Genesis Rabbah

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6
Michael Whitworth | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 5 2011 1:22 PM

I am looking for Genesis Rabbah in Logos. If it exists already, I must have missed it. Can anyone help me out? If it isn't available in Logos, what translation exists that is considered the "go-to" edition? Neusner?

Posts 28
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 4:37 PM

I think this and other midrashim would be great on on logos.

Posts 23

I agree.

Posts 29090
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 7:01 PM

Yes

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/71832.aspx

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/59044/420518.aspx

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 557
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 7:47 PM

Yes, yes, and yes! Smile

Posts 4919
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 9:13 PM

An obvious "yes".  Yes

Posts 4919
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 13 2014 2:29 AM

Let me explain this a little bit just to pique interest...

If you are a Christian, this Midrash and the many others that are out there are the Bible Commentaries of Judaism. If you have the Mishnah and Talmud, those are commentaries about what rabbis think about what rabbis think about what rabbis think...about what rabbis think. In other words M&T are about what Judaism is. But these midrashiym are about the BIBLE, and are thus far more useful in a utilitarian sense than M&T are.

Frankly, it's embarrassing that Logos doesn't have these yet. Support this cause...I think you will be pleased you did.

Fwiw, if Logos adds these, they will definitely be added to the Unobtanium package.

Posts 1537
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 13 2014 3:38 AM

Yes

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS