Page 1 of 5 (86 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 85 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 44
Ben Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 12 2011 12:28 PM

Like many I jumped on the iOS 5 as soon as it was released. I am updating my iPhone now, but on my iPad the update erased all of my downloaded books despite the fact that iTunes says that the apps are being restored. The Logos app is here and working by I lost my downloaded books. 

Anyone else seeing this?

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 12:38 PM

Yes....I also lost the entire library unless I am not allowing enough time to load.

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 12:54 PM

Perhaps we did not allow enough time? I now see the library and what I was reading. I'mnot sure yet about the downloaded books.

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 2:05 PM

I lost my downloaded books too.I spent two hours re-downloaded my books, same thing happened the last time around.

It is still beyond my why Logos does not save our downloaded books list as part of our profile and even allow us to mark books from download fromthe Desktop app.

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 6:56 PM

Worse than that is that Apple doesn't allow you to back up the downloaded books.

I don't blame Logos. This is Apple's doing.

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 9:25 PM

I blame Logos,

I also have an app from a competitor that is named after an oil producing tree. I did not have to re-download  books or even sign up, I just opened the app and everything was there. I would not mind if Logos' app had to re-download the books, I just don't want to spend two hours doing it manually everything I re-install the app or upgrade the OS. It is not fun at all when you have thousands of books. This is why I did not even bother doing it  with my android app.

Posts 98
April Pyle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 10:13 PM

All I see when I open the Logos app is, on the home screen, Find nearby presentations, and Vyrso is here.  Nothing else.  Library..nothing.  I did get a message first thing that said it couldn't download the book, but I'd not asked for any specific book.  How the heck do I get my Logos back on my phone.  never mind downloaded books.  I have no library period.  Been sitting here a LONG time and still nothing.  I don't even know where to go to begin downloading anything.  This is ridiculous.  I'm planning to buy the new 4S later this week.   Guess I'd best forget having Logos on this phone til I can go get the new one Friday, and then forget it too?

I deleted the app and re-downloaded it.  Now it won't let me log on.  Says invalid username and password.  username is email and I've got that right and I know I've got the password right too, but it won't take it. However, NOW, I have a free books.  But none of my library.  This is frustrating.

April

Posts 46
Greg Hoerter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 10:24 PM

I also get no library, nothing but a revolving circle.  please help!

Posts 1
Jouni Stroja | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 11:43 PM

Same as others, no library..... Hope someone has a fix soon....

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 11:59 PM

I can't see my library on my iPad but I haven't upgraded it to IOS5 so - at least - part of the problem may be done to a server issue at Logos.

Graham

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 12:01 AM

Same for me: no Library at all, but titles still show under recent. I am on an iPad1 and still iOS 4.x, so this is about Logos 1.8.1 and NOT about iOS 5!

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 12:25 AM

JimT:
I am on an iPad1 and still iOS 4.x, so this is about Logos 1.8.1 and NOT about iOS 5!

I had this problem before upgrading to Logos 1.8.1 so think it's a wider issue and must - as far as I can see - be related to an issue with the Logos servers that support the iPad environment or connectivity to them.

Graham

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 12:45 AM

Graham, Yes - not iOS 5 or Logos 1.8.1 then! After seeing all the other forum threads about login issues, I turned off networking on my iPad. In Offline Mode, my Library is back, and I can see and use all 500 or so titles I have offline. I'm writing these notes in the hope they might be useful to others, until the server issues are resolved. I guess I will go without Logos or iOS 5 upgrade until this gets fixed soon. Until then, I can keep what still works.

Posts 2
BA | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 2:10 AM

Same problem...Upgrade my iPhone to iOS5 and now my Logos library is empty! Tried restarting the phone and that didn't work. I then deleted Logos and reinstalled it and now it says "Sign in Failed. Invalid username or password" yet I know they're correct. 

Anyone figure out a fix yet?

Posts 2
BA | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 2:18 AM

Weird...now I can't log onto Logos with my Mac either! What's up with that?

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 4:47 AM

So with Logos servers back up and working can anyone who has done the IOS5 upgrade comment on whether Logos downloaded books were actually lost?

Thanks, Graham

Posts 27431
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 4:56 AM

Graham Criddle:
So with Logos servers back up and working can anyone who has done the IOS5 upgrade comment on whether Logos downloaded books were actually lost?

Graham - Indeed, there seems to be a problem with how Logos stores resources on the mobile app. This is completely unrelated to the downed servers last night. I updated my iPad yesterday and lost my downloaded resources. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 44
Ben Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 5:24 AM

Graham--I had started this forum for the very reason of addressing the downloaded books issue.  The problem with the library and servers is a whole other issue, but, as is often the case, forums can go astray from the original subject.

As alabama24 mentioned, it seems the problem in Logos is with how the resources are stored on the device.  I have a pdf reader with several Greek language files and other miscellaneous stuff stored in it. With the iOS 5 update it was all still there.  I don't know what the fix will be, but it obviously seems that this is not an isolated incident.  I am just thankful I had not downloaded multitudes of books as others.  I remember one person talking about how they spent hours downloading the entire available library.  I do hope they see this before updating!

Posts 98
April Pyle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 6:13 AM

I finally gave up last night after couldn't use the pc version either.  It didn't accept my password.  Appears that it was indeed a server issue ans this morning, all programs load and libraries show.  Don't see indicator that books are downloaded, so will probably have to do that, but I can do that as needed.

April

Posts 15
Stephan de Wit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 6:45 AM

Hi everybody,

I unfortunately upgraded to IOS5 before reading these posts...

All my downloaded books (approximately 1600) are lost...

Hours of downloading for nothing...

I'm a bit sad as you can imagine...

Would it not be great to have an option to download more then one book at the time?
For example, make a selection of books and choose "download selection"...? 

Hope this option will be coming available soon.
I think it would benefit a lot of people.

Anyone agree?

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Stephan de Wit

www.logos.nl

Page 1 of 5 (86 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS