bad characters in greek transliteration in interlinear

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 99
Greg B | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 8 2011 6:12 AM

I am getting a ")"  as a transliteration for a diacritic mark over a vowel. It comes right after the vowel in the transliteration.  I don't remember this in the past.  Is it supposed to be this way? Does anyone else have this problem? (I don't regard it as a "feature").

Greg

Posts 2753
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2011 6:37 AM

might you have changed your greek font? in settings (by accident)

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 8 2011 7:35 AM

If you check the program settings there are a couple of different transliteration schemes available. The one you are describing is the Beta code scheme. If you change it to the SBL Greek scheme it'll be more like what you're used to.

Posts 99
Greg B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 9 2011 9:31 AM

Kevin Becker:

If you check the program settings there are a couple of different transliteration schemes available. The one you are describing is the Beta code scheme. If you change it to the SBL Greek scheme it'll be more like what you're used to.

Thanks. I found it under Tools/Program Settings/ Transliteration Format. That did the trick.  I can see the benefit of the Beta. If you needed to be exact but were limited to Latin characters it would be great.  But I was emailing someone and I didn't think the code would be immediately obvious to the recipient.

Greg

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS