ante-nicene fathers volume 4

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 200
Dudley C. Rose | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 6 2009 12:23 PM

It seems that v4 of the ante-nicene fathers is incomplete in Logos 4.  It is complete in 3, but in 4 concludes at p 145.  Is this true for others as well?  I posted this in the beta>resources forum, but I'm not sure people are still checking there.

Thanks,
Dudley

Posts 1942
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 12:41 PM

This does seem to be the case.  Mine stops there as well.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 706
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 12:43 PM

Mine too

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 12:45 PM

Mine too. Stops at page 145

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 12:53 PM

Indeed, I can confirm that:

LLS:6.50.4
2009-10-27T18:42:19Z

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 1:09 PM

You all are lucky.  Mine stops at page 142. Crying

same version as Thomas.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 20
Stephen Egge | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 1:49 PM

Good pickup!

Logos 4 - page 142

Logos 3 - page 669

Posts 25
David Q. Santos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 7:22 PM

Mine ends at pg 142

I also think that I am missing v9

Posts 2302
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 7:25 PM

I will check mine tomorrow and let you know.

Posts 116
Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 7:34 PM

Mine is also truncated.

Matt

Specs:

• Windows 7 x64
  • Quad Xeon 2.83 GHz x2
  • 16GB RAM
  • Nvidia 285 GTX 1GB VRAM
  • Logos 4.1 Platinum, SR-3, indexed
    Posts 39
    John A. Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 8:14 PM

Hmmm!  Mine ends at page 144.  Odd duck?

John A. Taylor - L5 Portfolio+++ = A Great Library!

"A life in His love and fellowship will make prayer to Him the natural expression of our soul's life." ~ Andrew Murray

Posts 489
    LogosEmployee
    Louis St. Hilaire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 11:35 AM

An update correcting ANF 4 is on the way.

I also think that I am missing v9

Volume IX of the Ante-Nicene Fathers was an index volume that was never included in the product. Check your 3.0 library and you'll notice it's missing there also.

Posts 34
    Ian McAsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 12:36 PM

Louis St. Hilaire:
    Volume IX of the Ante-Nicene Fathers was an index volume that was never included in the product

I noticed that some time ago. Is Volume IX likely to be published in the future and will it go as pre-pub or automatically added via L4's "auto-update" process via the cloud?

Posts 8601
    TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 1:43 PM

IanMcAsey:
    I noticed that some time ago. Is Volume IX likely to be published in the future and will it go as pre-pub or automatically added via L4's "auto-update" process via the cloud?
    No.  The point of an index is to find a term's location in a series/book and go to the page.  That's the whole point of a find feature.  The index is needlessly redundant in computer form.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 5610
    Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:05 PM

IanMcAsey:

Louis St. Hilaire:
    Volume IX of the Ante-Nicene Fathers was an index volume that was never included in the product

From the Early Church Fathers product page (http://www.logos.com/products/details/518):

Note: Volume 9 in the original print edition of the Ante-Nicene Fathers was a subject index for the other volumes. Volume 10 was a supplemental volume that was published after the first nine volumes. Since our own indexing is much more accurate than the print volume indexing, we chose not to include volume 9. Also, be aware that later print editions of the Ante-Nicene Fathers changed the order of volumes 9 and 10. So more recent source that cite volume 9 may acutally be referring to what you will actually find in our volume 10.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 6
    jim stillwell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:36 PM

If I drag the button down on the right side I only go to p142, but if I put in a greater page number it does exceed that.  I have gone to p 578 doing this

jim

Posts 34
    Ian McAsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:32 PM

I misread the post, I think, and Thomas' reply made no sense to me.

Then I re-read the post with Todd's quote:

Todd Phillips:
    Note: Volume 9 in the original print edition of the Ante-Nicene Fathers was a subject index for the other volumes. Volume 10 was a supplemental volume that was published after the first nine volumes. Since our own indexing is much more accurate than the print volume indexing, we chose not to include volume 9. Also, be aware that later print editions of the Ante-Nicene Fathers changed the order of volumes 9 and 10. So more recent source that cite volume 9 may acutally be referring to what you will actually find in our volume 10

... and then it all fell in to place. We don't need a volume IX to give us an index - Logos 4 makes its own!

Thanks for the clarification guysYes

Note to me for future reference: Always read the small print and focus on the detailStick out tongue

Posts 2302
    Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 5:18 PM

On my desktop, which I installed L4 from my L3 resources,I am able to view all of vol 4, the last page is 669.

However, my other computer connected to the internet only goes to p.142.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS