Trying to Study Anabaptist in LOGOS

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 249
Fred J. Morgan | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 6 2011 11:06 AM

While reading "Treatises Against the Anabaptist and Against the Libertines" by John Calvin (I can not find this in LOGOS?) I noted more than MANY footnotes pointing to Anabaptist and pre-Anabaptist writers not limited to but including;
Michael Sattler
Felix Manz
Hans Grebel
Melchoir Hoffmann (?)
Balthausar Hubmaier
Menno Simons
Hetzer
Denck
Zwingli and OTHERS...

It should also be noted in this book Translated and Edited by Benjamin Wirt Farley, Many Anabaptist Books including but not limited to;
The Mennonite Encyclopedia
Zwingli and Calvin - Stauffer
Mennonitte Quarterly Review
Zwinglie Refuted
Zwinglie and Anabaptist - Wyneken
Radical Reformation - Williams
calvin's writting Against the Anabaptist -Beachy
Anabaptist View of State -Hillerbrand
Correspondances (set) - Herminjar
Zwinglie's Refutation - Stauffers
Complete Writings of Menno Simons - Wenger
Evangelical Anabaptist - Williams
Balthausar Hubmaier: Anabaptist theologian and Martyr - Barnes and Estep
State; Anabaptist, Mennonite Attitude Towards - Bender
Anabaptist and the Sword - Stayer
The Scheitheim Confession
and many other fine works and authors..... also some Calvin which I could not find but may be in the Large set of Calvin on LOGOS but not individually.

Many Short works like the Scheitheim confession are already in PBB and have been made available, with more comming including an attempt of "The Martyrs Mirror" which is very large but has been found pre-typed in public domain.

But as shown in the Biblography of this one book, I will have to purchase at least a few hard bound books just to do a study for myself. There are little anabaptist material and No Anabaptist Founders in LOGOS.

HOWEVER; This shows the Point I have been trying to make for YEARS to LOGOS - Attempting a study in Protestant Religions and Faith, Catholic, Calvinism, Evangelical and nearly any other study other than Anabaptist is fairly covered with LOGOS Library !! If not LOGOS is attempting such as with the many Catholic works to make these available.
The Anabaptists are VERY POORLY represented... PLEASE - Just a FEW, Menno Simons, Balthausar Hubmaier, Machael Sattler or maybe some works from Yoder or Bender on the Anabaptist and Anabaptist Theology - Anabaptist Theology comes to mind.

Sincerely Fred Morgan

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 11:09 AM

Fred ... I really admire your pursuit of these areas. Assuming your success, quite a few future users will enjoy Logos, not knowing your earlier efforts.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 29037
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2011 11:55 AM

Denise Barnhart:

Fred ... I really admire your pursuit of these areas. Assuming your success, quite a few future users will enjoy Logos, not knowing your earlier efforts.

Yes

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
Guang Ming | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 26 2012 7:27 AM

I agree! Actually, there are some Anabaptist users here as well. God bless!

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 27 2012 3:00 AM

http://www.christianforums.com/t7667070/ Thomas Finger: A Contemporary Anabaptist Theology. That's a link to where You can discuss it, and there's a link to the Logos -item.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS