Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 6
Gary | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 5 2011 11:56 AM

Very much enjoy the Android app on my HTC Incredible.  How do I change the default bible version when I select a reference in the MacArthur study bible commentary?  Currently it's the ESV and I would prefer the NKJV.

Looking forward to split screen when available.  And highlighting.

Thanks for the hard work done so far.

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 4:38 AM

Gary Philpot:
How do I change the default bible version when I select a reference in the MacArthur study bible commentary?  Currently it's the ESV and I would prefer the NKJV.

This is the same as the bible prioritized on your desktop Logos4 and cannot be changed on Android. Sync'ing a change from desktop may take some time, though.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 6
Gary | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 9:13 AM

I havent upgraded to Logos4 yet, still on Libronix 3.  Is it still the same fix? 

Thanks

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 12:40 PM

Libronix doesn't sync, so you'd be getting Logos 4 defaults.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3733
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 12:54 PM

Gary Philpot:

I havent upgraded to Logos4 yet, still on Libronix 3.  Is it still the same fix? 

Thanks

Dual installation works well... I'm still using L3 for some stuff, even tho' I prefer L4 for most.... all you need is lots of space on the hard drive... Wink

Then you could prioritize your preferred resource in L4 as Dave suggested.

As a bonus, you could gradually give L4 a try... After 2 years of free porting of new L4 resources back into L3, the recent release of Perseus in L4 format only says to me that the handwriting is finally on the wall for L3.

Blessings on your studies!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 25
glenn59@comcast.net | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 8:01 PM

Yes, it could take awhile... I've had both L3 and LOGOS4 on my computer for over a month. Nothing on my Incredible looks anything like my prioritize list. ESV comes up when I "jump to reference" though I've never used that version in my life. I just open the NASB and use the quick reference in the upper right after dragging top margin down. When I first installed the beta it defaulted to NASB, but apparently one of the updates changed that.

Posts 6
Gary | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 10:07 AM

I would love to upgrade to L4 but a little bit much right now for me. Maybe later when things are better financially.  Libronix 3.0g working good right now for me.

Posts 5619
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 10:34 AM

Gary Philpot:

I would love to upgrade to L4 but a little bit much right now for me. Maybe later when things are better financially.  Libronix 3.0g working good right now for me.

Gary, you can upgrade to L4 for free.  See option 4: http://www.logos.com/4ways

You won't have the all of the extra databases and updated resources you get by upgrading to an L4 base package (which will restrict some of the new functionality), but you will be able to prioritize your resources the L4 way.

You can use both L3 and L4 together on the same computer if you don't want to use L4 regularly.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 25
glenn59@comcast.net | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2011 6:54 PM

I've tried everything I could find. Prioritize, reprioritize, uninstall and reinstall, manual synch... I still can't get NASB to become the default translation. It keeps coming up with ESV, which I've never used even when I started with Libronix. I am reminded though just how grateful I should be that I can carry so much concerning His Word in an index card sized format, instead of delicate scrolls, when I notice my impatience that the microwave is going to make me wait an entire 40 seconds to reheat my coffee! Thanks to all you who have brought things this far!

Posts 1
David A. Mote | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 3:17 PM

It isn't the same as the default Bible on my desktop. Does it take weeks to synchronize?

David

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 4:15 AM

David A. Mote:

It isn't the same as the default Bible on my desktop. Does it take weeks to synchronize?

David

All I know is that Text Comparison reflects my L4 Bible Prioritization but PG took a few weeks to recognize a change in prioritization of my commentaries!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 64
David Stevely | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 4:37 AM

The default functions are not working properly on the Asus Transformer.

Starting from a passage in the KJV, my default bible on desktop L4 where it all works perfectly, I do a word study which produces a normal screen as per desktop, - most often - , sometimes there is no definition content.

If I now click on a lexicon, the two showing are LN and DBLG although my highest priority on desktop is ESL, the DBLG takes me to the DBLG definition.  If I now click on a reference in the definition and then "jump to reference" it goes to ESV NOT KJV which is my preferred bible on desktop.

This has been the case for me at all times.  I use my desktop daily and sync runs regularly.

Clearly more work needs to be done.

David Stevely 

Posts 24
Tom Sersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2011 12:04 PM

I just updated from libronix to logos 4 with a basic price of $39.95

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2011 3:25 PM

Tom Sersen:

I just updated from libronix to logos 4 with a basic price of $39.95

Was there something else you wanted to say, Tom?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25
Paul Stark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 8:08 AM

I've had the app installed for months with only one prioritized resource, the NASB. Whether I use Text Comparison or Passage Guide or whatever, I always get the ESV. I do have L3 still installed and wonder if that's messing with the sync.

Glenn said he did a manual sync. How do you do that?

(v. 0.9.2)

Posts 177
Derek Browning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 9:16 AM

when i read a book with bible references, the popup bible is in a foreign language rather than the esv standard. any ideas why that would happen

Posts 31836
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 12:23 PM

Derek Browning:
the popup bible is in a foreign language

It depends upon the prioritization of your Bibles. I believe that all Bibles not in the original language are treated as equals for prioritization. What is your list of prioritized Bibles (excluding original languages)?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 177
Derek Browning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 3:31 PM

I have the ESV listed twice (?) and BDAG listed next.  Nothing else is listed...

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 9:46 PM

Where is it listed? If looking at Prioritize in (desktop) Library and the entries are exactly the same, delete one.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 9:54 PM

Paul Stark:
I do have L3 still installed and wonder if that's messing with the sync.

L3 does not impact priority in desktop Logos 4 nor mobile Logos.

Paul Stark:
Glenn said he did a manual sync. How do you do that?

Glenn needs to answer that.

Paul Stark:
I've had the app installed for months with only one prioritized resource, the NASB. Whether I use Text Comparison or Passage Guide or whatever, I always get the ESV.

Try adding more bibles to your desktop Prioritize list (in Library) and put ESV 4th or 5th (or wherever). However, the sync to mobile could take many days!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS