Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 7
Joshua Wright | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 5 2011 10:35 PM

Is it possible to upload a song? For instance I have the lyrics to a song in a Mac Word Document. Is there a way to upload the document or do I just simply have to cut and paste the information into Proclaim?

Thanks!

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 6:11 AM

Proclaim automatically saves edits you make to songs. Take a look at the 'My Songs' section in the song title entry helper. The songs are uniquely identified by title so if you want separate versions of a single song you will need to name them as such.

Posts 36
Ron Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 2:54 PM

I have the same question: How do I import lyrics from a word.doc file? I expected the "file" button to do this, but when pointed to word.docs, they are grayed out as if Proclaim does not recognize the file format.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 3:22 PM

Ron Stephens:

I have the same question: How do I import lyrics from a word.doc file? I expected the "file" button to do this, but when pointed to word.docs, they are grayed out as if Proclaim does not recognize the file format.

Currently, Proclaim supports using .txt or .text files for importing lyrics into Song Items directly.

You can always cut and paste lyrics from other document types into the Lyrics field.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 36
Ron Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 3:52 PM

Gosh! Opening 200+ text files, then copying and pasting them, one at a time, into Proclaim sounds like a real time killer. Why no import of the world's most common word processor file format?

Posts 1
Jason Rowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 4:19 PM

Will there be a method for importing files from MediaShout?

Posts 7
Joshua Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 4:23 PM

Jason Rowe:

Will there be a method for importing files from MediaShout?

This is a very good question! We moved from Songbase to MediaShout 3 years ago. Importing songs from MediaShout would be most helpful.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 1:03 PM

Joshua Wright:

This is a very good question! We moved from Songbase to MediaShout 3 years ago. Importing songs from MediaShout would be most helpful.

We do have plans to allow importing from MediaShout in the future. I don't have an eta on that for you at this time, however.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 10
Jeremy Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 2:37 PM

Scott Alexander:

Proclaim automatically saves edits you make to songs. Take a look at the 'My Songs' section in the song title entry helper. The songs are uniquely identified by title so if you want separate versions of a single song you will need to name them as such.

I added a song to a presentation then added it to another presentation using the My Songs selection.  I edited the song on the second presentation and then went back to the first presentation and expected the changes to show up there, but they did not.  Is that a bug?  If not, that doesn't make any sense to me as with other presentation software you have a database of songs that you choose from.  If you change the song it changes it everywhere.

Posts 10
Jeremy Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 2:39 PM

Ok, it's a little worse than that.  I created a song and edited it so that it would be centered (rather than left-justified like the default).  Then when I clicked "Add Item" in the same presentation and selected the song from My Songs it added the item left-justified.  So, these changes aren't even applying within the same presentation.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 2:56 PM

Jeremy Johnson:

Ok, it's a little worse than that.  I created a song and edited it so that it would be centered (rather than left-justified like the default).  Then when I clicked "Add Item" in the same presentation and selected the song from My Songs it added the item left-justified.  So, these changes aren't even applying within the same presentation.

It is important to note that customizing a slide only ever pertains to that particular slide.

Changes made using the Customize Slide feature will not transfer to new Service Items. 

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 3:05 PM

Jeremy Johnson:
I added a song to a presentation then added it to another presentation using the My Songs selection.  I edited the song on the second presentation and then went back to the first presentation and expected the changes to show up there, but they did not.  Is that a bug?

This is by design. We will never change the textual content of a service item automatically. If you make an edit to a song in your song database it will only apply to future service items.

Posts 10
Jeremy Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 6:24 PM

So is there no way then to make my song be center justified or so I have to customize the instance every time we do the song?

Posts 10
Jeremy Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 6:36 PM

I'm still noticing lots of inconsistencies with this.  I create a new presentation and a new song.  Then I make a new presentation.  Sometimes the song shows up and other times it doesn't.  And sometimes I edit the song on an old presentation, make sure everything is synced, and then try and add it to a new presentation.  Sometimes I get the version of the song before I made the edit and other times I don't.  Either I'm completely missing something or there are some bugs here.  Definitely pretty discouraged as I've been waiting for Proclaim for so long.  Want to finally get rid of ProPresenter!  Little weird transitioning to this stateless system where it's difficult to tell if an item is "saved" and I have multiple versions of instances floating around from prior dates.  Like the concept of a master file in a database much better.

Posts 1697
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 8:12 PM

When you retrieve the edited song, are you getting it from "My Songs" at the bottom of the list, or grabbing it again from the original source? (SongSelect or Logos Hymnbase?)

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 9:21 PM

Jeremy Johnson:
I'm still noticing lots of inconsistencies with this.  I create a new presentation and a new song.  Then I make a new presentation.  Sometimes the song shows up and other times it doesn't.  And sometimes I edit the song on an old presentation, make sure everything is synced, and then try and add it to a new presentation.  Sometimes I get the version of the song before I made the edit and other times I don't.  Either I'm completely missing something or there are some bugs here.

I'll have our tester spend some time on this feature. One thing to note about the current behavior is custom song edits don't upload to the server until you lose focus from that service item. 

Posts 17
Rob Schlegel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 8:26 AM

will it be possible to import directly from song select?  we are currently using media-shout and that downloads songs directly from CCLi song select into media shout for presentation, which saves a lot of time.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 8:34 AM

Rob Schlegel:
will it be possible to import directly from song select?

Yes, we have first class integration with SongSelect.

First link your account.

Then create a song service item and use the song title entry helper (just start typing) to select a song from the SongSelect section.

Posts 7
Joshua Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 10:20 AM

I am using the Mac version.

I am having difficulty seeing the "my songs" selection. For some reason i can scroll down to see Songselect suggestions and Logos Hymnal, but I cannot scroll down further to get to "My Songs". 

Any suggestions?

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 10:42 AM

Joshua,

Can you post a screenshot of the issue you're seeing? (Note: Use can use Cmd+Shift+4 to quickly grab an area of the screen.)

Thanks

Tom

Mobile Development Team Lead

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS