Valley of Vision--public domain text

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 4:37 PM

Peace to all!      *smile*

Today is Saturday, January 12, 2013; and I just noticed that Valley of Vision is for sale as a book on Amazon

Valley of Vision: A collection of Puritan Prayers & Devotions

Customer image from ChrisandRach

See all 4 customer images Share your own customer images Publisher: learn how customers can search inside this book.
Quantity: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Yes, I want FREE Two-Day
Shipping
with Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime Free Trial
FREE Two-Day Shipping is available to Amazon Prime members. To join, select "Yes, I want FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime" above the Add to Cart button and confirm your Amazon Prime free trial sign-up during checkout.

Amazon Prime members enjoy:
  • Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
  • One-Day Shipping for just $3.99/item
  • No Minimum Purchase for free or discounted shipping

Important: Your credit card will NOT be charged when you start your free trial or if you cancel during the trial period. If you're happy with Amazon Prime, do nothing. At the end of the free trial, your membership will automatically upgrade to a full year for $79.

or Sign in to turn on 1-Click ordering. More Buying Choices 87 used & new from $8.60 Have one to sell? Sell yours here Share

Valley of Vision: A collection of Puritan Prayers & Devotions [Paperback]

Arthur G. Bennett (Editor) 4.9 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (169 customer reviews) Like (43)

List Price: $16.00
Price: $10.88 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Deal Price:
You Save: $5.12 (32%)
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Want it Tuesday, Jan. 15? Order within 47 hrs 24 mins, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
49 new from $9.73 38 used from $8.60

Formats

Amazon Price New from Used from
Expand Collapse Leather Bound $17.16  
Expand Collapse Paperback $10.88  
Expand Collapse Unknown Binding --  

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 7:24 PM

But not in electronic format. As I understand it, for whatever reason, Banner of Truth is highly resistant to releasing any of their works in electronic format.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 7:49 PM

Chris Roberts:
But not in electronic format. As I understand it, for whatever reason, Banner of Truth is highly resistant to releasing any of their works in electronic format.

Peace, Christ!       You are absolutely correct.    Of Course!               I was just assuming that "electronic" went with the other formats; however, that ain't necessarily so!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 71
Steven Langella | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 6:32 PM

Valley of Vision is outstanding!!  I agree this should be available on Logos!   

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 8 2013 4:00 PM

Ever...?..

...I guess the wait is still going on for Banner of Truth to get on board. The physical vs electronic format seems like a weird position for BOT to take such a firm stance on. Is there any downside for BOT in publishing their works electronically? Or is it just a strange dislike for the "NEW" electronic format?

Does anyone have the wherewithal to build a PB of this? If all the texts are public domain, and just the arrangement of them is under copywrite, it seems that someone could reproduce a doc containing them all legally...

?

Posts 476
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 8 2013 5:09 PM

I don't think all the texts are public domain. We know that Arthur Bennett wrote the very first poem. As for the others, I've not been able to attribute any of the other poems to other writers. I don't think it's a simple arrangement. As far as I can tell, he mixed and matched different authors, reworded, and added his own stuff. In other words, I think it is essentially an original work, as far as copyrights go.

I could be wrong, though, and I wonder if any of you with huge Logos libraries have been able to attribute any of the poems to their original sources.

Posts 476
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:12 AM

More info on Valley of Vision:
http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/2013/07/11/valley-of-vision/

Anyone with a large Puritan library want to help track down the sources for Valley of Vision?

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 12:21 PM

Peace!                Thank you very much for that information!            *smile*

Much appreciated...................

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 1:04 PM

elnwood:

More info on Valley of Vision:
http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/2013/07/11/valley-of-vision/

Anyone with a large Puritan library want to help track down the sources for Valley of Vision?

Yes, thank you for this link. There are public domain works of the authors Arthur Bennett used for compiling The Valley of Vision. I may go to work making PBBs of some of the prayer books listed.

Posts 2787
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 2:12 PM

elnwood:

I just read that blog post and it is what brought me over to Logos Forums.  Justin's post is very helpful, and clarifies why V of V is NOT public domain.

I posted a comment in the blog comments area about how doing the research on Bennett's sources would be so much easier using Logos because many of his source works are already available in Logos.  If V of V were made available, and the Cited By tool could be manipulated properly, many of Bennett's secrets could be seen, I think.

In any case, add my vote for bringing V of V into Logos as a resource.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 3:18 PM

Doc B:
In any case, add my vote for bringing V of V into Logos as a resource.

Me too.

When I saw this thread resurrected I thought that maybe it was going to announce that V of V was in Logos. No such luck (yet).

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 21
Scott Gourley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 9:05 AM

Yes! Please keep working to bring The Valley of Vision into the Logos library.

Posts 165
David C. Rowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 10:56 AM

Yes

Posts 174
Derek Browning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 7:53 PM

Any updates? 

Posts 71
David Pugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 8:52 PM

YesYesYes

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS