No new resources

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 927
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 6 2009 4:24 PM

Hey all,

I just bought the L4. I already had the Original Languages and so bought that one, but I cannot see any of the new additional resources. I ran the setup that I downloaded after having my order confirmed and it merely updated the engine and indexed my pre-existing library.

What do I do to get the other resources?

Blessings!

Lew

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 4:41 PM

LewWorthington:

Hey all,

I just bought the L4. I already had the Original Languages and so bought that one, but I cannot see any of the new additional resources. I ran the setup that I downloaded after having my order confirmed and it merely updated the engine and indexed my pre-existing library.

What do I do to get the other resources?

Blessings!

Lew

Lew,

Do you mean you crossgraded to Original Languages?

How many resources do you see if you simply open the library - look on the right of the find bar - compare that with what you have in L3 when you do a bibliography report of all unlocked resources?

Try entering entering "infographics" in the library find box and see if you get anything.

Chris

Posts 927
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 10:22 PM

Thanks for the reply, Chris.

I called support and they told me to type "update now" in the command line. Now they're all present and accounted for. (Well, not each one, but spot checks confirm that I've got them.)

Peace,

Lew

Posts 79
Theophilus | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 5:42 PM

LewWorthington:

I just bought the L4. I already had the Original Languages and so bought that one ...

Hi Lew, I'm thinking of buying OL3 discounted and then crossgrading it to OL4, but since I don't have OL3 yet, I can't use Logos Discount Calculator to compute how much it would cost to crossgrade, and whether all this hassle would save me anything at all instead of just buying OL4 new. Since you already have OL3, can you please tell me how much Logos charges to crossgrade to OL4? That will help me make a more informed decision. Thanks.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 5:51 PM

Even if he gave you that $$, I don't think it would be the exact same for you because the price is based on factors such as other books in your library that may be in the package, how recently you made another upgrade, etc...

I have no official answer, but based on my recent upgrade experience my assumption is that you will end up paying the same $$ no matter which way you go so go for the way that requires the least amount of work :-)

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 27031
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 5:59 PM

Theophilus:
I'm thinking of buying OL3 discounted and then crossgrading it to OL4

Logos Sales are the best people to resolve the dollars for you personally.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3747
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 6:44 PM

Dave Hooton:

Dave (as usual) is spot on... If you call, you may even catch them at a moment when they're having some internal contest... trying to set a quarterly record... or trying to achieve the highest denarii per fortnight in Biblical history... or something. They LOVE to sell product... and they're VERY helpful...

If you're satisfied that the deal on the internet is a good value, buy it. But if you want the absolute best deal they can offer, you won't get it without a phone call.

(Pick a salesman in any business; this holds true.)

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 79
Theophilus | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:08 PM

Dave Hooton:

Bill Stonebraker:

They LOVE to sell product... and they're VERY helpful...

Thanks Dave & Bill

Both of you were absolutely right. The Logos sales rep answered my $$$ email query, and he did so most helpfully and with utmost passion for the product. Why didn't I think of just asking Logos directly earlier? Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS