgh! Here we go again ... download failures. Sad

• Click on the 'there is a download message'
  • watch the icon appear in the menu bar
  • hover occasionally ... progress ... 
  • icon disappears prematurely ... no indication of problem or success ( it paused at about 36% this time) but no update
  • message about download returns with the next start up.

Why do I never have problems with L4? I usually have problems with L4Mac on any significant download.

L4 is running on Parallels under W7 ... same computer, same network, same ISP, same everything except the software. I can only think that L4Mac does not handle interrupted downloads correctly when L4 does. Therefore L4 looks like a seamless download but in reality it dealt with issues gracefully. (I say issues, I have no evidence of other apps struggling either; or at least they deal with 'issues' correctly.) It is plain that L4Mac knows the size of the download (it is in the message, and implicit in the % progress) yet it does not detect when a failed download occurs ... not even a message to the effect that it failed or a button to restart ....

When will this be fixed? It has been going on for since the start of L4Mac  and is getting a tad frustrating. Sometimes there are reports of a fix and then it returns a build or two later.

Apologies for the tone ... Embarrassed ... fustrated

Any chance of a link to the dmg being added to the release note so that we can download it using our browser?

BTW. I watch my email account for resource availability so that I can fire up L4, download, copy and scan ... thank Mr Gates that I have my Perseus!

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 8:31 AM

Brian Jones:

I have SR 5 and it is crashing like crazy today.

Welcome Big Smile

Would like to look at diagnostic logs; wiki Mac Troubleshooting => How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac

Other option is contacting Logos Mac Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact

Forum thread => BUG: Opening "Handbook of Contemporary Preaching" crashes. describes one crash

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 8:36 AM

Martin Folley:
Any chance of a link to the dmg being added to the release note so that we can download it using our browser?

Observation: wiki => Logos 4 Beta Program include RSS feed links (used by Logos 4 to download version).

Also, wiki Mac Troubleshooting => Update Error has links to current stable and beta releases (symbolic links are updated with each release).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 8:43 AM

Martin Folley:

Arrrrgh! Here we go again ... download failures. Sad

• Click on the 'there is a download message'
  • watch the icon appear in the menu bar
  • hover occasionally ... progress ... 
  • icon disappears prematurely ... no indication of problem or success ( it paused at about 36% this time) but no update
  • message about download returns with the next start up.

I'm repeating this exact sequence only on indexing.  Logos will go to 99% indexed and sit... for hours.  Then more recently, it will begin indexing as soon as I open Logos only to disappear  after 2-6% indexing.  Meanwhile my searches turn up nothing because "Some search results ay be missing or incorrect while your library is being indexed." when it clearly is not!

Posts 13
Hanson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 12:51 PM

I updated without any problems last night then headed off for bed. When I went into L4 this morning the software crawled, describing it as slow would be an understatement. I am nearly shut down (back to pen and paper) for business until the problem is fixed. When I first purchased L4 last January the software was extremely slow and with every update it became quicker and quicker. I have been patiently waiting for the speeds, which Window users boast of to make there way over to the Mac side. I am so frustrated right now I don't know how to react. The software did index. I wonder if theirs a way to force an index a second time. In the mean time I will just wait–I've invested to much money to give up hope yet.

Mathias

Posts 29032
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 1:11 PM

Mathias - 

Have you restarted your Mac? When you restart Logos, does it start indexing?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 4:18 PM

Dig In:
The software did index. I wonder if theirs a way to force an index a second time.

Yes, rebuild bible index command deletes then builds Bible index; rebuild library index command deletes then builds Library index; rebuild index command deletes both Bible and Library indexes, then builds Bible index, followed by building Library index.

Wiki Mac Troubleshooting => How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac includes link to 5504.Logos4MacLogging.app.zip (display logging setting, then optionally change)

With diagnostic logging enabled, can open Indexer.log to watch progress (by default, Apple's console utility scrolls log file as lines are written).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 38
Roberto Bustamante | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 5:19 PM

Quick Question: when i start my mac i get a little blue logos icon in the ribbon bar on top, and it goes through indexing...going through the percentage count, etc.  It does this without me even starting logos itself.

Is this supposed to happen?  Do I need to rebuild the index on my mac?  

Posts 13
Hanson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 5:27 PM

Yes to both of your questions. I even down loaded a free resources so it would index again and that did not help either. I'll try some indexing commands next.

Posts 29032
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 5:44 PM

Roberto Bustamante:

It does this without me even starting logos itself. Is this supposed to happen?

Yes. The real question you should be asking is this: Is Logos finishing the indexing or not. Click on the icon, track its progress.

Posts 38
Roberto Bustamante | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 5:53 PM

I did it yesterday when i first noticed the icon reappearing, and it appears to have finished. That's why I was surprised to see it pop up again today and index all over again. It has been progressing since I first posted this question.

Should I open the program and command: rebuild index?

Posts 29032
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 6:18 PM

No. Let it finish and see what happens. There was a VERY tiny update today with may have caused your re-index. This would be normal and desired.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 7:42 PM

Roberto Bustamante:

I did it yesterday when i first noticed the icon reappearing, and it appears to have finished. That's why I was surprised to see it pop up again today and index all over again. It has been progressing since I first posted this question.

Should I open the program and command: rebuild index?

With download of Perseus collections over several days have seen Indexer Blue icon for several hours.

Wonder about enabling diagnostic logging, can use => 5504.Logos4MacLogging.app.zip

When indexer icon appears again, can look at Indexer.log file when blue icon disappears (see if all resources indexed or crash occurring).

If indexing looks good, can disable logging to improve Logos 4 Mac responsiveness.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13
Hanson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2011 5:22 PM

Last night I used the rebuild index command and it did help a lot. Thank you for your advice.

Mathias

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2011 8:10 PM

Dig In:
Last night I used the rebuild index command and it did help a lot. Thank you for your advice.

Thanks for update, another reason to smile Geeked

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 11
Alexandre Farley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 7:42 AM

Hi!

I'm not sure my automatic update is working properly. I'm entering the cmomand update now and it doesn't seem to update anything.

I'm not sure what version of Logos 4 I'm running, but when I click on "About Logos Bible Software 4" on the Logos Bible Software Menu on the top left, I have the following info:

Logos bible Software 4 (Beta 3) (4.10.4.2596)

So how can I update my system?

BTW, I'm using it on my macbook running Snow Leopard.

Posts 29032
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 8:48 AM

Alexandre - 

You are way behind and apparently on the beta channel. You can use the link below to download the latest stable version:

Logos 4 Mac Installer

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS