Beta 2 coming shortly to fix "The remote name could not be resolved" sync error

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 12 2011 3:52 PM | Locked

We will be releasing a Beta 2 build to fix an error a few users have reported: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'internal.docapi.logos.com'.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 3:58 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:

We will be releasing a Beta 2 build to fix an error a few users have reported: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'internal.docapi.logos.com'.

Since sync isn't working we'll need a URL. Please make sure it's current to beta 2 when you post it.

(I'm sure you would have done this anyway. I'm just satisfying my own anxiety.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 4:08 PM | Locked

Richard DeRuiter:

Since sync isn't working we'll need a URL. Please make sure it's current to beta 2 when you post it.

You should be able to use "Update Now" even with sync errors present.

Posts 150
LogosEmployee
Todd White (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 5:05 PM | Locked

The “System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'internal.docapi.logos.com'.” error is not causing any real problems; however, as Melissa mentioned we will be releasing a Beta 2 sometime tomorrow to remove this error. But to clarify, sync is still proceeding for your content and the app should be able to be used normally.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 5:42 PM | Locked

Todd White:

The “System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'internal.docapi.logos.com'.” error is not causing any real problems; however, as Melissa mentioned we will be releasing a Beta 2 sometime tomorrow to remove this error. But to clarify, sync is still proceeding for your content and the app should be able to be used normally.

Is it causing the highlighting delays that I am seeing or is it just that the performance of the new way is poorer than the old way?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 7:33 AM | Locked

Todd Phillips:
or is it just that the performance of the new way is poorer than the old way?

Oh, I sure hope not.  The highlighting delays were bad enough with the old way.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS