Changing note file color takes too long

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 12 2011 3:16 PM | Locked

Excited by greater options for note colors.

This works okay for note files attached to references, but to notes attached to text (add note to selection), the pallet takes about 10 seconds to load.But This means changing colors on an existing note file with a lot of colors, is going to take a very, very long time.

I'm guessing this is because I have some highlighting pallets that need to be consolidated and shrunk in size.

I'm also finding the note icon size in the text to be a bit larger than before and larger than I'd like. Or else, I may just get used to it.

Aaarrrggg! Logos just crashed. I'll post the logs here:

2642.Logos4.log

44706.Logos4Crash.txt

2664.Logos4Error.log

(Indexer log and Install log completed without error).

Looks like a problem with the sync system.

EDIT: The crash and possibly the time issue could be related to the syncing issue reported here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/39464.aspx I have the same yellow triangle.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 3:28 PM | Locked

Richard ~ I will submit your logs to development. Thank you.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 7:39 AM | Locked

This is still happening.

I suspect there's an issue with one of the items in one of the highlighting pallets. How do I figure out which pallet and/or which item?

Here are the logs:

6557.Logos4Crash.txt

6471.Logos4Error.log

[The indexer is still running, after an install of (only) Spurgeon's Pastor in Prayer.]

76480.Logos4.log

EDIT: By "still happening" I mean the 10 second delay after clicking on an open notefile icon to change the color. It takes about 10 seconds to display the color/highlighting pallet.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 8:19 AM | Locked

'SolidColorBrush' is referenced several times prior to the exception. I'm not sure whether that is one of your styles or referencing something else. I will let development know the problem is still occurring after the sync error fix. Does the crash occur while you are changing the note color? Does it crash right after the color drop-down displays, or can you specify exactly which step causes it to happen?

Let us know if the Indexer does not stop soon and provide a Logos4Indexer.log.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 10:17 AM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
'SolidColorBrush' is referenced several times prior to the exception. I'm not sure whether that is one of your styles or referencing something else. I will let development know the problem is still occurring after the sync error fix. Does the crash occur while you are changing the note color? Does it crash right after the color drop-down displays, or can you specify exactly which step causes it to happen?

Just got back from a breakfast meeting with an out of town friend.

The indexer has finished and I'll send that log too, though there's nothing obvious in there (to my eye).

The crash happened when left-clicking on an open notefile icon, before the pallet displays. Note that this note file has material selected in the text (note attached to selection, not reference). Note files that are attached to a reference, don't have this 10 second delay. It's only when the "Note Highlight" portion of the drop down needs to display.

Once I display it for that note, if I exit the dialog and reopen it, it reopens quickly. If I move to a new note, I have a problem. I have tested with notes imported from Libronix and note files started in L4. The same pattern emerges: if the note is attached to text (and thus highlighted), and the "Note Highlight" portion of the dialog needs to display, invoking the dialog the first time takes about 10 seconds. Occasionally, while Logos is waiting for the dialog to display, I have had Logos crash.

Indexer log: 6170.Logos4Indexer.log

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 10:39 AM | Locked

As an experiment, I collapsed all the lists in the "Note Highlight" portion of the dialog (when following the above procedure). The delay is reduced to less than 1 second (is that even a delay?).

Starting the dialog on a new note with one of these sections not collapsed produces a 4 second delay with the "Emphasis Markup" (26 entries) portion of the pallet (doesn't that ship standard?), about a 2 second delay for "Highlighter Pens" (9 entries, also a standard pallet, right?), about 3 seconds for one of my custom pallets ("Inductive"  34 entries), about 4 seconds for another custom pallet ("Inductive2" with 54 entries), about 3 seconds for yet another pallet ("KeyWords, Themes" with 34 entries).

It seems the number of entries in the list is the determining factor, and may be causing a time out within Logos, if I do the same operation several times in a row. I'll try to not do that. I'll also collapse the portions of the pallet that I'm not using.

BTW, it makes no difference if the highlighting pallet is open (in a pane on the side of the window), or closed.

Many of those entries are quite old and unused. So maybe I just need to clean them up.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 1:14 PM | Locked

We have changed several things about the way that popup works for Beta 4. When that beta has been released and is installed on your PC, please try this again and let us know whether or not you see improvement.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 3:27 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:

We have changed several things about the way that popup works for Beta 4. When that beta has been released and is installed on your PC, please try this again and let us know whether or not you see improvement.

Thanks. Will do.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 2:07 PM | Locked

Richard DeRuiter:

Melissa Snyder:

Thanks. Will do.

Have you seen improvement with Beta 4?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 3:38 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
Have you seen improvement with Beta 4?

Yes! This is much better now. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS