tablet question

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Ryan Gentles | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 12 2011 8:25 PM

I'm looking to get an Acer tablet (android) and I want to be able to have all my resources even if im offline.  If I downlaod the CD I have with the resources onto an external hard drive, will logos be fully functioning like I was just running it on my laptop?

Posts 19
Ben Mckay | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 11:20 PM

Hi Ryan,

The version of logos that runs on Android is a cut down version for reading, passage guides (when online) and searching. You need to download the free Logos app from the market. Then when you are within the app you can download your resources individually. Please note not all resources are available for download but most are.

After downloading the resources you can then read them in offline mode but will not have access to all functions such as passage guide as that is generated from Logos server. I enjoy reading off the tablet much more than the laptop and find I use logos 90% on the tablet but still need the laptop for more indepth research.

Ben

Posts 56
AA7163 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 6:10 AM

If you are looking at getting the Transformer, you may consider waiting a week or two to see if any more news comes up to support this rumor.  Then you can either get a discounted original or go for the second generation.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/10/12/new-asus-transformer-2-to-have-quad-core-available-november-7th/

Posts 28
Raymond Cabrera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 6:24 PM

I actually own an Acer Tablet, and its like carrying a library in your hand. Logos gives you the option to download the books you choose so when you are offline, you have access only to books you have downloaded.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS